Belly fat dissapearing after i started eating croissants

Nik665

my belly fat has never, ever, been affected by anything i have eaten. its always been about calories in, calories out, no matter what. that was until, i started eating one croissant a day. ive been eating them at cafes and from the grocery store, so i assume they are filled with seed oils. theyre called "butter croissants" at my local grocery store, though i doubt that has any truth to it. but yeah my belly fat is going right away. i started spreading a thick layer of butter on them, because yummy. which would normally make me gain fat, because of the calories, but it doesnt seem to have any effect. i once read an article about some dude who went on a croissant only diet to loose weight with great results, but i cant remember what he claimed was the cause for this-
also worth noting is that they seem to stabilize my blood sugar.
just another interesting anecdotdid yuo
my belly fat has never, ever, been affected by anything i have eaten. its always been about calories in, calories out, no matter what. that was until, i started eating one croissant a day. ive been eating them at cafes and from the grocery store, so i assume they are filled with seed oils. theyre called "butter croissants" at my local grocery store, though i doubt that has any truth to it. but yeah my belly fat is going right away. i started spreading a thick layer of butter on them, because yummy. which would normally make me gain fat, because of the calories, but it doesnt seem to have any effect. i once read an article about some dude who went on a croissant only diet to loose weight with great results, but i cant remember what he claimed was the cause for this-
also worth noting is that they seem to stabilize my blood sugar.
just another interesting anecdote
did you eat the same calories more calories less calories, did yiou track intake at all?

Dave_Fit

It probably means a higher amount of Oleic Acid, something we probably want to keep down a bit, based on some of Brad's more recent writings.
I found that keeping SF, with an emphasis on Stearic higher than Monounsaturated was a key. Not trying to point to a ratio, just saying that is SF was 60% ish, and Mono was 40% ish, then keeping PUFA below 2% (the lower the better) was ideal as an example. On some weird days where Mono climbed higher because of something in the diet and it was even with or above SF things always tended to stall or reverse a bit.

RealNeat

I found these two episodes to be a good context provider for the Brad Marshall dietary philosophy through a Peat lens. Even though I appreciate the potent effects of stearic acid, I find it unnecessary to prioritize burning PUFA to get rid of it while becoming insulin resistant to create ROS and improve the NAD+/NADH ratio.

I think staying lower fat while using stearic acid rich fats almost exclusively would accomplish the weight loss (and health gain) in a safer fashion, but maybe not as fast. It reminds me of the dilemma in this thread PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

The possibility of AGE formation (in the high fat + carb combo) whilst liberating FFA seems risky even if its not pathological insulin resistance.

View: https://energybalance.podbean.com/e/ep-47-a-critique-of-the-ros-theory-of-obesity-the-croissant-diet-part-1/

View: https://energybalance.podbean.com/e/ep-48-a-critique-of-the-scd1-theory-of-obesity-the-croissant-diet-part-2/

Tansia

My go-to is nixtamalized corn masa harina with butter and/or while milk and/or cheese in the morning. Collagen and espresso. Lunch is nixtamalized tortillas and maybe an egg and some cheese, or calves liver, and espresso. Maybe rice and cheese later. Maybe a little fish or white meat chicken or beef for dinner with rice and well cooked veggies. And good gum-free ice cream.

I’m losing about a pound a week. Calories about 2300 - 2500. Protein Is too high but I’m not worrying about that. I am finding that having high calcium is really more important than lowering protein.

About 45 - 50% of calories from carbs, 30% - 35% from fat, and the rest protein.
Hi @ecstatichamster are you still following this diet? I've tried it for the past week but I'm strangely far more hungry on this diet. Did you feel like you needed to eat more? My macros are about 40-45% fats, 40-45% carbs and the rest protein. I limited my sugar, just using it for one cofee a day. Do you think cutting out sugar is necessary? I get to 2400 easily, but I feel like I could eat even more. I'm a woman - relatively active. I feel satisfied for 3h maybe. Isn't that strange? By fat i mean eggs, butter, cream cocoa butter.

Last edited:

Tansia

Hi All followers of the diet. One of the things I've notices is that after eating high fat meal I feel warmer which is nice, but does not last for very long. After 2h or so I get really cold. My temperatures have dropped instead of incerasing, my sleep went worse (but this could be because I'm feeling much more hungry, but a bit worried of overeating - currently at 2400, before 2200). I eat as many carbs as before (250g). Anyone else is having similar experience? Is it possible that this diet lowered stress and that's why my temps dropped? Wonder if eating more would be the right thing, but I'm also worried of putting on weight.

Yummm….there really is nothing better than a warm ham and cheese croissant sandwich.

Hi @ecstatichamster are you still following this diet? I've tried it for the past week but I'm strangely far more hungry on this diet. Did you feel like you needed to eat more? My macros are about 40-45% fats, 40-45% carbs and the rest protein. I limited my sugar, just using it for one cofee a day. Do you think cutting out sugar is necessary? I get to 2400 easily, but I feel like I could eat even more. I'm a woman - relatively active. I feel satisfied for 3h maybe. Isn't that strange? By fat i mean eggs, butter, cream cocoa butter.

I'm doing VERY well with high starch and saturated fat. I think lowering sugar is good, but I eat fruit and put sugar in my coffee and eat ice cream. I'm slowing losing belly fat and feeling great.

Old Irenaeus

I'm doing VERY well with high starch and saturated fat. I think lowering sugar is good, but I eat fruit and put sugar in my coffee and eat ice cream. I'm slowing losing belly fat and feeling great.
Awesome! I have been making Masa harina tortillas with butter, which I think you mentioned in a post. I find it's also therapeutic to knead and shape the tortillas.

Awesome! I have been making Masa harina tortillas with butter, which I think you mentioned in a post. I find it's also therapeutic to knead and shape the tortillas.

yes. My go to is cooking masa harina with salt, in water, with a bit of cutter (5g or 10g) in the microwave for 13 - 15 minutes, stirring a few times. Then I take it out carefully and add milk to cool it down and I drink it like soup. It's fantastic. Sometimes I have it twice in a day.

I also have a lot of rice, and tortillas, and a bit of cheese. A little muscle meat. Some fruit.

This is making me lose about .3 kg per week of fat without any real effort and I don't feel endotoxin symptoms very often anymore.

Tansia

yes. My go to is cooking masa harina with salt, in water, with a bit of cutter (5g or 10g) in the microwave for 13 - 15 minutes, stirring a few times. Then I take it out carefully and add milk to cool it down and I drink it like soup. It's fantastic. Sometimes I have it twice in a day.

I also have a lot of rice, and tortillas, and a bit of cheese. A little muscle meat. Some fruit.

This is making me lose about .3 kg per week of fat without any real effort and I don't feel endotoxin symptoms very often anymore.
This sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing this 🙏

Old Irenaeus

Why do you cook the masa harina for such a long time? Are you talking about cooking the entire package?

kimbriel

I came to peat from doing The Croissant Diet and do think there is merit to it (TCD). I even started a website for it (but haven't updated it for ages as Peating isn't really shifting the weight for me :( ) - easytcd.com When I was doing a more croissant diet approach I feel that my belly was getting more lean...
In my experience, Peating doesn't shift the weight. But at the end of the day, I'd rather be fat and metabolically healthy than pursue a bandaid option like caloric restriction, and increase all my stress hormones.

Regina

In my experience, Peating doesn't shift the weight. But at the end of the day, I'd rather be fat and metabolically healthy than pursue a bandaid option like caloric restriction, and increase all my stress hormones.
Ditto.
Emphasis on the "THAN". :laughing:
I'd rather not be fat IF ONLY calorie restriction didn't increase all my stress hormones.

kimbriel

Ditto.
Emphasis on the "THAN". :laughing:
I'd rather not be fat IF ONLY calorie restriction didn't increase all my stress hormones.
Exactly. I'm not sure how it happened by I have pretty extreme metabolic issues that I'm trying to address and I just haven't found the key to it yet.

Advocate2021

Fascinating thread and just substantiates how different we all are and how we must each do what works for us. I definitely do best with very little starch in my diet - i do usually consume one serving per day of organic nixtamalized corn tortillas warmed in coconut oil and add egg, cottage cheese or cooked oysters if its time for those.

I would sure love to see more pictures here of people as testaments to their success. A picture truly is worth a thousand words. why is everyone so shy here? I think this is a very safe site and the topics very evolved. i dont see any risk of professional stigma by coming out here. Im an attorney for that matter.

Hmm. I thought it was already cooked/throughout processed and only needed water. Are you familiar with atole? The soup you make sounds similar.

I’m not. I have made posole before, which uses nixtamalized cooked whole corn kernels.

I think it’s essential that starch is very very well cooked with a little fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals