Belly fat dissapearing after i started eating croissants

Inaut

In the Walmart bakery area they sell All Butter Croissants with zero vegetable oils. I've been eating them for years along with more butter on top. I can go awhile with not eating as well.
Thanks!

tankasnowgod

So, as far as "added fats" go in the diet, I am pretty much using dairy (butter or cream), Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (still excellent for deep frying), and Cacao butter. Beef is my primary protein, so there is some fat in there. All fats listed at the top are very saturated (60-70% for dairy and cacao, and 98+% for HCO), while most beef fat seems to be under 50% saturated. It probably means a higher amount of Oleic Acid, something we probably want to keep down a bit, based on some of Brad's more recent writings.

Not really a problem, as dairy is delicious. I'm enjoying using more butter and cream, along with things like Brioche, which is also made with butter. Julia Child would be so proud! HCO I use mainly for frying, though I did add some Stearic Acid to the HCO, and it still has a nice consistency, with around 20% Stearic, which I think might be good for skincare and such.

But the Cacao addition is most interesting. It's only a minor part (partly due to cost), but I think it is quite the worthy add. It's about 33% Stearic, which is quite high, few things have more. But also, interestingly, it also has about 1% Arachidic Acid. This is an even longer chain SFA, at 20 Carbons. It seems the only other commonly eaten foods that have Arachidic are peanut and corn (and their oils), with about 1-3% Arachidic. Of course, the high PUFA content would strike those fats from consideration.

There is a study showing Hydrogenated Peanut Oil improved mitochondrial activity of old rats- Why Hydrogenated Peanut Oil Restored Activities Of Mitochondrial Respiratory Complexes?

Here is the fatty acid profile-

HPO Chart.png

So, low PUFA, high in Stearic (16.8%), but also some amounts of even longer chain SFAs, totaling about 5% of the product! The HPO was a supplement to their normal diet, about 0.5 ml daily (if anyone knows what that is in Rat Meal Percentages).

Maybe it's similar to the benefits from polycosanols.

So, maybe Cacao will have similar (or greater) benefits. I use some Cacao butter in my coffee, and am eating a bit more chocolate.

David PS

So, as far as "added fats" go in the diet, I am pretty much using dairy (butter or cream), Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (still excellent for deep frying), and Cacao butter. Beef is my primary protein, so there is some fat in there. All fats listed at the top are very saturated (60-70% for dairy and cacao, and 98+% for HCO), while most beef fat seems to be under 50% saturated. It probably means a higher amount of Oleic Acid, something we probably want to keep down a bit, based on some of Brad's more recent writings.

Not really a problem, as dairy is delicious. I'm enjoying using more butter and cream, along with things like Brioche, which is also made with butter. Julia Child would be so proud! HCO I use mainly for frying, though I did add some Stearic Acid to the HCO, and it still has a nice consistency, with around 20% Stearic, which I think might be good for skincare and such.

But the Cacao addition is most interesting. It's only a minor part (partly due to cost), but I think it is quite the worthy add. It's about 33% Stearic, which is quite high, few things have more. But also, interestingly, it also has about 1% Arachidic Acid. This is an even longer chain SFA, at 20 Carbons. It seems the only other commonly eaten foods that have Arachidic are peanut and corn (and their oils), with about 1-3% Arachidic. Of course, the high PUFA content would strike those fats from consideration.

There is a study showing Hydrogenated Peanut Oil improved mitochondrial activity of old rats- Why Hydrogenated Peanut Oil Restored Activities Of Mitochondrial Respiratory Complexes?

Here is the fatty acid profile-

View attachment 40200

So, low PUFA, high in Stearic (16.8%), but also some amounts of even longer chain SFAs, totaling about 5% of the product! The HPO was a supplement to their normal diet, about 0.5 ml daily (if anyone knows what that is in Rat Meal Percentages).

Maybe it's similar to the benefits from polycosanols.

So, maybe Cacao will have similar (or greater) benefits. I use some Cacao butter in my coffee, and am eating a bit more chocolate.
Thanks for sharing your strategy. I especially like that you took the time to find and link the HPO thread.

David PS

I’m not a convert to the “reductive stress is everything” that Brad touts. I think Dr. Peat agrees with him as being important but not “the thing.” I think Brad is very smart though and I’m glad he’s thinking about these issues.

I think this diet works because it stops the dump of PUFA FFAs into the bloodstream and keeps blood sugar from swinging into hypoglycemia.

My go-to is nixtamalized corn masa harina with butter and/or while milk and/or cheese in the morning. Collagen and espresso. Lunch is nixtamalized tortillas and maybe an egg and some cheese, or calves liver, and espresso. Maybe rice and cheese later. Maybe a little fish or white meat chicken or beef for dinner with rice and well cooked veggies. And good gum-free ice cream.

I’m losing about a pound a week. Calories about 2300 - 2500. Protein Is too high but I’m not worrying about that. I am finding that having high calcium is really more important than lowering protein.

About 45 - 50% of calories from carbs, 30% - 35% from fat, and the rest protein.

David PS

My go-to is nixtamalized corn masa harina with butter and/or while milk and/or cheese in the morning. Collagen and espresso. Lunch is nixtamalized tortillas and maybe an egg and some cheese, or calves liver, and espresso. Maybe rice and cheese later. Maybe a little fish or white meat chicken or beef for dinner with rice and well cooked veggies. And good gum-free ice cream.

I’m losing about a pound a week. Calories about 2300 - 2500. Protein Is too high but I’m not worrying about that. I am finding that having high calcium is really more important than lowering protein.

About 45 - 50% of calories from carbs, 30% - 35% from fat, and the rest protein.
Thanks for sharing. I may copy your breakfast.

frannybananny

What do you mean nixtamalized? Aren't all corn tortillas made with presoaked corn in lime? Isn't that nixtamalized? Excuse my ignorance and confusion.

What do you mean nixtamalized? Aren't all corn tortillas made with presoaked corn in lime? Isn't that nixtamalized? Excuse my ignorance and confusion.

they are supposed to be, but often they are not. Most of my carbs these days are from masa harina which nixtamalized.

Osukhan

A new post at Fire in a Bottle:
thanks for sharing the article. im a big fan of Brad Marshall and his products. I came across his work from a Paul Saladino podcast (yea i know im still unlearning and learning...) I really like his fire and bottle butter. Currently im using succinade, ala, l carnitine with a little bit of calcium pyruvate mixed as a pre workout. I feel like it does provide an energy boost. Currently in a weight loss phase so will see how it goes.

My lifestyle has switched to one that is more similar to the once here Westside PUFAs I suppose, LOL. But having a lot of calcium is very important I am finding. Parathyroid can be increased in a few hours if you have high phosphorus.

aniciete

Are you worried about the pufa adding up from the masa? I’ve found it’s easy to overdo.

Cow

Is your recipe somewhere, hamster? I got some Bob's Red Mill organic masa harina, but I don't really know what to do with it. It has to be super easy whatever it is. I was making a pancake type thingy just mixing it with an egg and some milk and putting it in a fry pan, but it was not that tasty.

RealNeat

thanks for sharing the article. im a big fan of Brad Marshall and his products. I came across his work from a Paul Saladino podcast (yea i know im still unlearning and learning...) I really like his fire and bottle butter. Currently im using succinade, ala, l carnitine with a little bit of calcium pyruvate mixed as a pre workout. I feel like it does provide an energy boost. Currently in a weight loss phase so will see how it goes.
That podcast episode is actually a good one to understand Brads view of the topic (besides Paul's often unnecessary and frankly somewhat annoying comments) You also have to forward to over half the episode to really start getting into the nitty gritty. Paul takes up like the first 20 minutes just marketing lol

Lollipop2

Is your recipe somewhere, hamster? I got some Bob's Red Mill organic masa harina, but I don't really know what to do with it. It has to be super easy whatever it is. I was making a pancake type thingy just mixing it with an egg and some milk and putting it in a fry pan, but it was not that tasty.
Add some sugar it makes the “pancake” better. I also make cornbread from Masa Harina.

Cow

Thank you. And I love corn bread and never thought of that! Found a gluten free recipe on line.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals