A Cry For Help: Uncontrollable Fat Gain. Something Is FUNDAMENTALLY Wrong :(

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Just finished a 48 hours dry fast.
Dropped 3.1 kg of fat.
BMI went from 35.1 to 33.5
Strangely, my muscle mass increased from 38.9 to 39.2
What? Can I build muscles on a dry fast?
Nah.... hardly. Too good to be true ... but the fat loss is there. Maybe there is a light in the tunnel. Fingers crossed ....

YourUniverse

Dropped 3.1 kg of fat.
Nah.... hardly. Too good to be true ... but the fat loss is there. Maybe there is a light in the tunnel. Fingers crossed ....
What foods do you crave now? When I fasted for a day, the first thing on my hungry mind were eggs!

Constatine

Dropped 3.1 kg of fat.
Way to go. 48 hours is a bit much to do consistently. Two 24 hour fasts a week will get good results as well without any of the potential negative health implications of a 48 hour fast. That said a 48 hours fast isn't dangerous, but you can get some intestinal barrier damage and what not on longer fasts. This damage quickly heals when food is reintroduced however (in about a week I think it was).

pepsi

I just watched a video of Molly Schuyler eating a ton of tacos.
It looks like she doesnt chew the food at all. She moves it around in her mouth a little just to prepare to swallow it.
I wonder if thats what helps not absorb all the calories from the food.

And I wonder what their stomachs must look like. I suppose anyone can do this if they train and stretch or grow their stomachs large enough,
would be interesting to see an xray.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

What foods do you crave now? When I fasted for a day, the first thing on my hungry mind were eggs!
No cravings yet, just for water. Waiting my body to show me the right choice for solid food.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Way to go. 48 hours is a bit much to do consistently. Two 24 hour fasts a week will get good results as well without any of the potential negative health implications of a 48 hour fast. That said a 48 hours fast isn't dangerous, but you can get some intestinal barrier damage and what not on longer fasts. This damage quickly heals when food is reintroduced however (in about a week I think it was).
Noted.

S-VV

Dropped 3.1 kg of fat.
Make sure to note the the hydration percentage that the scale shows. If it suddenly drops or increases, it will explain a dramatic variation in weight.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Make sure to note the the hydration percentage that the scale shows. If it suddenly drops or increases, it will explain a dramatic variation in weight.
Sorry but didn't understand what you mean.
Thanks

OP
Vinny

Vinny

tara

Dropped 3.1 kg of fat.
On what basis do you think you lost 3+ kg fat in 48 hrs?
I imagine just emptying the gut properly over 48 hrs could probably account for 1-3 kg, let alone the water released from tissues during fasting.

tankasnowgod

I just watched a video of Molly Schuyler eating a ton of tacos.
It looks like she doesnt chew the food at all. She moves it around in her mouth a little just to prepare to swallow it.
I wonder if thats what helps not absorb all the calories from the food.

And I wonder what their stomachs must look like. I suppose anyone can do this if they train and stretch or grow their stomachs large enough,
would be interesting to see an xray.

There was a segment on "The Doctors" where they showed this-

milkboi

I imagine just emptying the gut properly over 48 hrs could probably account for 1-3 kg, let alone the water released from tissues during fasting.

True, I doubt he lost 3 kg fat. Because that amount of adipose tissue contains approximately 20.000 calories. Why would you have burned that much @Vinny?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

I've got a body composition scale, tara. Wouldn't dare think a 3 kg fat reduce possible if hadn't seen the numbers on the scales.
@milkboi

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Woke up cold this mornin. 36.0 C. Not good ....
Don, t know what happened .....
Maybe coz yesterday indulged on fries?
Hadn't eat them for awhile, and tummy felt so good .... But, is it possible fried in olive oil potatoes to cause such a drop? Didn't do anything different ....

From another angle, had a great morning wood, that hadn't happened for a long time .... Coincidence? If not, then how boners and a drop in temp can relate?
Am confused ....

Zigzag

True, I doubt he lost 3 kg fat. Because that amount of adipose tissue contains approximately 20.000 calories. Why would you have burned that much @Vinny?
Indeed, very unlikely. Afaik 7700kcal = 1kg of fat, so that's 23100kcal. Assuming his BMR is around 2,5k he'd need to lose more than 16k during those days by being super active.

tara

I've got a body composition scale, tara. Wouldn't dare think a 3 kg fat reduce possible if hadn't seen the numbers on the scales.
I guess I don't know how a body composition scale works. Without knowing, I'd personally be a bit sceptical of that level of accuracy. If you understand the physics of it, maybe you know better. 20000+ cals burned in 2 days is a lot more than average. Maybe possible in particular circumstances?

YourUniverse

I guess I don't know how a body composition scale works. Without knowing, I'd personally be a bit sceptical of that level of accuracy. If you understand the physics of it, maybe you know better. 20000+ cals burned in 2 days is a lot more than average. Maybe possible in particular circumstances?
It's a good point, but isn't this kind of semantics? If he's starting to feel better, surely that's a promising sign

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Tara,

I really believe, that the lows of physics could be applied, with relative success, to soulless objects, but hardly to living things.

But this doesn't prove anything, right?

And it shouldn't. The most important thing is, if a certain approach gives me some benefit or no, with or without proper explanation. Everything else has no importance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals