Can You Even Stop Hair Loss And Cause Hair Regrowth?

dreamcatcher

@Progesterone you're welcome. I take a large dose, 500mg on days when I don't have my period. According to scientific reviews, less than 100mg if I remember, is safe.
I also think that it might help if I happen to be sensitive to DHT or have too high androgens in relation to other hormones. I still tend to believe the DHT and hair loss theory because I came across too many people who responded well to lowering DHT and thus improving hair quality.
Also, non westernised Native Americans don't have male pattern baldness and it's well known that they use Saw Palmetto which happens to be a 5ar inhibitor.
Plus..GLA specially which the Ray Peat world happens to avoid ( think of borage seed oil) is a 5ar inhibitor.
It's great that you found a product you like, I like Swanson as well but had elevated B12 for years so I don't supplement it.
Two more:

Spencer David Kobren & Hair Growth

Hair Loss Nutrition Guide, Foods for Healthy Hair & Seven-Day Meal Planner

baccheion

Megadose melatonin. 300 mg (milli) at night and 300 IU/kg/day vitamin D3 (+ K2 + chelated magnesium + DHEA) in the AM.
I get it from eBay (UK) organic pueraria mirifica but not for breast enlargement:))
It didn't make my breasts larger..when I used to take Progest-E, I became flat chested and Ray Peat told me that maybe it reduced the estrogen so much.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT CAPSULES 100% ORGANIC PUERARIA MIRIFICA 500mg REFILL PACK 5081949942373 | eBay
Wouldn't progesterone supplementation among women need to be limited to the luteal phase? And at other times, estradiol (or nothing).

dreamcatcher

Megadose melatonin. 300 mg (milli) at night and 300 IU/kg/day vitamin D3 (+ K2 + chelated magnesium + DHEA) in the AM.
Wouldn't progesterone supplementation among women need to be limited to the luteal phase? And at other times, estradiol (or nothing).
Yes, that's how I used progesterone.

Progesterone

@Progesterone you're welcome. I take a large dose, 500mg on days when I don't have my period. According to scientific reviews, less than 100mg if I remember, is safe.
I also think that it might help if I happen to be sensitive to DHT or have too high androgens in relation to other hormones. I still tend to believe the DHT and hair loss theory because I came across too many people who responded well to lowering DHT and thus improving hair quality.
Also, non westernised Native Americans don't have male pattern baldness and it's well known that they use Saw Palmetto which happens to be a 5ar inhibitor.
Plus..GLA specially which the Ray Peat world happens to avoid ( think of borage seed oil) is a 5ar inhibitor.
It's great that you found a product you like, I like Swanson as well but had elevated B12 for years so I don't supplement it.

Very interesting.

How did the native Americans supplement Saw Palmetto? just curious

Fascinating!

I want to read more of this author's work..

Progesterone

Yes, that's how I used progesterone.

I have a confession to make,

I did not order the PM yet, and have been debating ordering healthnatura progesterone... (it's so damn pricey though).

I am currently using NOW brand prog cream, and also, chinese sourced (alibaba) progesterone powder that I put into a veggie cap and swallow.

I'm a mess, lol. I still believe in Progesterone so much, somehow.

Check out this forum, on PM. Many use 500mg+... for a man it seems dangerous.

Perhaps I get away with using 100mg/daily?

jackson1

Read @rawmeat and @lampofred success stories in the meantime.

I also have seen some strong recession in the last months. I think it's the bloating and endotoxins doing damage for me. And a slight hypothyroid state.
I really need to increase my calories, as I've added Kuinone and Pansterone.

What's weird is that I don't see hairs falling in the shower almost at all. Yet the temples are taking a hit.
Aspirin protects me from shedding for sure.

Hi DemiGod.
How long after taking aspirin did you notice your hair kind of started to stop shedding? I'm nearly 2-week mark into aspirin, I don't see any sign of improving yet...

jackson1

I massaged hardcore everyday for over a year now.

Absolutely nothing.

Every time I gave it a try ended up making me lose tons of hairs...... the dermarolling as well. Did you happen to use the massage protocol from PHH?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Every time I gave it a try ended up making me lose tons of hairs...... the dermarolling as well. Did you happen to use the massage protocol from PHH?
You might be sensitive to aspirin. It did the same to me so I stopped taking it. Common sense.

jackson1

You might be sensitive to aspirin. It did the same to me so I stopped taking it. Common sense.

Thanks for your comment @cinderella

I was more like saying the massages and dermarolling didn't do good than harm fo me. Aspirin, I also don't find it particularly helping me stop losing my hair.
I'm not sure if it's too quick to judge and I'd like to know how fast others started to see aspirin began to help subside their hairloss.

Progesterone

Hi!

Soooooo... I'm using 600mg/daily of organic bamboo 70% silica (swanson)

and.... 100mg oral progesterone w/ vit e put into a veggie capsul and swallowed.

tbh, this worked for me for a while, hair was great, 2016-2018 (then i stopped, coincidentally hair went downhill after stopping).

This prog is from onas natural. this particular batch is VERY good and very legit. 5-10mg under tongue and I feel relaxed as heck. I had earlier batch, way more orange in color that I wasn't sold on.

It's easy to think a lot of health conditions are inevitable when you're surrounded by people suffering from them. Some people even fall into the trap of thinking they can't lose weight because they see so many people struggling to do so. Peat has always been about dispelling that notion. There are myriad possibilities. I regrew my hair from NW2 to NW0.5. I also got rid of my gynecomastia (caused by 3 weeks of finasteride) without surgery, and my seven bulging discs no longer show up on MRI. Most people believe none of that's possible, and most people fail on many levels in life. I solved my own puzzles and I hope everyone here can do the same. If you want a one size fits all, no brainer approach, go ahead and take fin and minox and suffer the consequences.
This is a great post. Imagine someone struggling now or later comes across it in a search one day and gets some hope from it. I could have really benefitted from this perspective when I was in dire straits so thank you for posting this

Btw I lost hair in my worst health stages. After stopping drug use and focusing on health it eventually came back. I don’t even know how long it took because I stopped looking at it, just shaved it off and didn’t even look in the mirror for a while. But I had other issues, emotional stuff. It grew back on fin but tbh that came with more problems. I have had posture and mobility problems for awhile too and my scalp has been soooo tight and all the fascia in my body has been so f’ed up but still saw progress. I used a derma pen once a month or so for awhile too, and just rub coconut oil on u scalp and get as much sunlight as I can. My hair is thicker in the summer it feels like.

Anyways I even notice my white hairs turning back coloured again. At least my nose hairs, and I notice less on my few shoulder hairs. Time will tell if my beard and sideburns go back colored. I don’t mind my sideburns being white or grey actually, but I don’t like the salt and pepper dotted look on my chin and face. It’s amazing to see roots of hair get colored again while the ends are white.

How long til regrowth and can you proof regrowth ?

For me it’s probably about two years since I noticed. I was doing variations of various diet trends like raw primal etc until 4-5 months ago when I started adding sugars back in. Adding liver to my diet over a year ago made the biggest difference tho. Since I was shaving my head regularly, the friction and massage motion of that seemed to make a difference. And like I said,
Occasionally using a derma pen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals