Cured my fatty liver and shrank it to normal size in under a year

OP
Attakai

Attakai

so relatively low-medium carb diet with few sugars and sometimes starches?
what do you like for vegetables?

also what do you think was the main cause of your enlarged liver?
I first noticed the fullness after following a high carb high calorie peat/nathan hatch type diet which included a lot of milk. I think I overloaded my liver.

Veggies: (All cooked) carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, spinach, green beans, asparagus
I do still get some dairy via cheese/heavy cream which I use in cooking, but I haven't been drinking milk during this time.

OP
Attakai

Attakai

I'm glad to see that you made progress. I've done parts of many of the fatty liver protocols suggested here and had only some success, and it's hard to know what particular thing or things I've done that have brought the limited improvement. You had only minor liver fat deposition though, so that has worked in your favor. Keep an eye on it over time, my friend.
Yeah I'm pretty sensitive to how my body is feeling so I noticed my right abdomen was feeling weird right away. I'm lucky I got it solved while it was still mild.

I'm note sure what you've tried, but if you are physically capable/healthy enough to fast until lunch a few times a week, and go for a run a couple of times a month I could tell it helped my body every time I did.

jet9

I first noticed the fullness after following a high carb high calorie peat/nathan hatch type diet which included a lot of milk. I think I overloaded my liver.

Veggies: (All cooked) carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, spinach, green beans, asparagus
I do still get some dairy via cheese/heavy cream which I use in cooking, but I haven't been drinking milk during this time.
Congrats on your success and finding diet that works for you / your health!

rei

I also still drank alcohol fairly heavily a couple days a week. Though I don't recommend this hah
Even if this might be anti-peat i think alcohol demonizing is a conspiracy. I have found alcohol to be one of the keys to my health recovery. Yesterday i happened to see one of Rhona Patrick's interviews where the topic was DNA methylation based epigenetic age assesment, and one of the few lifestyle factors that was associated with reduced age and rate of aging was alcohol consumption.

Combine this with the official stance of the american diabetes association of alcohol being beneficial for diabetes, and the numerous studies pointing towards moderate use being beneficial, i fail to see the hard evidence of the toxicity, unless abused.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Even if this might be anti-peat i think alcohol demonizing is a conspiracy. I have found alcohol to be one of the keys to my health recovery. Yesterday i happened to see one of Rhona Patrick's interviews where the topic was DNA methylation based epigenetic age assesment, and one of the few lifestyle factors that was associated with reduced age and rate of aging was alcohol consumption.

Combine this with the official stance of the american diabetes association of alcohol being beneficial for diabetes, and the numerous studies pointing towards moderate use being beneficial, i fail to see the hard evidence of the toxicity, unless abused.

I do believe that moderate amounts of alcohol are likely beneficial... for men, 2-3 drinks a day .... but that’s a slippery slope

rei

Yes, and i even remember Peat talking about how alcohol can dissolve lipofuscin or something, and when i was at autopsy class the resident told us that alcoholics never have blood vessel calcification, so i believe it really has some kind of dissolving/cleaning effect in the body, not only in the blood circulatory system but also fascial circulatory system, as the benefit i have found is in my fascial rehabilitation effort.

Frankdee20

Yes, and i even remember Peat talking about how alcohol can dissolve lipofuscin or something, and when i was at autopsy class the resident told us that alcoholics never have blood vessel calcification, so i believe it really has some kind of dissolving/cleaning effect in the body, not only in the blood circulatory system but also fascial circulatory system, as the benefit i have found is in my fascial rehabilitation effort.
Must be a reason why wines pair with foods like cheeses to clear the palate of lingering fats.... also beer for spicy food clears the palate of pepper oils like capsaicin

bavy

FaTDvvA.jpg

K6fhTN1.jpg

What I did:
Taurine 2 grams per meal. (+an additional 5 grams before drinking Alcohol)
Fasted from bed until 11AM(Had black coffee at 9am)( If I drank the night before I fasted until 1-4pm, whatever felt right)
Went from high carb to more of a balanced meal plan(Not "Peat" per say but still avoid most PUFA)
Dropped to about 2500 calories a day +-500, wasn't strict.
1-2 a month I went for a relatively intense 20 min run
Supplemented once a day: Methelyne Blue(2mg), Niacinamide(500mg) and Magnesium(Swanson Mellow Mag - 1 serving)

I stopped feeling a fullness in my right abdomen 3-4 months into this protocol, But my plan was to wait around a year before spending money another ultrasound.
I also still drank alcohol fairly heavily a couple days a week. Though I don't recommend this hah
Shoutout to @Hans I based a lot of this from his articles
Thank you so much for this information! Did you notice a decrease in your metabolism? I'm so worried about ruining my metabolism with fasting.

Waynish

Thank you so much for this information! Did you notice a decrease in your metabolism? I'm so worried about ruining my metabolism with fasting.
Fasting from sleep to 11am will ruin your metabolism? Meh... That seems as ridiculous as the mainstream view that overeating 2 apples per day will lead to obesity in a few years. It is good to feel hungry which I think many on this forum deprive themselves of.

brocktoon

I wouldn't focus on fasting if you have a substantially fat-filled liver, as your glycogen storing ability would be limited and you would face the resulting metabolic stress if you fasted. The OP didn't have a fatty liver clinically speaking and may have been able to fast without much problem.

Inaut

Fasting from sleep to 11am will ruin your metabolism? Meh... That seems as ridiculous as the mainstream view that overeating 2 apples per day will lead to obesity in a few years. It is good to feel hungry which I think many on this forum deprive themselves of.
I’ve heard that it’s always best to eat only enough to still maintain a very slight hunger. Never more and not less. I think this is inline somewhat with your comments @Waynish

bavy

I wouldn't focus on fasting if you have a substantially fat-filled liver, as your glycogen storing ability would be limited and you would face the resulting metabolic stress if you fasted. The OP didn't have a fatty liver clinically speaking and may have been able to fast without much problem.
that's exactly what i was thinking...i'm already so sensitive to stress. then focus on Methelyne Blue, Niacinamide, magnesium, and coffee? that should heal me?

brocktoon

that's exactly what i was thinking...i'm already so sensitive to stress. then focus on Methelyne Blue, Niacinamide, magnesium, and coffee? that should heal me?
Have you been diagnosed with a (non-alcoholic) fatty liver via ultrasound or MRI? If so, how "bad" is it?

Waynish

I’ve heard that it’s always best to eat only enough to still maintain a very slight hunger. Never more and not less. I think this is inline somewhat with your comments @Waynish
Ya like not starve and still experience hunger? Kind of like most other organisms we've hung out with? Hmmmmm :)

mase857

Taurine, glycine + choline is a top trio for fatty liver/health.
Choline literally allows the fat in the liver to be mobilised and removed. Been taking it daily after dinner and my liver enzymes were some of the lowest I've seen.
This was without taking gly or taurine
Hi SamuraiJack,

I saw that you know about choline and its remedy for fatty liver. I recently started taking choline because I have fatty liver. However, when I first started, I started taking it with not a good diet because of lack of time to cook.... and I haven't seen any progress. So last week, I decided to go on a plant-based and very low fat diet and keep taking choline to see if it's going to help for my enlarged fatty liver.

My question is ... Do you know how long it takes for choline to heal a fatty liver ? How long did it take you to heal your liver ? My liver is enlarged, I have a belly but it's non-alcoholic fatty liver that was confirmed via ultrasound, I don't drink at all. I really can't wait to heal this issue. My fatty liver is affecting my blood sugar and caused me to have insulin resistance. I read many testimonies from iherb.com on how choline really cures fatty liver. Hopefully I will experience the benefits too. I'm currently taking 4000mg of choline per day with low fat meals. I started the low fat meals only 6 days ago though and it's plant-based meals only. I'm also taking carnitine on top of choline, which I hear helps too

I would truly appreciate your response to my message on how long it takes for choline to heal a fatty liver when taking it religiously as a supplement. Also, I wanna know if my previous bad fast food diet was the reason why I wasn't making much progress despite taking choline.

Thank you in advance, your response will be very much appreciated.

reaching

I do believe that moderate amounts of alcohol are likely beneficial... for men, 2-3 drinks a day .... but that’s a slippery slope

An extremely slippery slope, indeed. Usually would turn into 5 or 6 and then at the point faaaak it, might as well keep going.

IVILA

Hi SamuraiJack,

I saw that you know about choline and its remedy for fatty liver. I recently started taking choline because I have fatty liver. However, when I first started, I started taking it with not a good diet because of lack of time to cook.... and I haven't seen any progress. So last week, I decided to go on a plant-based and very low fat diet and keep taking choline to see if it's going to help for my enlarged fatty liver.

My question is ... Do you know how long it takes for choline to heal a fatty liver ? How long did it take you to heal your liver ? My liver is enlarged, I have a belly but it's non-alcoholic fatty liver that was confirmed via ultrasound, I don't drink at all. I really can't wait to heal this issue. My fatty liver is affecting my blood sugar and caused me to have insulin resistance. I read many testimonies from iherb.com on how choline really cures fatty liver. Hopefully I will experience the benefits too. I'm currently taking 4000mg of choline per day with low fat meals. I started the low fat meals only 6 days ago though and it's plant-based meals only. I'm also taking carnitine on top of choline, which I hear helps too

I would truly appreciate your response to my message on how long it takes for choline to heal a fatty liver when taking it religiously as a supplement. Also, I wanna know if my previous bad fast food diet was the reason why I wasn't making much progress despite taking choline.

Thank you in advance, your response will be very much appreciated.
It depends how many cm is your liver size, what your lifestyle is as well.

StrongMom

Lunch and Dinner is usually Lean protein(Chicken + Steak) plus variety of veggies with a good marinade or sauce, plus sometimes rice/potatoes or sweet potatoes
I'll have salmon and oysters once a week
On the weekends I'll have 6 eggs fried lightly in butter plus some toast for breakfast.
I'll still have candy/chocolate, chips and guac a couple times a week whenever in the mood.
Pretty simple standard "health" diet I would say. Everything is clean and organic.
I avoid PUFA(Besides Salmon and Oysters), beans, nuts, seeds or anything else I find hard to digest.
Is there a particular reason you avoid calcium/dairy?

mase857

It depends how many cm is your liver size, what your lifestyle is as well

So what do you recommend ? My liver is enlarged and I changed to a low fat diet ... When could you start seeing results ??

OP
Attakai

Attakai

Is there a particular reason you avoid calcium/dairy?
Drinking milk beyond maybe a glass a day is a detriment to my well being. I still indulge in cheese in my meals and use butter for most of my cooking though.
So what do you recommend ? My liver is enlarged and I changed to a low fat diet ... When could you start seeing results ??
Overly eating carbs can still mess up your liver even if you go low fat. My recent experiences have reconfirmed that fasting is probably the best thing you can do to give your liver time to detoxify itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals