Belly fat dissapearing after i started eating croissants

Quelsatron

Didn't Brad Marshall base the diet off a study in mice? That doesn't sound mom bloggish to me.
"A" study in mice isn't exactly hard evidence. studies like this easily get turned into meme diets, and again, butter on toast is not a health food. Butter is a pretty good fat, and starch can be a pretty good source of calories, but it's micronutritionally almost void and also has basically no protein. People on this forum are in high risk of overeating and any empty calorie is taking the place of something else.

Dean

So would that slow pufa depletion?
Yeah, I think that's why he has fasting in his mix. I think probably you'd (or most people) have to do that or something that mimics it.

If I understand what I was reading on his blog yesterday, you need the slow moving saturated fat/stearic acid to be hanging out in the mitochondria so the pufa stays out and gets burned off from storage instead.

animalcule

gluten neuropathy -- I've experienced that. I've used organic Einkorn and experiences similar issues.

Has anyone w/a gluten intolerance found a difference while using genuine French flour?

animalcule

so Einkorn causes you problems like regular flour @animalcule ?
Yup. It was grown in Italy, too (no USA grain).

I made a whole wheat sourdough loaf. Tbh, it didn’t taste anywhere near as good as the rye sourdough (German rye) I had been making before. It was just meh. But I ate it for two days and then started having joint paint and numbness in my fingers. So I stopped eating it.

The only grain I eat now is rice, sometimes. BUT! I seem to be tolerating potatoes pretty well now (before, they gave me night terrors and other issues, this was when I just came off the carnivore diet), somehow. So I think that means my starch digestion has improved. I may try wheat again, if I can find an authentic French bakery that makes butter croissants.

Yup. It was grown in Italy, too (no USA grain).

I made a whole wheat sourdough loaf. Tbh, it didn’t taste anywhere near as good as the rye sourdough (German rye) I had been making before. It was just meh. But I ate it for two days and then started having joint paint and numbness in my fingers. So I stopped eating it.

The only grain I eat now is rice, sometimes. BUT! I seem to be tolerating potatoes pretty well now (before, they gave me night terrors and other issues, this was when I just came off the carnivore diet), somehow. So I think that means my starch digestion has improved. I may try wheat again, if I can find an authentic French bakery that makes butter croissants.
Thank you!

Old Irenaeus

"A" study in mice isn't exactly hard evidence. studies like this easily get turned into meme diets, and again, butter on toast is not a health food. Butter is a pretty good fat, and starch can be a pretty good source of calories, but it's micronutritionally almost void and also has basically no protein. People on this forum are in high risk of overeating and any empty calorie is taking the place of something else.
What would you replace croissants or starch with? More fruit?

animalcule

... and starch can be a pretty good source of calories, but it's micronutritionally almost void and also has basically no protein. People on this forum are in high risk of overeating and any empty calorie is taking the place of something else.
Potatoes are very micronutrient rich. Two cups of boiled potatoes (according to Cronometer) contain:
33% RDI thiamine
27% RDI B2
50% RDI B3
54% RDI B5
119% RDI B6
23% RDI Choline
85% RDI vitamin C
11% RDI Calcium
49% RDI Iron
50% RDI Magnesium
82% RDI Manganese
58% RDI Phosphorus
115% RDI Potassium
54% RDI Zinc

Wheat Flour also contains a fair amount of micronutrients. One cup contains 227% RDI manganese, 44% RDI magnesium, 55% RDI phosphorus, 44% RDI zinc, plus a decent amount of most of the B vitamins. Even white rice does ok w/micronutrients: two cups steamed white rice contains nearly half your RDI of thiamine, 33% B3, 34% folate, 24% copper, 21% iron, 83% manganese, 43% selenium, among others.

The whole "starch is empty calories" idea falls apart when you put it into Cronometer. Which would have to be the case, knowing how many societies were/are starch based.

David PS

I tried adding straight stearic acid to my diet after reading this thread which was started in 2019. I found it to be unsustainable.

In the USA the principal source of stearic acid is coconut oil, and to a lesser extent, palm oil, while in third world countries are more commonly used the other plant sources.

I have been eating cocoa butter wafers for sometime now. I find them to be tasty.
1658410573862.png

Last edited:

Inaut

I tried adding straight stearic acid to my diet after reading this thread which was started in 2019. I found it to be unsustainable.

I have been eating cocoa butter wafers for sometime now. I find them to be tasty.
View attachment 39286**
Dark chocolate is a good source of minerals and fat. That’s where I’m getting most of my stearic acid (besides buttered croissants)

David PS

Dark chocolate is a good source of minerals and fat. That’s where I’m getting most of my stearic acid (besides buttered croissants)
I eat dark chocolate most days but i do not eat croissants. Maybe eating chocolate croissants is an option.

I weigh myself regularly. My % body fat and % visceral fat have been holding steady for years. For now, everthing is in balance despite my cocoa butter consumption. Currently, my interest is in changes is in changes (the delta) and so a $30 fits my needs. I wrote about it in this short thread.

Quelsatron

What would you replace croissants or starch with? More fruit?
not replace starch, but eat good starches such as potato, some whole grain, and eat a lot of animal foods which generally are more nutritionally dense. By the way, I don't feel satiated or well by fruit at all, maybe because swedish fruit selection is bad quality, or because sugar just makes me feel bad if consumed as a food. Not that you can't eat a few fruits a day, but it's not a real macronutrient source for me.
Potatoes are very micronutrient rich. Two cups of boiled potatoes (according to Cronometer) contain:
33% RDI thiamine
27% RDI B2
50% RDI B3
54% RDI B5
119% RDI B6
23% RDI Choline
85% RDI vitamin C
11% RDI Calcium
49% RDI Iron
50% RDI Magnesium
82% RDI Manganese
58% RDI Phosphorus
115% RDI Potassium
54% RDI Zinc

Wheat Flour also contains a fair amount of micronutrients. One cup contains 227% RDI manganese, 44% RDI magnesium, 55% RDI phosphorus, 44% RDI zinc, plus a decent amount of most of the B vitamins. Even white rice does ok w/micronutrients: two cups steamed white rice contains nearly half your RDI of thiamine, 33% B3, 34% folate, 24% copper, 21% iron, 83% manganese, 43% selenium, among others.

The whole "starch is empty calories" idea falls apart when you put it into Cronometer. Which would have to be the case, knowing how many societies were/are starch based.
I wasn't saying all starches are bad, I was mostly referring to white flour as in croissants. I don't know what flour you're looking at, but white flour has nowhere near that amount, where 100 grams has 6% magnesium, 15% phosphorous, 6% zinc, and 2-8% of all b vitamins aside from folate and thiamine (12 and 16%) (and an unknown amount of manganese). If you want to reach 100% of thiamine, it's richest nutrient, that's over 2000 calories. White rice is also nutritionally empty (aside from a super high vitamin b6 content of 50%, wow), and I know it for a fact does not have thiamine because rice whitening caused outbreaks of beriberi in the japanese population, since the hull contains all the thiamine. Potatoes are, of course, a superfood.

RealNeat

gluten neuropathy -- I've experienced that. I've used organic Einkorn and experiences similar issues.

Has anyone w/a gluten intolerance found a difference while using genuine French flour?
I suppose its preventing B vitamin production or absorption because of SI villi and LI microbiome tampering. It could also be producing toxins that vasoconstrict, like serotonin, LPS or even persorption which may indicate vascular issues in general.

Dave_Fit

The diet and especially the fats you eat influence the "calories-out" side out of the equation, so the "calories-in" influence the metabolic rate via the known mechanisms such as uncoupling or SCD1 inhibition, which in turn influences the calories-out part.
It's still all CICO.
100% correct, unfortunately most people don’t understand that foods are metabolic substrates that influence hormones, metabolism etc. what I meant by my comment was with different food choices my metabolic rate was “X” which was a lower rate than with “Y”. I knew what maintained my weight with one group of food choices, but had no idea until I did it that another group of food choices would raise that significantly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals