Donald Trump

thomas00

A conspiracy so large should be quite easy for you to reference a few footnotes for.

Name dropping authors is not evidence.

Wheres the proof that convinced you all this was real?

x-ray peat

A conspiracy so large should be quite easy for you to reference a few footnotes for.
Name dropping authors is not evidence.
Wheres the proof that convinced you all this was real?
Footnotes are not what is needed but rather a bibliography which is what I gave you. You could easily type those names into amazon and voila, you have an introductory reading list with all the documentation you could ever want. A little effort on your part is what is missing.

Last edited:

yerrag

It is very hard for me to keep from thinking how any incoming administration that departs from the traditional "Democratic or Republican" non-choices would have an easy time with the entrenched interests and power structure in DC. It is embedded in the culture and in all the institutions, with no exception at all. I'm glad that Trump has broken through this ceiling, or wall, however you call it, and his ability to not equivocate on major issues, pointing out self-evident truths that has the simplicity of the boy who called out the emperor for his foolish lack of clothes.

A society whose thought process is shaped by the crafty circumlocution of the elites is a confused society, brought down by the haziness of an endless mix of trivialities that blur their focus on major issues. It ceaselessly creates crises and meltdowns out of microscopic cracks. The internet calls these individuals trolls. Yet they are ever present in large numbers, and what hurts most is that they are most visible in our media establishment. They constantly distort the news, and massage statistics and reshape retelling ofevents by cherry picking details, magnifying what suits their ends while omitting what runs counter to their narrative. A public that can see through this is the best defense against such yellow journalism. Yet at least half the public act and react without much thinking, governed by conditioned reflexes, throwing away their instincts in smelling something rotten or amiss. The real sad part is that these are the mostly college-educated people whose minds have become sophisticated and trapped in a cycle of self-affirmations, having been taught to lose touch with reality, yet feeling entitled to push their viewpoint only because they are justified by their seemingly noble pursuit of goodness.

You have mayors and governors and sanctuary cities that would aid what is illegal, and whose justification is that they have a higher calling of morality. Yet they would put all the burdens of supporting illegals on the government, and separate themselves from the responsibility. Such compartmentalization is convenient when people don't see the immediate effects of their "generosity," since the government will take care of them, and the illegals. They fail to see in their own countrymen, in the heartland, the suffering that has resulted from such poor policy making. They even mock them by agreeing to insulting them as deplorables. These are the people who expect the government who take care of their health, and expect no less that the government will also provide for the illegals. And have the mistaken view of the government as an endless source of funds, even if the funding is from a growing pile of debt.

A government that will keep taking on new burdens while not aiding in the generation of tax revenues by encouraging business, will only keep on taking new debt and pushing this debt into the future. This kind of governing has been the norm for the US, and sooner or later the country will have to face the folly of voting for traditional politicians. The debt is already sky high yet it is still unpopular to talk about tackling the growth of this debt, much less its reduction.

Trump's administration is wanting to take these steps, yet the obstructionists in both parties - Republican and Democrat - are resisting. The media, being paid shills, are acting in a very reactionary way. They want business as usual, even when the writing is on the wall. They rather the country cross the bridge when it gets there. They rather some hero come later to save them from their own undoing. They rather the country renege on their debts later to China, and will willingly rationalize their own repudiation of debt - since China is "evil."

They are throwbacks to Rome burning while Nero plays his fiddle. And a good reason why the US will decline like Rome did if the media continues to feed the programming to this electorate in trance.

This is the reason why peaceful change is so difficult. There are so many entrenched interests to weed out. I'm glad there is at least half the electorate who understands this. But sad that the entrenched media has got the minds of the other half on the wrong side of the argument.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

1500 paedophile arrests and little in the controlled media
ask yourself why?
unfortunately they are mostly arresting low level pimps, johns or men with pedo pictures on their hard drive. I think its window dressing but should be reported nonetheless

Birdie

At Uncensored News I see about 2 reports a week on schoolteachers, but don't see reports other places.

thomas00

Footnotes are not what is needed but rather a bibliography which is what I gave you. You could easily type those names into amazon and voila, you have an introductory reading list with all the documentation you could ever want. A little effort on your part is what is missing.

You completely avoided my request to provide the evidence which convinced you all of this was real, so I shouldn't really bother continuing, but....

You say there is enough evidence available to fill numerous books but won't post a single reference to convince me that reading all of these books wouldn't be a total waste of my time, yet you insist it's me not putting in the effort.

You're alleging the biggest conspiracy in the history of the United States and the only thing you've provided as proof is a youtube video and the names of some 5 authors that no other scholar has taken much notice of. I've searched the bibliography of the names you've given. I haven't come across a single book which covers this grand propaganda scheme.

Which books?

Last edited:

Birdie

Liked that @yerrag.
I keep listening to the Pressers and they are encouraging, calming somehow.
At the same time I am quite the pessimist. :)
Always have been. Starting in about 3rd grade when we learned of the Fall of Rome.
The idea that common sense or reason don't always rule surprised me and still does.

x-ray peat

You completely avoided my request to provide the evidence which convinced you all of this was real, so I shouldn't really bother continuing, but....

You say there is enough evidence available to fill numerous books but won't post a single reference to convince me that reading all of these books wouldn't be a total waste of my time, yet you insist it's me not putting in the effort.

You're alleging the biggest conspiracy in the history of the United States and the only thing you've provided as proof is a youtube video and the names of some 5 authors that no other scholar has taken much notice of. I've searched the bibliography of the names you've given. I haven't come across a single book which covers this grand propaganda scheme.

Which books?
I am getting the feeling that I'm being trolled. I really have a hard time believing that you did any searching whatsoever of the names I gave you. It is quite obvious which of their books are on this subject.

But just in case that you are being honest, I will get you started with two. One is from Bill Clinton's Mentor and a full Professor at Georgetown. The other is a Stanford University Professor and Hoover Institution Scholar. Read their reviews on Amazon and make up your own mind if you want to read them. They are almost all 5 stars. Just be careful you don't get lost down the rabbit hole. These books covers a tiny part of the subject.

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time: Carroll Quigley: 9780945001102: Amazon.com: Books
America's Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones: Antony C. Sutton: 9780972020749: Amazon.com: Books

yerrag

Liked that @yerrag.
I keep listening to the Pressers and they are encouraging, calming somehow.
At the same time I am quite the pessimist. :)
Always have been. Starting in about 3rd grade when we learned of the Fall of Rome.
The idea that common sense or reason don't always rule surprised me and still does.
Thanks. What are the Pressers?

thomas00

I am getting the feeling that I'm being trolled. I really have a hard time believing that you did any searching whatsoever of the names I gave you. It is quite obvious which of their books are on this subject.

But just in case that you are being honest, I will get you started with two. One is from Bill Clinton's Mentor and a full Professor at Georgetown. The other is a Stanford University Professor and Hoover Institution Scholar. Read their reviews on Amazon and make up your own mind if you want to read them. They are almost all 5 stars. Just be careful you don't get lost down the rabbit hole. These books covers a tiny part of the subject.

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time: Carroll Quigley: 9780945001102: Amazon.com: Books
America's Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones: Antony C. Sutton: 9780972020749: Amazon.com: Books

The reviews haven't inspired me to read Quigley's book, but have further convinced me it's just quack stuff.

In between their praise for exposing the attempts of bankers to basically control as much of the world as they could (how is this news?) there are stinging criticisms that clearly point to his book being just about his beliefs, not serious academic work. I'm interested in evidence that illustrate theories, not somebody's suspicions:

After hearing so much about this book and also reading many other related works I felt the need to comment. I've read on this "Establishment" or Conspiratorial perception of history from the "Right"; Skousen's "Naked Capitalist", McManus' "None Dare Call it Conspiracy" and many others including John Coleman's totally unsubstantiated and undocumented piece of rubbish work "The Committee of 300" with thesis predicated on HIS mistranslation of a quote by Walther Rathenau. [...].

Sadly, many of the similar observations and reservations can also be applied to Quigley's "Tragedy and Hope" from my reading 500+ pages, of this 1348 tome, I suddenly noticed that Dr. Quigley affords his readers no footnotes and no bibliography; something totally foreign to any Academic work or work produced by, or for, Academics.

Given the facts, that Quigley's constantly asserting and discussing this is the academic form of 'getting away with murder.' Much of what Quigley wrote about, not all, in the 1920s and '30s was documented in many history books, albeit with a different perspective. But the sloppiness of Quigley's approach, it's similar in "the Anglo-American Establishment" allows people to say, 'how do you know?' or 'who said that?' If you're tenured at a joint like Georgetown, this proves that one can get away with 'murder.' The only way, from an true Academic view, to get away without footnotes or any bibliography is....a well presented work but perhaps of more comparable to a novel, which is perhaps why no plagiarism questions or charges have yet been claimed against Quigley or this work?

No footnotes, nothing. This is not scholarship.

And I can't find anything in the reviews that mention this KGB conspiracy that controlled America's information systems you claim. And I can't find that in the reviews of Sutton's book either. I hope you'll point them out if I'm wrong.

It seems you've been fairly mesmerised by a single individual, a man who's profession it was to lie. You don't seem curious that, as far as I can tell, he is the only former Soviet employee alleging this conspiracy, one that would have had to involve at least thousands of others.

Have you given any thought to that and what it means for the weight of his accusations?

Last edited:

x-ray peat

The reviews haven't inspired me to read Quigley's book, but have further convinced me it's just quack stuff.

In between their praise for exposing the attempts of bankers to basically control as much of the world as they could (how is this news?) there are stinging criticisms that clearly point to his book being just about his beliefs, not serious academic work. I'm interested in evidence that illustrate theories, not somebody's suspicions:

After hearing so much about this book and also reading many other related works I felt the need to comment. I've read on this "Establishment" or Conspiratorial perception of history from the "Right"; Skousen's "Naked Capitalist", McManus' "None Dare Call it Conspiracy" and many others including John Coleman's totally unsubstantiated and undocumented piece of rubbish work "The Committee of 300" with thesis predicated on HIS mistranslation of a quote by Walther Rathenau. [...].

Sadly, many of the similar observations and reservations can also be applied to Quigley's "Tragedy and Hope" from my reading 500+ pages, of this 1348 tome, I suddenly noticed that Dr. Quigley affords his readers no footnotes and no bibliography; something totally foreign to any Academic work or work produced by, or for, Academics.

Given the facts, that Quigley's constantly asserting and discussing this is the academic form of 'getting away with murder.' Much of what Quigley wrote about, not all, in the 1920s and '30s was documented in many history books, albeit with a different perspective. But the sloppiness of Quigley's approach, it's similar in "the Anglo-American Establishment" allows people to say, 'how do you know?' or 'who said that?' If you're tenured at a joint like Georgetown, this proves that one can get away with 'murder.' The only way, from an true Academic view, to get away without footnotes or any bibliography is....a well presented work but perhaps of more comparable to a novel, which is perhaps why no plagiarism questions or charges have yet been claimed against Quigley or this work?

No footnotes, nothing. This is not scholarship.

And I can't find anything in the reviews that mention this KGB conspiracy that controlled America's information systems you claim. And I can't find that in the reviews of Sutton's book either. I hope you'll point them out if I'm wrong.

It seems you've been fairly mesmerised by a single individual, a man who's profession it was to lie. You don't seem curious that, as far as I can tell, he is the only former Soviet employee alleging this conspiracy, one that would have had to involve at least thousands of others.

Have you given any thought to that and what it means for the weight of his accusations?
I am not sure why you even asked for any references or sources since you keep knocking everything down with the flimsiest of reasons. Last time you said you couldn’t find any of the books written by the 5 scholars I gave you. Before that, the Professor believed in God so you couldn’t take him seriously and I guess you said the KGB agent was just making everything up. Now you say that one of the books doesn’t have footnotes so you use can’t be bothered. I am sure that justifies the rejection of the other ten books written by those authors. Like I said a certain amount of curiosity and self motivation is required. I think I did all that I can do.

But just to clarify this for anyone else reading, Carrol Quigley, a historian with impeccable credentials, wrote “Tragedy and Hope” as the magnum opus of his life’s work. The book is over 1300 pages long. Footnotes would easily add another 500 pages. Many of the facts can be checked on your own. While he provides a description of his sources for less well known facts. Also many of his insights come from access to the private papers of several secret societies and large foundations. These are not published documents so footnotes would be meaningless and probably would not have been allowed by those granting him access. You can actually download it for free. http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/Tragedy_and_Hope.pdf.

But if you only read books with footnotes you could always start with another of his books that covers a similar subject. This is heavily referenced and footnoted. Amazon.com: Anglo-American Establishment (9780945001010): Quigley Carroll: Books

Your other dubious complaint is that none of the reviews specifically mentioned what Yuri Besmenov had claimed, so therefore they all must be wrong. If you actually read these authors and others I referenced you would see how the Soviet Union plays into this. Like I said previously, this is a very very large subject. One book can’t cover all aspects of it and very few writers truly understand all of its parts. I don’t claim to either but it’s only after reading many many books and listening to hundreds of hours of interviews that you can begin to put the full picture together. So no, I have not been mesmerized by one man.

Do you really think that there wouldn’t be a massive disinformation campaign to keep something like this suppressed? If you fall for every negative hit piece on this or any other controversial subject, you will never get anywhere near the truth. If you took that same attitude towards your health you would be cooking in corn oil and taking fish oil pills as the majority of “credentialed experts” say that this is healthy.

Finally assuming that you respect Ray’s opinion, I would suggest that you read this first post carefully. Ray Peat On Donald Trump. Ray says that the culture is "a control system, programmed to maintain the class system." Do you really think that there is some magical auto-pilot that is maintaining this control? Nothing stays in control without outside effort and influence.

Last edited:

jaguar43

I am not sure why you even asked for any references or sources since you keep knocking everything down with the flimsiest of reasons. Last time you said you couldn’t find any of the books written by the 5 scholars I gave you. Before that, the Professor believed in God so you couldn’t take him seriously and I guess you said the KGB agent was just making everything up. Now you say that one of the books doesn’t have footnotes so you use can’t be bothered. I am sure that justifies the rejection of the other ten books written by those authors. Like I said a certain amount of curiosity and self motivation is required. I think I did all that I can do.

But just to clarify this for anyone else reading, Carrol Quigley, a historian with impeccable credentials, wrote “Tragedy and Hope” as the magnum opus of his life’s work. The book is over 1300 pages long. Footnotes would easily add another 500 pages. Many of the facts can be checked on your own. While he provides a description of his sources for less well known facts. Also many of his insights come from access to the private papers of several secret societies and large foundations. These are not published documents so footnotes would be meaningless and probably would not have been allowed by those granting him access. You can actually download it for free. http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/Tragedy_and_Hope.pdf.

But if you only read books with footnotes you could always start with another of his books that covers a similar subject. This is heavily referenced and footnoted. Amazon.com: Anglo-American Establishment (9780945001010): Quigley Carroll: Books

Your other dubious complaint is that none of the reviews specifically mentioned what Yuri Besmenov had claimed, so therefore they all must be wrong. If you actually read these authors and others I referenced you would see how the Soviet Union plays into this. Like I said previously, this is a very very large subject. One book can’t cover all aspects of it and very few writers truly understand all of its parts. I don’t claim to either but it’s only after reading many many books and listening to hundreds of hours of interviews that you can begin to put the full picture together. So no, I have not been mesmerized by one man.

Do you really think that there wouldn’t be a massive disinformation campaign to keep something like this suppressed? If you fall for every negative hit piece on this or any other controversial subject, you will never get anywhere near the truth. If you took that same attitude towards your health you would be cooking in corn oil and taking fish oil pills as the majority of “credentialed experts” say that this is healthy.

Finally assuming that you respect Ray’s opinion, I would suggest that you read this first post carefully. Ray Peat On Donald Trump. Ray says that the culture is "a control system, programmed to maintain the class system." Do you really think that there is some magical auto-pilot that is maintaining this control? Nothing stays in control without outside effort and influence.

The main thing is that you keep posting some quotes and videos from Yuri Besmenov in which he states that the KGB infiltrated the U.S academia with Marxism ideology for "ideological subversion'. Two problems, one is that the people who sponsored him were committed to anti-communism (Edward Griffin). Second, Ray Peat himself doesn't go down that road. Here is a quote from him in a recent email exchange by another member.

"Nietzsche got some things right, when he deviated a little from his commitment to Schopenhauer's "world as will and representation." Schopenhauer's Kantian taint is background for Nietzsche. Schopenhauer knew Goethe, and worked with him on color theory, but went in the direction of subjective idealism when he departed from Goethe's understanding of color as objective.
By making Will the ultimate reality, outside of time, they lost the possibilities of a real physiology of knowledge, since time, change, and development through interaction are essential aspects of realism. Aristotle, De la Mettrie, Lamarck and Goethe were framing things in an open way, that I think was generally lost in the mainstream 19th century culture, and subsequently, because of the interaction of the various philosophical idealisms with authoritarianism. (Bob Altemeyer's The Authoritarians is available free on the internet.) The idea of creation was confused with subjectivism and self assertion, because the Will/Self was hypostatized. Wilhelm Reich and Lenin recovered some of the vital realist attitude, in which the self develops and discovers by observing and participating in the complex involvements of reality. Nietzsche didn't see that biology and culture can interact constructively, expansively, but more by assimilation than by assertion. If the idea "He instinctively gathers his totality from everything he sees, hears, and experiences" had been generalized in different ways, it could have contributed to contemporary culture. The criticism of Darwin was right; Samuel Butler represented the Lamarckian view, that intelligence guides evolution. I think what Nietzsche missed was that assertion, displacing receptive perception, is the recurrent cause of "lowness." " - Ray Peat, Jan 2014

"Heraclitus, Aristotle, Blake, Lamarck, Goethe, Samuel Butler, Vernadsky, Lenin, Kropotkin, J.C. Bose, Albert Schweitzer, Maurice Merleau-Ponty are people that I think succeeded pretty well in avoiding misrepresentation of reality. Examples of toxic misrepresentation of reality are Plato, Berkeley, Hegel, Kant, and all the varieties of neo-kantians, including most US and European academics in all fields."

Nietzsche As Biological Visionary?

Thats not to say that Peat leans that way politically. However, to espouse the anti-communist rhetoric is far from anything that has to do with Ray Peat and his work. It's clear that Peat states that certain people ( like lenin) may have philosophical insights that help avoid misrepresentation of reality.

schultz

PJW utterly destroys anything you have to say on this topic. You will ignore this. You will resort to ad hominem. Because you know everything he's saying here is 100% true but you just like playing the victim role.

Some good points in this vid.

x-ray peat

The main thing is that you keep posting some quotes and videos from Yuri Besmenov in which he states that the KGB infiltrated the U.S academia with Marxism ideology for "ideological subversion'. Two problems, one is that the people who sponsored him were committed to anti-communism (Edward Griffin). Second, Ray Peat himself doesn't go down that road. Here is a quote from him in a recent email exchange by another member.

Thats not to say that Peat leans that way politically. However, to espouse the anti-communist rhetoric is far from anything that has to do with Ray Peat and his work. It's clear that Peat states that certain people ( like lenin) may have philosophical insights that help avoid misrepresentation of reality.
I think you are missing my point. I posted and quoted from several other sources besides Besmenov. It’s not a matter of Communism vs. Capitalism. This is a Hegelian dialectic where both sides to a conflict are controlled. In fact, Besmenov alludes to this in his interview when he mentions that there is a power above the Soviets who are actually directing things. You can read any of Anthony Sutton’s books to see how the West has funded and created all of our supposed enemies.

As for Ray’s quote, he is only saying that Lenin, among many others, had a more accurate view of reality than did Nietzsche. He does not say what he thinks of Lenin's actions with that more accurate world view. But I doubt he supports the killing of almost 100 million people for the Communist utopia. If anything Ray has consistently denounced authoritarians like Lenin and other Communists.

Or is that just more anti-communist rhetoric?

Last edited:

thomas00

I keep rejecting it because you haven't provided any actual evidence. And it's not up to me or anybody else to go hunting through pages of books. You are the one making the claims, the onus is on you to prove it.

If you feel a 'scholar' having to adhere to the rules of his profession ie actually proving what he says instead of just throwing out wild accusations, is too high a bar to be setting then you're in the same league as the religious.

Where are these ten other books?

Invoking his credentials is an appeal to authority that isn't going to make your claims look any less hollow. And saying that adding references to support his theories would add too many pages and is obviously all too convenient, and quite pathetic.

I'm not interested in a similar subject. I'm interested in one that covers this conspiracy you've claimed.

Your other dubious complaint is that none of the reviews specifically mentioned what Yuri Besmenov had claimed, so therefore they all must be wrong.

I said that none of the reviews mentioned this grand conspiracy because it obviously indicates that it isn't a significant part of the book or it doesn't contain it at all.

If you actually read these authors and others I referenced you would see how the Soviet Union plays into this. Like I said previously, this is a very very large subject. One book can’t cover all aspects of it and very few writers truly understand all of its parts. I don’t claim to either but it’s only after reading many many books and listening to hundreds of hours of interviews that you can begin to put the full picture together. So no, I have not been mesmerized by one man.

Plenty of people believe in bigfoot and UFO abductions too. They have tonnes of books, interviews and the like. They even have conferences about it. It doesn't make any less silly.

Do you really think that there wouldn’t be a massive disinformation campaign to keep something like this suppressed? If you fall for every negative hit piece on this or any other controversial subject, you will never get anywhere near the truth.

If you suspend reason and start believing things because they sound interesting then you'll never get anywhere near the truth.

Government conspiracies are nigh on impossible to cover up. The larger they are, the harder they are to contain. Something like you allege would have involved at least tens of thousands of people. Yet apparently only one of them spoke out and that doesn't fill you with the slightest bit of scepticism that no other soviet dissident has corroborated his story.

Every time you've been challenged you've relied on logical fallacies and a claim to supreme intelligence- that other people are too brainwashed to see what you and hand full of others can see. Clearly this whole thing is coming from a place of ego.

If you took that same attitude towards your health you would be cooking in corn oil and taking fish oil pills as the majority of “credentialed experts” say that this is healthy.

I stopped eating corn oil and eating fish pills because somebody provided evidence they were harmful. Not because somebody on youtube said they were.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals