Facial Symmetry And How To Improve It

paymanz

Manganese,magnesium,zinc...things that increase osteocalcin levels.

Especially manganese is important to form bone matrix.

Gelatin,vitamin c.

Taurine,b6.

Thyroid,progesterone.

Dhair

I'm not sure that there is much you can do.
I personally never understood why symmetry was considered to be the definitive marker for attractiveness. Famous movie starts like Bradley Cooper and Ryan Gosling are considered to be very handsome but their faces are undeniably asymmetrical in a very noticeable way.
My younger sister has a pretty asymmetrical face and it's upset her in the past and it breaks my heart because she's really and objectively cute girl, she's just telling herself a story that is totally false at this point.
I don't believe any kind of supplement can compensate for a lack of self confidence.

Is the asymmetry across the horizon or vertical?

Vertical:

qoa80027f5.png

Horizontal

170310b36b5a2446de9ab18cf7f42c23.jpg

Uncaged

My face is very asymmetrical. It's more noticeable in pictures that's why I try avoid people taking pictures of me since I feel embarrassed. People have made fun of my face in the past so I decided to change my lifestyle. I exercise and lift weights now too. I read up quite a lot on facial symmetry but the information seems to be vague and I'm not sure what to trust. I thought I'd ask you guys who are more knowledgeable.

I started supplementing Vitamins K2, D, E, A and recently calcium carbonate.

K2 - 15mg (increased it three days ago, used to be 5mg).
D - 10,000iu
A - 5000iu
E - 600iu
Calcium carbonate - 2000mg (started supplementing last week)

I read that K2 and fat soluble vitamins are related to bone development but so far after 3 weeks of supplementing at these fairly high doses I feel nothing, no difference at all. I feel like I'm doing it wrong or maybe my facial asymmetry is 100% genetics and can't be improved via diet. Aside from supplementing I'm also following a good diet ofcourse.

Can anyone give an suggestions or words of advice. I feel like I'm wasting time and money on supplementation.

What specifically about your facial development is causing your self-consciousness?

JDreamer

My face is very asymmetrical. It's more noticeable in pictures that's why I try avoid people taking pictures of me since I feel embarrassed. People have made fun of my face in the past so I decided to change my lifestyle. I exercise and lift weights now too. I read up quite a lot on facial symmetry but the information seems to be vague and I'm not sure what to trust. I thought I'd ask you guys who are more knowledgeable.

I feel your pain.

I have the Paris Hilton thing going on where my left eyelid is droopier than my left. All-in-all the two sides of my face don't look alike at all and I've been very insecure about any pictures being taken of me with the right side being prominent.

Between the diffused thinning, the asymmetry of my face, and the general puffiness of it - I feel like total ***t about myself on most days.

Constatine

I feel your pain.

I have the Paris Hilton thing going on where my left eyelid is droopier than my left. All-in-all the two sides of my face don't look alike at all and I've been very insecure about any pictures being taken of me with the right side being prominent.

Between the diffused thinning, the asymmetry of my face, and the general puffiness of it - I feel like total ***t about myself on most days.
Maybe you can try low dose progesterone and vitamin k. Should improve face symmetry and hair loss. I would recommend 5-ar derived androgens for the puffy face but they create a large energy demand and can of course worsen hair loss if you are already in an energy deficit. Your appearance is nothing but a reflection of your health, change your health and you change you appearance. Don't let learned helplessness get the better of you.

CoolTweetPete

I am really not sure why this idea isn't posited more often but facial posture seems to be very important for facial symmetry.

Some people seem to favor one side of their jaw more and it's very noticeable. I favored the right side of my jaw for chewing for years and it seemed to create asymmetry.

In exercise physiology it is well understood that stretching a tissue causes an adaptive response in the golgi tendon appartus (reciprocal inhibition) causing a muscle to relax and elongate.

Massaging a tissue makes this process more effective through autogenic inhibition. This is why foam rolling tissues before stretching them is effective and recommended for people with arthrokinematic imbalances. I believe this same process works on the muscles of the neck, face, and skull.

I have improved my facial symmetry by massaging tight areas in my neck, face, jaw, and skull, then performing various stretches like jutting forward the lower jaw while raising the eyebrows and holding the position.

It can be surprising how much tension develops in the muscles of the cervical spine and jaw from years of chewing tough foods and not releasing the built up tension. We have chewing muscles on our skulls nearly to the top of the head. The hunched over posture which people, who sit for prolonged periods of time certainly contributes to this degenerative process.

Shortened anterior large muscles --> Elongated posterior large muscles --> Shortened anterior chain cervical muscles --> Elongated posterior chain cervical muscles

It's a muscular Tug of War.

Biting down on a symmetrical object like a pen in the same location on both sides of the mouth is also helpful for me. It's probably helpful to have good overall body posture during these exercises as it will reinforce the improved position in the nervous system. Contracting for a few seconds and relaxing for a few seconds is a cue I have found helpful.

I have really noticed the improved symmetry in my face, particularly in the appearance of my lips and teeth when I smile.

These concepts work for other muscle groups so I've been curious why not a lot of people consider these attributes in their neck up muscles.

I've even gotten comments from people lately about how symmetrical my face is. I almost feel embarrassed to admit it's a result of years of work lol.

Vitamin K2 as others have mentioned seems to help. When I first started massaging my cervical spine my tissue would make popping sounds (fibrosis?). This stopped completely after about a year of consistently following the above routine with Kuinone applied to the neck.

Aside from the changes in muscular balance this seems to cause, there is probably also an improvement in neuromuscular control of the muscles neck up. This would allow for generally better facial posture and an added improvement of symmetry.

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

I feel your pain.

The best exercise I've encountered for this (which I also had a few years ago) is to jut the low jaw forward and alternate raising each eyebrow independently of the other.

I was initially unable to do this at all and I looked buffoonish attempting to do it, but now I can do it quite easily. If you find both your eyebrows shift when you attempt to lift one, try pinning the stationary brow with a firm finger placed on the brow horizontally.

The control comes with time, patience, and consistency.

Constatine

I am really not sure why this idea isn't posited more often but facial posture seems to be very important for facial symmetry.

Some people seem to favor one side of their jaw more and it's very noticeable. I favored the right side of my jaw for chewing for years and it seemed to create asymmetry.

In exercise physiology it is well understood that stretching a tissue causes an adaptive response in the golgi tendon appartus (reciprocal inhibition) causing a muscle to relax and elongate.

Massaging a tissue makes this process more effective through autogenic inhibition. This is why foam rolling tissues before stretching them is effective and recommended for people with arthrokinematic imbalances. I believe this same process works on the muscles of the neck, face, and skull.

I have improved my facial symmetry by massaging tight areas in my neck, face, jaw, and skull, then performing various stretches like jutting forward the lower jaw while raising the eyebrows and holding the position.

It can be surprising how much tension develops in the muscles of the cervical spine and jaw from years of chewing tough foods and not releasing the built up tension. We have chewing muscles on our skulls nearly to the top of the head. The hunched over posture which people, who sit for prolonged periods of time certainly contributes to this degenerative process.

Shortened anterior large muscles --> Elongated posterior large muscles --> Shortened anterior chain cervical muscles --> Elongated posterior chain cervical muscles

Biting down on a symmetrical object like a pen in the same location on both sides of the mouth is also helpful for me. It's probably helpful to have good overall body posture during these exercises as it will reinforce the improved position in the nervous system. Contracting for a few seconds and relaxing for a few seconds is a cue I have found helpful.

I have really noticed the improved symmetry in my face, particularly in the appearance of my lips and teeth when I smile.

These concepts work for other muscle groups so I've been curious why not a lot of people consider these attributes in their neck up muscles.

I've even gotten comments from people lately about how symmetrical my face is. I almost feel embarrassed to admit it's a result of years of work lol.

Vitamin K2 as others have mentioned seems to help. When I first started massaging my cervical spine my tissue would make popping sounds (fibrosis?). This stopped completely after about a year of consistently following the above routine with Kuinone applied to the neck.

Aside from the changes in muscular balance this seems to cause, there is probably also an improvement in neuromuscular control of the muscles neck up. This would allow for generally better facial posture and an added improvement of symmetry.
I think people often ignore this method because its a whole lot of work... Some of us are lazy :D

Herbie

I feel your pain.

I used to have a droopy left eye as well but its gone now because of becoming healthier overtime.

I will mention that if your spine is not aligned your face follow the same as the spine when I had scoliosis my nose was bent like in the photo above and since fixing the scololisis my face has become symmetrical.

CoolTweetPete

I think people often ignore this method because its a whole lot of work... Some of us are lazy :D

:) Yeah. It takes a whole lot more discipline than I initially had. As with any habit I think it gets easier as one does it more often. Discipline seems to follow improved moment to moment awareness.

It's easy to squeeze into thoughtless activities like driving or to help relax before drifting to sleep. These are certainly good places to start.

jaa

I have had similar results. Improved posture and massage has loosened my neck, jaw, and face muscles and I've done a few TMJ exercises to help strengthen/align my jaw. I apply K2 to stiff muscles and also have the popping sounds (my posture was really jacked up). I haven't tried the pen chewing technique, but that sounds useful and I'll now incorporate it into my routine.

Davinci

Pete,

Are there any good youtube videos of the massages you mentioned above? Just want to make sure that I'm doing them right.

Badger

Are You Crooked? Are You Crooked? What's Happened to Our Faces? (2 mins on YouTube)

Are You Crooked? Published on Dec 6, 2017
My Incredible Opinion with Forrest Maready.
"Have you noticed how crooked our faces have become? Lopsided smiles and misaligned eyes? I noticed this phenomenon a few years ago and when I set out to understand what might be causing it, I had no idea how shocking the answer would be. In this +2 hour video, I explain the theories I developed as I discovered how crooked faces are the common link between almost all of the modern diseases plaguing humanity: Autism, Alzheimer's, Autoimmune diseases, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's and many more."

CoolTweetPete

Pete,

Are there any good youtube videos of the massages you mentioned above? Just want to make sure that I'm doing them right.

Fumiko (from FaceYoga Method) did some videos, but that was years ago. I would try Googling her name to see what pops up. She may have attempted to monetize them by now.

Everything I do for facial symmetry seems much more intuitive now than it did back then. I don't really do a lot of targeted face stretches anymore, but I do pay attention to my facial posture. If I tilt my neck toward my chest for a prolonged period of time (looking down at something) I am sure to then spend some time in the opposite range of motion. Tilting my head back, looking up at the sky for a while to ensure the deep cervical muscles of the neck do not begin favoring a shortened position (which they definitely used to).

I got to this sort of "maintenance state" after years of stretching and massage working around my anterior cervical spine, face, skull, and shoulders. If you're uncomfortable massaging yourself, I would recommend having a masseuse focus on those areas and point out any spots her or she feels trouble in.

The first time a masseuse massage the front of my neck, she was baffled at how much scar tissue I had around that area. I never had any injuries there. It was simply from poor neck posture for 20+ years.

I think a lot of folks could benefit from this. Particularly people experiencing early-onset hairloss. I think scar tissue formation in that area could have a negative affect on circulation to the scalp. If you review the anatomy of the vasculature of the face and skull, it's clear to see that impinging any vasculature along the anterior part of the face and neck could inhibit blood flow to the scalp, particularly the temples.

tomisonbottom

The best exercise I've encountered for this (which I also had a few years ago) is to jut the low jaw forward and alternate raising each eyebrow independently of the other.

I was initially unable to do this at all and I looked buffoonish attempting to do it, but now I can do it quite easily. If you find both your eyebrows shift when you attempt to lift one, try pinning the stationary brow with a firm finger placed on the brow horizontally.

The control comes with time, patience, and consistency.

What is the reason for moving the jaw when trying to correct eyelid drooping?
I just tried it and don't see it doing anything.

CoolTweetPete

This position can take advantage of the length-tension relationships between the muscles on the face. When you tense a set of tissues or place it at an end range of motion, the surrounding tissues have less slack to work with, which should increase the tension in the tissue you are targeting.

When I lift my eyebrows in this way, I feel it at the bottom of my jaw, but if I leave my jaw slack, I only feel it around my eyes. I actually tremble a little bit at the end range when I lift each brow (and hold for a moment). In exercise physiology, we see this as a signal that motor control is being challenged.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals