Myo inositol changes to intracellular calcium and brain dysfunction ?

Tidal

I took Myo inositol over a year ago and stopped it after a few weeks. However since taking it, I've had muscle spasms in my arms and my legs every single day. But the worst is the facial muscle pressure and fasciculations in my face and around the mouth-it makes talking difficult.

This is coupled with extreme cognitive problems like seeing a different word to what is written, thinking of the wrong word and getting letters/words muddled. My concentration has also been destroyed.

I've read that inositol affects second messenger systems and especially intracellular calcium. The muscle spasms around the mouth are apparently linked to altered calcium signalling. But I've since taken some calcium, I've tried lots of magnesium, vitamins, CDP choline. I read that taking calcium lowers intracellular calcium but I think it may make the facial muscle pressure worse and increase spasms.
Nothing seems to want to reverse these problems but I think it's to do with changes to calcium signalling. So I think I need to lower intracellular calcium but can anyone help? I don't understand this stuff at all and can't function

Peachy

Sorry, this sounds awful. So, you started the Myo-inositol and soon noticed negative effects that didn’t go away, even after stopping?

What kind of calcium are you taking?

OP
T

Tidal

Sorry, this sounds awful. So, you started the Myo-inositol and soon noticed negative effects that didn’t go away, even after stopping?

What kind of calcium are you taking?
Correct, I've not took any since but things are the same.

I only took calcium a couple times because I didn't want to make things worse but I tried calcium citrate. I think taking it just once or twice increases the spasms and facial pressure. But I've tested blood calcium and it isn't high

Peachy

Correct, I've not took any since but things are the same.

I only took calcium a couple times because I didn't want to make things worse but I tried calcium citrate. I think taking it just once or twice increases the spasms and facial pressure. But I've tested blood calcium and it isn't high
Do you remember how much you took? Any other possible culprits? Do you eat dairy?

Sorry all I’ve got is questions!

OP
T

Tidal

Do you remember how much you took? Any other possible culprits? Do you eat dairy?

Sorry all I’ve got is questions!
11g a day for 5 weeks and no not really.

I might have been taking a herb called cistanche tubulosa at the same time but not for the whole 5 weeks

Peachy

I’m wondering if your hormone profile wasn’t a good match. Myo-inositol is contraindicated for some people. Are you a woman or man? Maybe a Dutch test to see where your hormone levels are? I’d also go to a doc if you have a good one, to rule out any other issues. Tall order, I know.

The dose was pretty high. I’ve heard 4 grams as a standard recommendation.

Dairy helps with calcification better than supplements which can have the opposite effect.

Hopefully someone who understands this better will ring in.

Peachy

Did you see this?

OP
T

Tidal

I’m wondering if your hormone profile wasn’t a good match. Myo-inositol is contraindicated for some people. Are you a woman or man? Maybe a Dutch test to see where your hormone levels are? I’d also go to a doc if you have a good one, to rule out any other issues. Tall order, I know.

The dose was pretty high. I’ve heard 4 grams as a standard recommendation.

Dairy helps with calcification better than supplements which can have the opposite effect.

Hopefully someone who understands this better will ring in.
I'm male. I did a dutch test-I have high progesterone metabolites and high 5a dht, low-ish estradiol among other things. It's important I mention I took ADs which probably threw these values off as well though. I have depersonalisation/anhedonia (my reason for taking Inositol) and dysautonomia from taking them. All in all a complex mess

Peachy

I'm male. I did a dutch test-I have high progesterone metabolites and high 5a dht, low-ish estradiol among other things. It's important I mention I took ADs which probably threw these values off as well though. I have depersonalisation/anhedonia (my reason for taking Inositol) and dysautonomia from taking them. All in all a complex mess
I know how hard all those issues can make it. I have a streak of dysautonomia in me and it’s been a process. But you really can resolve things and get to a much better place.

Eating consistent balanced meals is huge.

Also, eating the superfoods consistently. A little liver and oysters several days a week. A good b-complex and magnesium.

A little sunlight daily. Some clean dairy.

Once I got diet foundations down, I experimented with different add ons, like a little methylene blue. That can give a nice energy boost

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals