- Dec 8, 2016
I dont see any evidence that Trump is anything but a Globablist masquerading as a populist. He gives us the illusion of electoral diversity. So far all he has done is made a lot of speeches and promises and has failed to carry out any of them.Ray Peat: I think much of the outrage concerning Trump’s election is driven by his clear opposition to war with Russia, and his protectionist opposition to “globalization.” Those issues are essential for the ruling class, so everything will be done to interfere with any attempt Trump makes to change the empire’s course.
- We still have Obamacare even though the Republicans control both houses
- We still have open borders and catch and release. no wall. conceded on DACA and got nothing in return
- Border agents are still running inland immigration checks far from the border that are worthless as opposed to actually trying to stop aliens crossing at the border
- We still have Common Core
- We are still in NAFTA and every other trade deal trump complained about, and recently Trump said he may rejoin TPP
- We are still very much involved in the Middle East and arming the Jihadis while trying to destabilize more regime
-signed a record breaking budget that is loaded with more Government spending
Trump is just a temporary distraction from years of Obama and Bush moving us towards more socialism. I think he is purposely acting the fool and an object of derision so that the next couple of elections will sweep in a more openly Socialist/Globalist movement.
Its all a show.