Donald Trump

Ahanu

Did you mean they wouldn't be laughing if the other candidate became the POTUS? And if they did, would they be labeled misogynists and sexists? As the world turns...
Yes i think they got lucky and are happy with the outcome so far. A chaotic Leader, incompetent Team, without a plan and impulsive behavior..

yerrag

Yes i think they got lucky and are happy with the outcome so far. A chaotic Leader, incompetent Team, without a plan and impulsive behavior..
But change doesn't come easy. Whereas with the same ol' same ol' it would be stress-free.

But I think there is mischaracterization on your part. The leader cannot be chaotic, but the situation can be, especially if there are many holdovers that are resisting the new direction of the administration. At the very least, there is the inertia of the way things used to be. At the worst, it is the holdover elements in the administration that are subverting the new administration. In what way has the team been incompetent? Obamacare not repealed? Or is the slow pace of the changeover being described by the (NYT and the WaPo, and CNN et al aka mainstream media) as ineptness, rather than the effect of expected resistance by not only the party that lost, but by the establishment wing of the winning party?

Ditto with "without a plan" and "impulsive behavior."

Clinton would not be facing so much resistance because the establishment would be opening doors for her all the way. In contrast, Trump is seeing his efforts being undermined every step of the way - by the "establishment," not just the Democratic Party.

Trump threatens the way things have always been done that has made politics devolve into the sham it is today. See how the US has devolved from in stature from having a strong currency after the second world war, into a nation that is mired in debt, and whose worth is based on a fictitious and subjective valuing of the dollar by the Federal Reserve and the world banking system. In contrast, see how China has grown from practically the ashes of the communist overthrow of the nationalists, with little hard currency to begin with, into the largest lender to the beleaguered and indebted US. Through all this, US politics continue to rob its citizens of its patrimony. The lobbying system has made the entire country for sale to the highest bidder. The way politics has been working, it is making the country decay. Look at the roads, the bridges, the drinking water system. We can't even afford one high-speed train, whereas China is building one after another. Look at our airports, again another eyesore.

thomas00

In what way has the team been incompetent?

Apologies for answering a question that wasn't addressed to me, but-

-he hasn't nominated all his staff whereas his predecessors had by now
-he read a security briefing with the light of an iphone (major security no no)
-he appointed a member of Hungarian neo-nazi order as a counterterrorism adviser
-his travel ban cost the tourism industry billions

The last two energy secretaries were renowned scientists, one with a Nobel prize, while Trump appointed Rick Perry — who once couldn’t remember the department’s name.

He picked Omarosa Manigault, who starred with him on “The Apprentice” and has a record of inflating her résumé, to be assistant to the president.

And the Trump team installed as a minder in the Labor Department a former campaign worker who graduated from high school in 2015, according to ProPublica.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/opinion/sunday/trumps-triumph-of-incompetence.html?_r=0

Let’s run through some of the other highlights of the Trump cabinet and cabinet-level appointees:

Tom Price, Secretary of Health and Human Services: Rep. Price, a doctor who has taken a particular interest in legislating on health care, has a habit of trading in health care stocks that are affected by the legislation he writes

Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education: DeVos, a billionaire Republican donor, has spent much of her adult life attempting to destroy public education in America. Despite that work, at her confirmation hearing she displayed a shocking ignorance of basic issues in education policy, though she did opine that schools should be able to have guns in them to ward off grizzly bear attacks

Opinion | Donald Trump has assembled the worst Cabinet in American history

yerrag

-he appointed a member of Hungarian neo-nazi order as a counterterrorism adviser

The last two energy secretaries were renowned scientists, one with a Nobel prize, while Trump appointed Rick Perry — who once couldn’t remember the department’s name.

He picked Omarosa Manigault, who starred with him on “The Apprentice” and has a record of inflating her résumé, to be assistant to the president.

And the Trump team installed as a minder in the Labor Department a former campaign worker who graduated from high school in 2015, according to ProPublica.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/opinion/sunday/trumps-triumph-of-incompetence.html?_r=0

Let’s run through some of the other highlights of the Trump cabinet and cabinet-level appointees:

Tom Price, Secretary of Health and Human Services: Rep. Price, a doctor who has taken a particular interest in legislating on health care, has a habit of trading in health care stocks that are affected by the legislation he writes

Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education: DeVos, a billionaire Republican donor, has spent much of her adult life attempting to destroy public education in America. Despite that work, at her confirmation hearing she displayed a shocking ignorance of basic issues in education policy, though she did opine that schools should be able to have guns in them to ward off grizzly bear attacks

No need for apologies.

Trump hasn't nominated all his staff? By this are you referring to cabinet secretaries or simply White House staff? If it's about having his cabinet nominations confirmed, then it isn't all dependent on his competence but by the political nature of confirmations. That Trump faces resistance from both Republicans and Democrats doesn't help speed the confirmation process.

Reading security briefing with the light of an iPhone - agreed

Appointing a member of a Hungarian neo-Nazi order as anti-terrorism adviser - not true. He wore a medal of that order in memory of his father, who was honored for his fight against the communist regime
Donald Trump aide Sebastian Gorka denies claims he was sworn member of Hungarian group with Nazi past
This is classic guilt by association, a dirty tactic

His travel ban cost the tourism industry billions- all travel bans will cost the tourism industry billions

Energy secretary - since when did an energy secretary need to be a scientist nor a Nobel Prize winner? Rick Perry was a governor of Texas from 2000 to 2015. This experience disqualifies him obviously.

Omarosa Manigault - has a rather interesting resume. I don't think that her experience detracts from her qualifications as a member of Trump's staff. She may have a bigger than life personality, but that's probably why Trump gets along with her. What aspect of hiring her makes him incompetent?

Minder -he graduated from high school in 2015. What does a minder do that makes a recent high school graduate unqualified?

Tom Price - I can't defend him

Betsy deVos - public education is a failure. Betsy deVos favors a voucher system, and a voucher system gives parents choice and gives public education some competition. With no competition, the public education system can only provide substandard education - at the expense of the children, with parents having no choice where to have their childeren educated. Al Franken quizzed Betsy on a matter of terminology. This is almost like someone being new to a company and being talked to with company-specific acronyms, and being required to understand them. Give me a break. Franken is a trickster during these hearings, employing word and mind games with nominees. The media then spins the story as Betsy lacking an understanding of education policy. Bad media. No, rotten.

Ahanu

Al Franken quizzed Betsy on a matter of terminology. This is almost like someone being new to a company and being talked to with company-specific acronyms, and being required to understand them. Give me a break
Please watch the Hearing. It is on you Tube. She was/is realy incopetent. The only reason she got the job was Money!

sladerunner69

I'm going to disagree with all of your points here, you sound like another liberal globalist who can't get over being so wrong about the election and approaching the realization that the establishment was chalk full of bs and corruption ( and likely pedophelia).

-He is having difficulty nominating his staff because Democrats are being the childish criminals they had been revealed to be over the election and not confirming his appointees along with the many RINO republicans. The same idiots blocked the slight obamacare cuts.

-You have no idea what kind of security software his iphone has or what kind of document that was, this point is shallow, lazy and shamelessly overblown (and you prioritized it second on your list!)

-The clowns on the left call anybody they want to a "neo-nazi", especially small-government pro-rights libertarians. This is a result of their fear of facing logic, reason and facts- something the left has never been particularly keen on, they would rather call their opponents "racist, sexist, nazi" etc the fact you are actually repeating this point has demeaned your argument beyond further consideration but I will continue

-Let us see a reputable source on the travel ban costing tourism "billions", not many people from the terrorist states are wealthy enough to travel for leisure and the potential attacks that would be prevented more than make up for the negligible financial loss. Further according to Pew Research we import immigrants from these countries and actually subsidize their incomes and housing, which costs US taxpayers $35 billion per year!!

-You are on RayPeat.com and you have faith in the "Nobel Peace Prize"?? That sham is entirely political. Obama won the Nobel within weeks of taking office, and he had almost no history to speak of besides being a community organizer in crime ridden Chicago. The Nobel prize serves to legitimize a corrupt and hostile establishment- as a rpf member I would expect you to understand this. Perhaps I should give up on you.

-Nobody who has ever turned in a resume has not been fuilty of inflating it- the degree is what matters and the details provided are sparse. Meanwhile we can look at people like Obama who has altogether lied about where he was born, his parents names, and Clinton who lies on a dime when it comes to recalling well recorded events like the nuclear deal, the pedophelia case, her husband's affairs, the server, benghazi, the list continues (and her idiot followers don't even bother to check her lies)

-More Betsy Devoes hate? Do you understand that the vast majority of evidence out there proves that public schools are incompetent and charter schools are resoundingly successful? Wait you are a liberal-research begets you, just baselessly claim that she wants to "Destroy public education"

Ahanu

In what way has the team been incompetent?
Start with the Muslim ban, a Fiasko. Then the new healthcareact. A desaster that not even his own party could Support.

Ahanu

And now Russia sends a warship to syria.

Ahanu

China is coming and it will take the US's place sooner than later and Trump is just likely not a good choice to Deal with that.

Let's speculate:

1) The Syrian sky is now under total Russian control.

2) American missiles cost in total 98 million dollars, if we had to suppose they were old and had to be destroyed, that procedure would have cost three times as much. Not lastly, new ones will have to be built to take their place.

3) Russia's and China's declaring that this was an attack against a sovereign state in violation of international law will inevitably bring to a serious investigation regarding the motives behind it - the use of chemical weapons.

4) The results of such investigations will let the truth emerge, i.e. that terrorists have used them with the support of United States secret services, and not Assad.

5) This last item will be a more than valid excuse for Trump, who will find himself free to clean up the head positions of the CIA. Far from a third world war, rather a strategically coordinated action very likely set up in advance between the two main actors

4D chess :ss2

lampofred

Dr. Peat would say rigidity/excessive planning is a sign of a low-functioning individual and that flexibility/openness to change is a sign of the opposite.

I actually hate Trump overall, but with regard to Syria, it's time a world leader had some balls.

lampofred

Please watch the Hearing. It is on you Tube. She was/is realy incopetent. The only reason she got the job was Money!

Extremely incompetent. The average person wouldn't have gotten even an entry-level job with an interview like that.

Atman

If Trump lets the situation further escalate to yet another war for Israel, he has proven himself to be a farce.
It's getting interesting.

Simonsays

Its unraveling faster than he can impulsively tweet nonsense . Let me know when Obamacare repealed and replaced, NATO reformed, the swamp drained, the wall built or the....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

zztr

The apologists need to get real. I was excited for Trump. We have clearly got Bush III instead. He either lied through his teeth for the last two years or they're threatening to torture and murder his grandchildren, but either way I frankly don't much care.

zztr

with regard to Syria, it's time a world leader had some balls.

I agree. In cooperation with the Russians the USA should offer intel support and possibly even logistics so that the rightful legal ruler of Syria, Bashar Assad, can restore peace and integrity. The terrorists could be cleared out in a couple weeks.

yerrag

The apologists need to get real. I was excited for Trump. We have clearly got Bush III instead. He either lied through his teeth for the last two years or they're threatening to torture and murder his grandchildren, but either way I frankly don't much care.
You equating Trump to GWBush or lumping him with the father and son?

Bush I sent the wrong message to Saddam by equivocating, and emboldened Saddam and the first Iraq War occurred.

Bush II listened to lying bastards such as Chalabi, as well as ideologues such as Wolfowitz, and got failures like Bremerton to rebuild, and went about learning like kindergarten children as events unfolded, lost allies, lost control, created a vacuum of power, and radical Islamists grew powerful. A case of doing a lot but creating more problems than if he did nothing.

Obama allowed the Iraq situation to escalate and the contagion spread to Libya and Syria, a case of doing nothing by going the other extreme and doing nothing.

It's really too early to judge Trump. You probably need to switch channels or you will keep getting inundated by a press with an agenda to magnify mistakes and overlook laudable actions and policies.

Be steady as our president rights the ship. Plenty of ballast and kibbitizers and naysayers to deal with. All wishing him to fail instead of giving him Godspeed.

thomas00

No need for apologies.

Trump hasn't nominated all his staff? By this are you referring to cabinet secretaries or simply White House staff? If it's about having his cabinet nominations confirmed, then it isn't all dependent on his competence but by the political nature of confirmations. That Trump faces resistance from both Republicans and Democrats doesn't help speed the confirmation process.

I was referring to the wider government, apparently there are 700+ positions any president has to nominate and he hasn't done that yet.

Appointing a member of a Hungarian neo-Nazi order as anti-terrorism adviser - not true. He wore a medal of that order in memory of his father, who was honored for his fight against the communist regime
Donald Trump aide Sebastian Gorka denies claims he was sworn member of Hungarian group with Nazi past
This is classic guilt by association, a dirty tactic

All we have to go on that this group wasn't Nazi is his denial, but it's pretty clear what the US thought:

The US government designated the order as an organisation “under Nazi control” during the Second World War, when Hungary’s nationalist leader Miklos Horthy allied with Adolf Hitler and collaborated in the murder of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

His travel ban cost the tourism industry billions- all travel bans will cost the tourism industry billions

Some bans are politically token and arbritary though, rather than necessary. I think the 'muslim ban' fell into that category.

thomas00

I'm going to disagree with all of your points here, you sound like another liberal globalist who can't get over being so wrong about the election and approaching the realization that the establishment was chalk full of bs and corruption ( and likely pedophelia).

'likely'

got any evidence to support that?

I wonder how many more establishment hacks Trump has to appoint before his supporters give up on his anti-establishment credentials.

-He is having difficulty nominating his staff because Democrats are being the childish criminals they had been revealed to be over the election and not confirming his appointees along with the many RINO republicans. The same idiots blocked the slight obamacare cuts.

He has to nominate them before they're approved. He hasn't done that.

-You have no idea what kind of security software his iphone has or what kind of document that was, this point is shallow, lazy and shamelessly overblown (and you prioritized it second on your list!)

Apparently he was using an android device in that instance. A very old one that hasn't received security updates. He didn't deny that he was using a consumer grade phone and wouldn't answer any questions on it. And his aids were providing light from their phones too.

...security will depend on how the president is using the device—whether it is exclusively for tweeting—and if it is plugged into an enterprise management system that can "wall off" vulnerabilities.

Nicholas Weaver, a researcher at the California-based International Computer Science Institute, said Trump's phone swap "massively reduces, but does not completely eliminate, the security risks."

...."If it's a single-purpose device, the risk is minimal," he said. "But as soon as you start clicking on things, downloading apps, granting access, that's when things matter tremendously."

Dickson said that even with strong security, the president could fall victim to an attack if he uses his phone for email and web browsing
There was a reason that Obama was given a blackberry that had no apps, no camera and only a handful of numbers on it. Modern consumer phones are impossible to secure 100%.

-The clowns on the left call anybody they want to a "neo-nazi", especially small-government pro-rights libertarians. This is a result of their fear of facing logic, reason and facts- something the left has never been particularly keen on, they would rather call their opponents "racist, sexist, nazi" etc the fact you are actually repeating this point has demeaned your argument beyond further consideration but I will continue

Yea, but it wasn't the 'clowns on the left'. It was the US government who considered this particular group aligned with the Nazi party and this individual continued to be a member of it.

Acting like it was nothing more than a smear by political opponents shows an inability to handle facts (which is why you didn't contest them), or an outright ignorance of them.

If it was Obama who appointed this guy would you have the same attitude?

-Let us see a reputable source on the travel ban costing tourism "billions", not many people from the terrorist states are wealthy enough to travel for leisure and the potential attacks that would be prevented more than make up for the negligible financial loss. Further according to Pew Research we import immigrants from these countries and actually subsidize their incomes and housing, which costs US taxpayers $35 billion per year!!

Trump's travel ban could cost $18 billion in US tourism, analysis shows

-You are on RayPeat.com and you have faith in the "Nobel Peace Prize"?? That sham is entirely political. Obama won the Nobel within weeks of taking office, and he had almost no history to speak of besides being a community organizer in crime ridden Chicago. The Nobel prize serves to legitimize a corrupt and hostile establishment- as a rpf member I would expect you to understand this. Perhaps I should give up on you.

I didn't realise there was criteria for admission to the group. Hopefully I won't get excommunicated.

I don't care about the Nobel. The significance is in the fact they were scientists and not religious maniacs.

-Nobody who has ever turned in a resume has not been fuilty of inflating it- the degree is what matters and the details provided are sparse. Meanwhile we can look at people like Obama who has altogether lied about where he was born, his parents names, and Clinton who lies on a dime when it comes to recalling well recorded events like the nuclear deal, the pedophelia case, her husband's affairs, the server, benghazi, the list continues (and her idiot followers don't even bother to check her lies)

The 'everybody does it' defence of ineptitude and total lack of qualifications....

And you're a birther.

-More Betsy Devoes hate? Do you understand that the vast majority of evidence out there proves that public schools are incompetent and charter schools are resoundingly successful? Wait you are a liberal-research begets you, just baselessly claim that she wants to "Destroy public education"

Looks like the research says these vaunted charter schools aren't really that great

A new report released today by the Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO) at Stanford University found that reading and math gains for charter school students in Pennsylvania were significantly below their traditional public school peers

And are rife with corruption but are a fantastic investment opportunity for the business community.

A dozen problems with charter schools

As for the 'baseless claim'- it looks pretty well based.

These schools have taken money from traditional public schools because they have been designated as public schools. Most of our schools have been closed due to parents not having a true public school in their neighborhood. Detroit Emergency Managers have closed two-thirds of schools. The enrollment has decreased from almost 180,000 students to less than 50,000 students since the state takeover of our public schools.
Just the private sector hoovering up public money.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals