Bad Breath - Health Indications

Sometimes I wake up with a bad taste in mouth, bad breath, white tongue mildly cracked down centre line.

Sometimes during the day I can get a recurring bad breath strike, but eating a mint etc doesn’t help; I often feel it’s coming from my stomach or an ‘empty’ feeling in my stomach.

What does this mean?
Is it all gut/digestion/oral hygiene/something other related?...

Could it be due to increased sugar & dairy intake or after effects of stopping Essential Oil use for about 1-2 weeks now?

Does oil pulling help?
What could be causing this & what can I do to prevent this? :)

changeling188

do you breathe out of your mouth or often have a blocked nose? in my experience a lot of people pick up the habit of mouth breathing during puberty as they often have blocked noses at this time and poor sleeping habits from rapid growth, hormonal changes, bad dietary habits and fatigue, and the flow of oxygen and particles into the mouth as well as the strain on healthy cellular respiration from suboptimal breathing usually leads to bad breath as the bacteria of the mouth are in a more ideal environment to grow and multiply.

It's often a sign of subtle acidosis as well like ketosis during sleep, which can be caused by not eating enough or over-exertion etc. Most people i know on low sugar diets have bad breath. I have not have bad breath since eating more sugar especially sugar before bed though it took me some time to adjust to. Try washing your mouth with bicarbonate soda diluted into water before bed. It alkalises the mouth and can inhibit the growth of bacteria on the tongue and gums while you sleep

OP
CosmicDancer444
do you breathe out of your mouth or often have a blocked nose? in my experience a lot of people pick up the habit of mouth breathing during puberty as they often have blocked noses at this time and poor sleeping habits from rapid growth, hormonal changes, bad dietary habits and fatigue, and the flow of oxygen and particles into the mouth as well as the strain on healthy cellular respiration from suboptimal breathing usually leads to bad breath as the bacteria of the mouth are in a more ideal environment to grow and multiply.

It's often a sign of subtle acidosis as well like ketosis during sleep, which can be caused by not eating enough or over-exertion etc. Most people i know on low sugar diets have bad breath. I have not have bad breath since eating more sugar especially sugar before bed though it took me some time to adjust to. Try washing your mouth with bicarbonate soda diluted into water before bed. It alkalises the mouth and can inhibit the growth of bacteria on the tongue and gums while you sleep

Thanks for your reply!
I know growing up I have often had sinus issues, when Ill I had blocked nose, sinuses, swollen tonsils etc...

I feel I don’t get that very much now, but I must still be mouth-breathing as my family says I snore sometimes...
How can I avoid breathing through my mouth though?

Last couple weeks I’ve had a sugar overload, overindulged on sweets etc & this week decided not too, & just stick to fewer refined sources, fruits, juice, honey...so could it be some sort of after affect/ withdrawal from lots of sugar previously?
Will try a spoon of honey before bed... Can you use anything else for mouth washes, like diluted ACV?

aliml

In Ayurveda, the Ama is a toxic substance caused by a decrease in the Agni (digestive fire). The Ama is responsible for bad taste in mouth, bad breath, white tongue, etc.

Strengthening the digestive fire (increasing stomach acid) helps reduce the Ama (bad breath).

OP
CosmicDancer444
In Ayurveda, the Ama is a toxic substance caused by a decrease in the Agni (digestive fire). The Ama is responsible for bad taste in mouth, bad breath, white tongue, etc.

Strengthening the digestive fire (increasing stomach acid) helps reduce the Ama (bad breath).

Thank you for this!

OP
CosmicDancer444

Could this be why I actually crave ginger quite often ?...

TheSir

The better your cellular oxygenation is, the more potent your saliva gets, and the cleaner your mouth will stay in turn. When I do enough Buteyko my tongue & teeth will remain clean and my mouth will not smell even if I slack with oral hygiene.

brocktoon

Sometimes I wake up with a bad taste in mouth, bad breath, white tongue mildly cracked down centre line.

Sometimes during the day I can get a recurring bad breath strike, but eating a mint etc doesn’t help; I often feel it’s coming from my stomach or an ‘empty’ feeling in my stomach.

What does this mean?
Is it all gut/digestion/oral hygiene/something other related?...

Could it be due to increased sugar & dairy intake or after effects of stopping Essential Oil use for about 1-2 weeks now?

Does oil pulling help?
What could be causing this & what can I do to prevent this? :)
I find that taping my mouth shut before bed to be helpful. I put one piece of medical tape vertically over the middle of my mouth, which can allow some air exchange out of the corners of my mouth if necessary. This encourages nasal breathing, cuts down on Foul Morning Mouth Syndrome, and somewhat improves my sleep quality.

aliml

Could this be why I actually crave ginger quite often ?...

May be!

Do you have nausea often? because ginger is anti-nausea.

Ginger is also good for gallbladder. Low stomach acid cause a sluggish bile flow.

OP
CosmicDancer444
I find that taping my mouth shut before bed to be helpful. I put one piece of medical tape vertically over the middle of my mouth, which can allow some air exchange out of the corners of my mouth if necessary. This encourages nasal breathing, cuts down on Foul Morning Mouth Syndrome, and somewhat improves my sleep quality.
I need to try this, thank you!

OP
CosmicDancer444
May be!

Do you have nausea often? because ginger is anti-nausea.

Ginger is also good for gallbladder. Low stomach acid cause a sluggish bile flow.
Yes, I usually experience nausea on my period.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals