Estrogens cause obesity / PCOS in women, DHT is protective

So basically you're never going to trust Ray Peat's takes on women health (since he'll never be a woman)?

I think the fact that he's had thousands of direct interactions with women and their health issues over the years, is extremely valid. It's not like he's lying.

And it's not about stripping away all estrogen to zero. It has crucial biological functions. Rather, it's about raising the P4:E2 ratio. For the women in my life, it's been extremely therapeutic.
I have so much respect for Ray Peat and all of his work. I just do not agree with his love for mega progesterone and I have been Peaty for a long long time.

P

Peatness

Dr Peat must be the most misunderstood man in history. This statement is deliberately provocative but the sentiment stands. Dr Peat is clear about his reasoning on hormones, his interviews and articles attest to that. Interpretations are so varied that it becomes impossible to decipher fact from fiction.

mrchibbs

I have so much respect for Ray Peat and all of his work. I just do not agree with his love for mega progesterone and I have been Peaty for a long long time.

It's fine, nobody has to agree with everything.

Inaut

did you change your name and profile @danishhippie?

I used to be danishispsychic on here - now i have a new username . i left for a while and now im back !

mrchibbs

mamakitty

I lost my ovaries in March and I am using progesterone cream and taking pregnenolone instead of estrogen. Also I take aspirin, vitamin D, and Vitamin K2. It is going OK. I expected worse. I do get hot flashes, but that could be because I am not using enough progesterone. I want to try DHEA after reading this. I have lost 80 pounds but I still have about 40 pounds left to lose. If it works well for me I will be sure to tell you folks about it.
How did you lose your ovaries?

Sugartits

They became giant cysts and I had to have them removed. It seems I have a mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

I am thinking of dropping the pregnenolone now because my body seems to be turning it into androgens. There is an unpleasant chin hair situation. I am starting Vitex, and if that doesn't help, I will have to give spironolactone a try.

Also my weight is going the opposite of down now. I guess with menopause this is what you get. I am open to advice!

mamakitty

They became giant cysts and I had to have them removed. It seems I have a mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

I am thinking of dropping the pregnenolone now because my body seems to be turning it into androgens. There is an unpleasant chin hair situation. I am starting Vitex, and if that doesn't help, I will have to give spironolactone a try.

Also my weight is going the opposite of down now. I guess with menopause this is what you get. I am open to advice!
Oh I’m sorry to hear that!

I don’t have much advice to give, I’m afraid, but I have read spearmint tea helps with excess androgens in women. I also have some hair issues that correspond with pcos but my doctor doesn’t think I have it because my blood showed very very low testosterone somehow. I used to do inasitol which I’m starting again but I don’t know if it will be helpful in your case.
For weightloss, I really cannot help because I’m struggling myself :(
The last time I had success losing weight was on low carb. The only time I lost weight on low fat was in my late teens. And as you know in one’s youth, literally anything can work!

mrchibbs

Acne, cysts and hirsutism are classical signs of ovarian insufficiency. Things which have been known to mediate these symptoms are vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and b6.

Sugartits

Thank you both! I am heading out today to buy supplements!

My congenital adrenal hyperplasia is caused by something called CAH-X, which is damage to two genes, TNXB and CYP21a2, which are both located on the RCCX cluster of DNA. Sometimes when one gene deletes or mutates it can take the adjacent genes in the sequence along with it. It is supposedly rare, but I think it is only underdiagnosed. I am still learning about it. When I know more maybe I will post something about it! Bless you dears.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals