Cured my fatty liver and shrank it to normal size in under a year

Attakai

FaTDvvA.jpg

K6fhTN1.jpg

What I did:
Taurine 2 grams per meal. (+an additional 5 grams before drinking Alcohol)
Fasted from bed until 11AM(Had black coffee at 9am)( If I drank the night before I fasted until 1-4pm, whatever felt right)
Went from high carb to more of a balanced meal plan(Not "Peat" per say but still avoid most PUFA)
Dropped to about 2500 calories a day +-500, wasn't strict.
1-2 a month I went for a relatively intense 20 min run
Supplemented once a day: Methelyne Blue(2mg), Niacinamide(500mg) and Magnesium(Swanson Mellow Mag - 1 serving)

I stopped feeling a fullness in my right abdomen 3-4 months into this protocol, But my plan was to wait around a year before spending money another ultrasound.
I also still drank alcohol fairly heavily a couple days a week. Though I don't recommend this hah
Shoutout to @Hans I based a lot of this from his articles

OP
Attakai

Attakai

What foods have you been eating?
Lunch and Dinner is usually Lean protein(Chicken + Steak) plus variety of veggies with a good marinade or sauce, plus sometimes rice/potatoes or sweet potatoes
I'll have salmon and oysters once a week
On the weekends I'll have 6 eggs fried lightly in butter plus some toast for breakfast.
I'll still have candy/chocolate, chips and guac a couple times a week whenever in the mood.
Pretty simple standard "health" diet I would say. Everything is clean and organic.
I avoid PUFA(Besides Salmon and Oysters), beans, nuts, seeds or anything else I find hard to digest.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Great job! Thank you for sharing. :hattip

IVILA

Lunch and Dinner is usually Lean protein(Chicken + Steak) plus variety of veggies with a good marinade or sauce, plus sometimes rice/potatoes or sweet potatoes
On the weekends I'll have 6 eggs fried lightly in butter plus some toast for breakfast.
I'll still have candy/chocolate, chips and guac a couple times a week whenever in the mood.
Pretty simple standard "health" diet I would say. Everything is clean and organic.
I avoid PUFA(Besides Salmon and Oysters), beans, nuts, seeds or anything else I find hard to digest.
any specific fruits?

Glad to hear of your healing and thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Other cases in the forum of taurine helping with liver issues:

"With that aside my liver has improved to almost normal by liver enzymes and much less palpable liver by using 5-10k of glycine twice a day and 2-4 k of taurine twice a day B vitamins including biotin and folate. coffee and aspirin and phlebotomy(iron reduction). Ah yes and occasional charcoal."

"I have found Taurine exceptional for liver health. I did about a month of high dose Taurine, as in 7-12g per day, and afterwards found all kinds of markers for liver health better. I could handle more caffeine, slept better, deeper voice, and felt less estrogenic/serotonin. These are all anecdotal, so take them for what they are worth, but I would not be surprised if your taurine supplementation was helping."

"So, enzyme levels have come down but still elevated. Am I right in thinking that liver function looks ok though?

Should I do another 2-week stint of high K2 or just keep trying to increase the caffeine?
I’m doing 4-5mg K2 now, but probably not getting enough caffeine. I’m currently up to 300mg/day (200 in the am, 100 in the pm). I don’t get jittery or anxious with these dosages because I’m increasing pretty slowly, but I do get uncomfortably warm at times. Is the warmth considered a stress response or is it the thermogenic/uncoupling effect of caffeine? My temps are generally 98.6+ with pulse 85-90. Extremities are warm. I’m generally quite toasty these days.

Other things I’m taking that help the liver: cascara, vitamin A, E, B’s (especially thiamine), several grams of glycine throughout the day, a little taurine. Trying to get at least 80 grams protein."

pro marker

i have most of the fatty liver symptoms and a stomach that feels "full". my stomach also distends a bit at the solar plexus. ive had alcohol literally 12 times in my life and im only 23. how could i go about diagnosing this? is ultra sound the only sure way?

IVILA

i have most of the fatty liver symptoms and a stomach that feels "full". my stomach also distends a bit at the solar plexus. ive had alcohol literally 12 times in my life and im only 23. how could i go about diagnosing this? is ultra sound the only sure way?
yeah. you get a definitive answer through ultrasound. You can check if your belly is popping but, that's not accurate.

pro marker

yeah. you get a definitive answer through ultrasound. You can check if your belly is popping but, that's not accurate.
is ultra sound bad? i have no idea how it works. does it emit emf? i know its better than xrays, but ive had so many xrays in my life.

IVILA

is ultra sound bad? i have no idea how it works. does it emit emf? i know its better than xrays, but ive had so many xrays in my life.
it's lowest amount of radiation you can possibly get for screening. There's no other way

OP
Attakai

Attakai

Yes Ultrasound is completely safe and fairly inexpensive if you don't have insurance.
People develop fatty liver commonly without alcohol.
any specific fruits?
Nothing besides OJ every now and then.

SamuraiJack

Taurine, glycine + choline is a top trio for fatty liver/health.
Choline literally allows the fat in the liver to be mobilised and removed. Been taking it daily after dinner and my liver enzymes were some of the lowest I've seen.
This was without taking gly or taurine

Frankdee20

Taurine, glycine + choline is a top trio for fatty liver/health.
Choline literally allows the fat in the liver to be mobilised and removed. Been taking it daily after dinner and my liver enzymes were some of the lowest I've seen.
This was without taking gly or taurine

Hey, how much choline do you supplement and what form is it ? CDP, Alpha GPC, or regular Bitartrate ? Also, do you get any depression symptoms with extra choline ? Too much can do that, and make you dull

SamuraiJack

Hey, how much choline do you supplement and what form is it ? CDP, Alpha GPC, or regular Bitartrate ? Also, do you get any depression symptoms with extra choline ? Too much can do that, and make you dull
Just the bitartrate. No depression or anything with that form. Maybe with the others but I haven't used them

jet9

Nothing besides OJ every now and then.

so relatively low-medium carb diet with few sugars and sometimes starches?
what do you like for vegetables?

also what do you think was the main cause of your enlarged liver?

brocktoon

FaTDvvA.jpg

K6fhTN1.jpg

What I did:
Taurine 2 grams per meal. (+an additional 5 grams before drinking Alcohol)
Fasted from bed until 11AM(Had black coffee at 9am)( If I drank the night before I fasted until 1-4pm, whatever felt right)
Went from high carb to more of a balanced meal plan(Not "Peat" per say but still avoid most PUFA)
Dropped to about 2500 calories a day +-500, wasn't strict.
1-2 a month I went for a relatively intense 20 min run
Supplemented once a day: Methelyne Blue(2mg), Niacinamide(500mg) and Magnesium(Swanson Mellow Mag - 1 serving)

I stopped feeling a fullness in my right abdomen 3-4 months into this protocol, But my plan was to wait around a year before spending money another ultrasound.
I also still drank alcohol fairly heavily a couple days a week. Though I don't recommend this hah
Shoutout to @Hans I based a lot of this from his articles
I'm glad to see that you made progress. I've done parts of many of the fatty liver protocols suggested here and had only some success, and it's hard to know what particular thing or things I've done that have brought the limited improvement. You had only minor liver fat deposition though, so that has worked in your favor. Keep an eye on it over time, my friend.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals