DHT Is The Primary Driver Of Male Sexual Activity And Is Crucial For Male Orgasm

Elephanto

HYPER-thyroidism causes elevated levels of 5-AR derived androgens like DHT. Hyperthyroid people are known to almost never go bald, even well into their 80s. If DHT was the cause, it would have manifested itself in that population. But I fully agree with you that it is long overdue to have an actual trial with DHT. However, I am pretty sure it would be deemed unethical and thus won't happen in the USA at least.
Balding is undeniably linked to adrenal hyperactivity, and while this may result in local excess of DHT from the surge in DHEA produced by the adrenals, to blame DHT without taking the account the systemically elevated prolactin, cortisol, estrogen, serotonin, and histamine is cherry-picking. So, the currently correct statement would be that DHT is one among MANY of the steroids found elevated in bald people and DHT itself is actually only elevated in a small sub-population of the balding people. People with high DHT and T but normal DHEA, cortisol, prolactin, etc do NOT go bald. High serum T and DHT are symptoms of good testicular function and thus good metabolism. When the adrenals kick into overdrive to compensate for the low metabolism that is when things go bad.
Hypothyroidism (Cortisol, Prolactin And Adrenal Hyperactivity) Causes Balding
Effects of thyroid hormone on steroid metabolism

Excellent post. I don't think low metabolism is a main reason why adrenals kick in the way they do though, because obese people bald even less in general and even some diabetics have perfect hair throughout their lives (they basically are the definition of low metabolism), schizophrenics (low brain metabolism?), celebrity hypothyroid people like Ronaldo, and there's a lot of super-athletic, muscle freak people, or skinny guys that go bald yet they probably don't have a problem with metabolism. Estrogen, histamine, glutamic acid etc when elevated seem to be the main reasons adrenals kick in much higher. Can also be from someone's mentality or traumatisms where his adrenal response to stresses is much greater than other people, I think this part is important because even if some things aren't right in your body, you can still mindfully limit or promote adrenaline a lot.

Dante

@haidut , you once said in your post that DHT promotes leg hair , arm hair and facial hair while estrogen driven adrenal steroids promote hair in chest , back, ears etc. I have not found a study regarding this. Did Ray convey this to you or did you come across some russian/eastern european research about this?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , you once said in your post that DHT promotes leg hair , arm hair and facial hair while estrogen driven adrenal steroids promote hair in chest , back, ears etc. I have not found a study regarding this. Did Ray convey this to you or did you come across some russian/eastern european research about this?

Hirsutism due to adrenal hyperplasia in males is driven by DHEA and this is the pattern of hair it causes - chest, back, shoulders, neck, ears, etc. Varicosity of veins is also a common feature. It was found that giving aromatase inhibitor to these patients eliminated that pattern hirsutism and relieved varicose veins, so we know it is DHEA conversion into estrogen that was primary cause. I can't the study now but I think the aromatase inhibitor used was some kind of 5-AR derived androgen as the study was old and back the day the only aromatase inhibitors they had were the 5-AR androgens like DHT. Which is even better, as it shows DHT is not involvedin excessive body hair on the trunk but only extremities like legs and face.
If I find the study I'll post here but you can find newer studies on PubMed about central (trunk) hirsutism and DHEA/estrogen levels.

TubZy

Actually T3 is a genuine aromatase inhibitor and dramatically upregulates production of androgens, and especially the strong 5-alpha reduced androgens like DHT. So, not sure why the bodybuilding forums talk about T3 in a bad light. I posted a thread on the effects of thyroid hormone on steroid metabolism, and that study confirms the knowledge from 50-60 years ago - i.e. thyroid hormone lowers estrogens and increases androgens.
Effects of thyroid hormone on steroid metabolism

This golden man. Never knew this. I will try out Tyronene in combo with androsterone, 11 keto dht, and pansterone.

Jsaute21

What are some collective experiences on pansterone and androsterone? Are these full on pro hormones?

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Hirsutism due to adrenal hyperplasia in males is driven by DHEA and this is the pattern of hair it causes - chest, back, shoulders, neck, ears, etc. Varicosity of veins is also a common feature. It was found that giving aromatase inhibitor to these patients eliminated that pattern hirsutism and relieved varicose veins, so we know it is DHEA conversion into estrogen that was primary cause. I can't the study now but I think the aromatase inhibitor used was some kind of 5-AR derived androgen as the study was old and back the day the only aromatase inhibitors they had were the 5-AR androgens like DHT. Which is even better, as it shows DHT is not involvedin excessive body hair on the trunk but only extremities like legs and face.
If I find the study I'll post here but you can find newer studies on PubMed about central (trunk) hirsutism and DHEA/estrogen levels.

This is super interesting, as I have very light/fine hair (always have, despite being of a "hairy ethnicity") on my extremeties, but super hairy (always since a kid) neck back chest torso face. I've been taking 11-keto-DHT with pansterone, then androsterone (as mentioned in other threads) for almost a month now, but have not seen any increase in thigh lower leg or forearm hair growth, which would be nice. Wonder what that would mean?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is super interesting, as I have very light/fine hair (always have, despite being of a "hairy ethnicity") on my extremeties, but super hairy (always since a kid) neck back chest torso face. I've been taking 11-keto-DHT with pansterone, then androsterone (as mentioned in other threads) for almost a month now, but have not seen any increase in thigh lower leg or forearm hair growth, which would be nice. Wonder what that would mean?

Maybe still low circulating androgens, even though specific tissues may be replete by now. I would try applying directly on the legs or even scrotum (which increases systemic androgens).

skycop00

On a side note, I use 4 drops pansterone and 3mg of DHT or Androsterone (total 3mg) ....ON my testicles and my libido jumps like a race horse. Very predictable and reliable.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Maybe still low circulating androgens, even though specific tissues may be replete by now. I would try applying directly on the legs or even scrotum (which increases systemic androgens).

Will try legs perhaps, but yeah, have been applying all three (pansterone, ando, 11-keto) on scrotum as well, about half the daily dose (other half on forearms or flanks). Would andosterone or 11-keto-DHT be superior for the purpose of hair growth on extremities. Been on TRT for a number of years, variously with just adjunctive pregnenolone at times, but never saw much improvement on extremity hair, so feel like there is some enzyme conversion issue downstream despite having high T at times reducing ability of DHT or other steriods to form. MIght still be a problem even with 11-keto and andosterone? Wonder how one could determine (23andme?)

satsumass

Forum Supporter
On a side note, I use 4 drops pansterone and 3mg of DHT or Androsterone (total 3mg) ....ON my testicles and my libido jumps like a race horse. Very predictable and reliable.

I've had various responses to scrotal administration that are hard to parse. Sometimes get immediate good results, sometimes feels like it kills libido and causes shrinkage. Maybe i'm using too much....I use that amount probably twice a day, but am also on TRT (so shut down)

skycop00

I've had various responses to scrotal administration that are hard to parse. Sometimes get immediate good results, sometimes feels like it kills libido and causes shrinkage. Maybe i'm using too much....I use that amount probably twice a day, but am also on TRT (so shut down)
I am on TRT as well. 70mg cypionate 2x per week. I don't use HCG anymore nor arimidex. I use ESTROBAN and aspirin for the AIs. I have some shrinkage but not much. I would consider hcg maybe 1- 2 times a year if aesthetics become an issue, but no worries so far

Wagner83

This is interesting, my estrogens are not overblown but I have a varicocele and there's a history of varicosed veins in the family which maybe is contributing to current ED problems. DHT is on the low side too.

LeeLemonoil

Oh . I thought it was gender dependent atleast in humans ( masculinizes women and feminizes men)

Though this is just a dissertation
http://dspace.library.colostate.edu..._items/csu01_storage/2012/03/01/file_1/123369

Quoting some of the contents.

"DHT appears to be protective against cerebrovascular inflammation via conversion to 3β-diol and subsequent activation of ERβ in human brain VSM cells.
DHT metabolite/ERβ selective agonist 3β-diol also decreased cytokine-induced COX-2 expression in human brain VSM cells. Furthermore, DHT’s ability to reduce cytokine-induced COX-2 expression in human brain VSM cells was inhibited by the non-selective estrogen receptor antagonist ICI 182,780 and the selective ERβ antagonist PHTPP".

"DHT‘s anti-inflammatory effects during cytokine or HGD-induced inflammation in human brain VSM cells were not blocked by the AR antagonist iv bicalutamide, indicating that they were not AR mediated."

If these are AR mediated instead of ER-β, then this lady is committing a fraud but then again Ray has pointed to a lot of frauds in the past century. I will see if non-US studies come to same conclusion.

Not necessarily fraud. DHT is also a strong agonist of some specific olfactory receptors (ORs) that exist in various tissues, including some cancers where DTH mediated OR activaton actualy inhibits proliferation (DHT being anti-cancer) - The link you provided does not work so I can't read those receptors are mentionend in her Diss and a hypothesis of them existing in brain tissue. But maybe she is not aware of this mechanism of DHT entirely.

LeeLemonoil

The studies that the articles refers to are mostly outdated or are animal only.
Nevertheless, this high quality study:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...ncer_Cells/links/5649b0f808aef646e6d2c6f7.pdf

indicates that ß-Ionones are similar in structure as DHT and can act as a ligand and agonist on receptors that DHT activates as well.
Would be interesting to test if ß-Ionone, inhaled, provides some of the purported effects of DHT on the nervous system. ß-Ionone, being an aromchemical, is very volatile, fat-soluble and should easily reach the brain.

Risingfire

@haidut I'm interested in trying DHT and T3 on my scalp for hair regrowth. Do you think it matters if I use androsterone or 11 Keto? And do you think the time of day will influence my results?

aquaman

My orgasms have been stronger/more intense since using DHT/androsterone from Haidut.

No effect on other strength/fat/water retention.

Wagner83

That's rather weak but still an improvement, how long have you been using it and what dose?

dand

I had always suspected that hair on shoulders, back, etc was some symptom of a stress response but never saw it confirmed. No real way to reverse the hair growth though is there ?

TubZy

@haidut I'm interested in trying DHT and T3 on my scalp for hair regrowth. Do you think it matters if I use androsterone or 11 Keto? And do you think the time of day will influence my results?

I think some people used pansteone/preg/dhea etc. on their gonads and got scalp hair regrowth

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals