DHT restores anabolism / vitality / sexuality even in 90+ y.o. males

haidut

Forum Supporter
A great study, a true blast from the (better) past, when androgenic steroids and especially DHT were not considered the devil reincarnate, but were commonly used for all types of ailments, including the broad physiological and psychological symptoms of aging such as sarcopenia (muscle loss), osteoporosis, senility, apathy/depression, and even sexual function. The study demonstrates that daily treatment with 25mg DHT (a.k.a Stanolone) was able to reverse most of these aging symptoms in a group of males with average age of 77+ years, and containing two subjects aged 83 and 93 years. Anybody who has met 90+ year-old (or even 80+ year-old) people is quite aware that such people have great difficulty moving, are often of poor mood and rarely have an interest in doing anything challenging/exciting - no doubt a result of their poor metabolic/energetic status and generalized frailty. Above all, such people are almost universally quite apathetic to the opposite sex and specifically to sexual activity. As the study demonstrates, DHT treatment not only greatly improved the muscle/bone/mood health but was able to reverse the "neuter attitude" quite common among such elderly males. If 25mg DHT daily can make 80-90 year-old males chase female nurses all day long, and get into fights out of jealousy - apparently, a medically-recognized sign of rejuvenation :): - then the anti-aging industry is probably doomed as the humble DHT may have already solved their problem. Yes, that same DHT, which medicine tells us will make us bald, cancerous, and raging lunatics. Hhhmm, actually that last description fits quite well most male doctors I have met:):...and, of course, they do everything in their power to lower their endogenous DHT :):

Metabolism in the aged: the effect of stanolone on the retention of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium and on the urinary excretion of 17-keto, 11-oxy, and 17-hydroxy steroids in eight elderly men on high and low protein diets - PubMed
"...The stanolone used was suspended as microcrystals in a concentration of 50 mg./ml. sterile distilled water containing sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (0.1%) as a suspending agent, thimerosal (0.01%) as a preservative, and sodium chloride (0.9%). The steroid was administered intramuscularly in doses of 50 mg. on alternate days....A late result of hormone therapy was the change in mental attitude of the subjects. Joviality increased; testimonials of well-being were volunteered; generalized euphoria seemed to seize some; interest in the female sex was frequently expressed; evidences of jealousy over favors rendered by the female nursing staff developed, and a decided change from the customary neuter attitude of the patients toward the nurses became apparent."
"...The metabolic balance data indicate that stanolone is able to cause retention of the pro- toplasmic constituents of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus in men past 70 over and above the retention achieved by an adequate diet high in protein. When an isocaloric low protein diet was offered to the same indi- viduals, androgen therapy also resulted in re- tention of nitrogen, potassium, and phos- phorus, but to a quantitatively less extent than on the high protein regimen. Calcium retention was not produced by the hormone on either regimen. Data on urinary steroids revealed a significant increase in 17-keto- steroid excretion but no other changes. Side effects induced by the androgen used were primarily those of pain at the injection site, fluid retention, and increase in euphoria and libido."

Nebula

It’s interesting they chose intramuscular injection for the DHT. Topical DHT seems to get unreliable results for many and lowers endogenous testosterone too much. What method of administration are you using in your rat studies? Is it possible it gets metabolized differently when injected into muscles?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It’s interesting they chose intramuscular injection for the DHT. Topical DHT seems to get unreliable results for many and lowers endogenous testosterone too much. What method of administration are you using in your rat studies? Is it possible it gets metabolized differently when injected into muscles?

Oral administration dissolved in tocopherol and oil seems to work quite well, similar to other steroids dissolved in the same mixture (e.g. Peat's Progest-E). Also, for humans, dissolving in alcohol/oil and applying to the navel also seems to have very high absorption.

For the rat studies in Taiwan/Bulgaria we are using the oral route in tocopherol/oil and have already confirmed with blood tests that absorption is quite good.

Oh, and on the study itself - they used thimerosal as preservative, which is not only toxic but blunts the effects of androgens. So, the effects would probably be much better with plain DHT dissolved in a safe solvent as mentioned above and as such much lower doses could achieve the same results.

Any problem dissolving it in alcohol and taking it orally? Would it be any worse than oil/vitamin E?

Are those the studies that you ran in Bulgaria?

T

TheBeard

I'm due to receive a big shipment of:

- Masteron raw powder
- Proviron raw powder
- Stanolone raw powder

Will be experimenting transdermally and orally with each and then with the combination of all three.

I expect this experiment to last at least 6 weeks to note and report the effects of each.

I will debrief on a separate thread to give my impressions.

Razvan

- Masteron raw powder
- Proviron raw powder
- Stanolone raw powder

Will be experimenting transdermally and orally with each and then with the combination of all three.

I expect this experiment to last at least 6 weeks to note and report the effects of each.

Excited for this.

Elie

Forum Supporter
A great study, a true blast from the (better) past, when androgenic steroids and especially DHT were not considered the devil reincarnate, but were commonly used for all types of ailments, including the broad physiological and psychological symptoms of aging such as sarcopenia (muscle loss), osteoporosis, senility, apathy/depression, and even sexual function. The study demonstrates that daily treatment with 25mg DHT (a.k.a Stanolone) was able to reverse most of these aging symptoms in a group of males with average age of 77+ years, and containing two subjects aged 83 and 93 years. Anybody who has met 90+ year-old (or even 80+ year-old) people is quite aware that such people have great difficulty moving, are often of poor mood and rarely have an interest in doing anything challenging/exciting - no doubt a result of their poor metabolic/energetic status and generalized frailty. Above all, such people are almost universally quite apathetic to the opposite sex and specifically to sexual activity. As the study demonstrates, DHT treatment not only greatly improved the muscle/bone/mood health but was able to reverse the "neuter attitude" quite common among such elderly males. If 25mg DHT daily can make 80-90 year-old males chase female nurses all day long, and get into fights out of jealousy - apparently, a medically-recognized sign of rejuvenation :): - then the anti-aging industry is probably doomed as the humble DHT may have already solved their problem. Yes, that same DHT, which medicine tells us will make us bald, cancerous, and raging lunatics. Hhhmm, actually that last description fits quite well most male doctors I have met:):...and, of course, they do everything in their power to lower their endogenous DHT :):

Metabolism in the aged: the effect of stanolone on the retention of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium and on the urinary excretion of 17-keto, 11-oxy, and 17-hydroxy steroids in eight elderly men on high and low protein diets - PubMed
"...The stanolone used was suspended as microcrystals in a concentration of 50 mg./ml. sterile distilled water containing sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (0.1%) as a suspending agent, thimerosal (0.01%) as a preservative, and sodium chloride (0.9%). The steroid was administered intramuscularly in doses of 50 mg. on alternate days....A late result of hormone therapy was the change in mental attitude of the subjects. Joviality increased; testimonials of well-being were volunteered; generalized euphoria seemed to seize some; interest in the female sex was frequently expressed; evidences of jealousy over favors rendered by the female nursing staff developed, and a decided change from the customary neuter attitude of the patients toward the nurses became apparent."
"...The metabolic balance data indicate that stanolone is able to cause retention of the pro- toplasmic constituents of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus in men past 70 over and above the retention achieved by an adequate diet high in protein. When an isocaloric low protein diet was offered to the same indi- viduals, androgen therapy also resulted in re- tention of nitrogen, potassium, and phos- phorus, but to a quantitatively less extent than on the high protein regimen. Calcium retention was not produced by the hormone on either regimen. Data on urinary steroids revealed a significant increase in 17-keto- steroid excretion but no other changes. Side effects induced by the androgen used were primarily those of pain at the injection site, fluid retention, and increase in euphoria and libido."

Would this work for females just the same, or would high dose progesterone be the better option?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would this work for females just the same, or would high dose progesterone be the better option?

High dose progesterone with a little DHEA may be a safer option since such doses of DHT would be highly virilizing. DHEA in women converts preferentially into androgens (if taken in doses not higher than 10mg daily) as needed, so it should be a safer androgen source. In women with severe androgen deficiency and hypothyroidism or severe illness, some T/DHT may work better than DHEA but I would always combine it with a progesterone at least 3:1 ratio to control the potential for unwanted virilizing side effects.

Rick K

Good study save for the mercury in the mix.

Elie

Forum Supporter
High dose progesterone with a little DHEA may be a safer option since such doses of DHT would be highly virilizing. DHEA in women converts preferentially into androgens (if taken in doses not higher than 10mg daily) as needed, so it should be a safer androgen source. In women with severe androgen deficiency and hypothyroidism or severe illness, some T/DHT may work better than DHEA but I would always combine it with a progesterone at least 3:1 ratio to control the potential for unwanted virilizing side effects.
So, I would expect cortinon+ (1:8) to be the better option?
Do you have a straight DHT or T supp?

MrGilbert

Mercury? Explain.
The stanolone used was suspended as microcrystals in a concentration of 50 mg./ml. sterile distilled water containing sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (0.1%) as a suspending agent, thimerosal (0.01%) as a preservative, and sodium chloride (0.9%). The steroid was administered intramuscularly in doses of 50 mg.

Dennis

The stanolone used was suspended as microcrystals in a concentration of 50 mg./ml. sterile distilled water containing sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (0.1%) as a suspending agent, thimerosal (0.01%) as a preservative, and sodium chloride (0.9%). The steroid was administered intramuscularly in doses of 50 mg.
Thanks.

Rick K

Mercury? Explain.
This is the same poison that was in all vaccinations until just a few years ago when someone blew the whistle. Aluminum was always in the mix and still is today. These adjuvants are what cause neurological damage in infants and can result in autism. There is no safe level of mercury. My dentist told me just last year that my mercury amalgams were "the safe kind of mercury". Hopefully he can get at least a partial refund on his dentist school tuition. It's people like this who can vote and have children and perhaps have a job pushing an important button that cause me to wake up at night in a cold sweat.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, I would expect cortinon+ (1:8) to be the better option?
Do you have a straight DHT or T supp?
Both T and DHT are controlled chemicals, so we can't own/sell them. The CortiNon+ is a good option and a pregnenolone/DHEA combination may also work well. However, for a very old person (80+) like the ones in this study I think direct supplementation with T/DHT would be preferable, at least initially until their health/muscles recover, and then they can switch to the precursors regimen.

Unknownuser

Does 25mg oral Proviron work for this? I am already on TRT and taking dhea and pregnenolone and sometimes progesterone cream.

Sullytex

- Masteron raw powder
- Proviron raw powder
- Stanolone raw powder

Would you mind sharing source???

I can't seem to find oral Proviron anywhere anymore here in the Nanny States of 'Merica.