Do You Believe In Detox ?

Nigluva

I was a street drug user for a long while. I took a lot of questionable street narcotics. It destroyed me so much i had to quit, mostly on my own with researching how to taper off and recover online, some medical intervention but their approaches are dated and often pretty brutal. It has been a long healing process. Why i used was complicated but it came back to feeling bad and not knowing how to fix it. I was an advocate of "health" food and good lifestyle on the surface as presented by popular culture, but when some negative events happened those surface level things weren't enough to help me and I nose dived into despair. If i had known then what i know now... cant dwell though.

Since stopping drugs and starting healing process, certain times of my life where I overcome certain "blocks" of healing like if I discover a food or supplement or therapy which helps, I sometimes experience weird effects. Last year I did a lot of coconut oil and I got pretty sick and had weird cystic eruptions. I did a fast for 9 days once and my breath was like burning toxic waste pit fumes. When I did one hour minimum of sauna a day I would feel so strange sometimes, brain zaps reminiscent of ecstacy comedowns from many years ago. And lately i have been upping coffee intake to 6-9 cups a day and i notice sometimes I feel like im experiencing some sort of opioid narcotic effect (i was an on and off again heroin and fentanyl etc addict for years), it comes with a headache and some really bile-rich bowel movements like my body is expelling something that was stored, maybe even the occasional chill and slight anxiety before it passes.

I have actually learned alot about why i chose to use opioids to assauge pain. This whole healing journey really has shone a light on why i felt so bad. Gosh, if i knew now what i knew then i could have coped with how i felt and instead of turning desperately to drugs for relief i could have used nutrition and healthy therapies as simple as breathing exercises, but alas...

Anyways i would just maybe like to hear from others. Im tired of people on reddit and even doctors telling me detox is an alt health scam. It is real. I think fats in body really do store toxins and when liberating them they can cause effects. coffee really does stimulate bile excretion, so i think im becoming efficient at removing toxins. I have not felt this good in a long time. My chronic pain issues are going, my nerve pain is all but dissapeared, i have energy to move my body properly. It is really something else. It is strange to think that just abandoning orthorexic diets and obsession with health foods according to popular culture and practicing breathing has made so much difference. I have run the gamut, vegan paleo, raw carnivore, keto. SAD, and it kind of seems Peat style eating and energy focussed outlook is the natural concluding point to the paradigms available to us. I was cold and hypo my entire life and finally feeling good is so amazing. Mentally i seem to cope with my thoughts better and i have now drawn distinct line from irritating my gut and having poor digestion, connecting that to mental illness. When my gut function is good i am stable and happy. Eat some industrial oil food or emulsifier and get ibs-d, here comes the dwelling on past mistakes and embarassments, depression. Etc.

When i feel warm i feel good. To feel warm i need to eat a lot of good food which doesnt irritate my gut. Its as simple as that really. Everything else falls into place after.

Last edited:

animalcule

Could you expand a bit on what you did to get to this point:

"It is strange to think that just abandoning orthorexic diets and obsession with health foods according to popular culture and practicing breathing has made so much difference. I have run the gamut, vegan paleo, raw carnivore, keto. SAD, and it kind of seems Peat style eating and energy focussed outlook is the natural concluding point to the paradigms available to us. I was cold and hypo my entire life and finally feeling good is so amazing. Mentally i seem to cope with my thoughts better and i have now drawn distinct line from irritating my gut and having poor digestion, connecting that to mental illness. When my gut function is good i am stable and happy. Eat some industrial oil food or emulsifier and get ibs-d, here comes the dwelling on past mistakes and embarassments, depression. Etc."

I'm trying to come off of the carnivore diet (actually I have been off it for 8-9 months now) and it's going horribly. Never been so depressed eating these foods. Everything bothers my gut...

rei

Detox is a very real thing, but to determine if it is detoxing or something else is tricky without labs etc.

Anyone with access to lab can go and detox using this simple formula: Start consuming enough iodine and you will excrete ungodly amounts of bromine for quite some time. It's pretty much impossible to not be full of bromine living in modern western society, unless you have been supplementing iodine since birth.

Liberated bromine probably accounts for a large part of the adverse effects of "overdosing" iodine.

Korven

Could you expand a bit on what you did to get to this point:

"It is strange to think that just abandoning orthorexic diets and obsession with health foods according to popular culture and practicing breathing has made so much difference. I have run the gamut, vegan paleo, raw carnivore, keto. SAD, and it kind of seems Peat style eating and energy focussed outlook is the natural concluding point to the paradigms available to us. I was cold and hypo my entire life and finally feeling good is so amazing. Mentally i seem to cope with my thoughts better and i have now drawn distinct line from irritating my gut and having poor digestion, connecting that to mental illness. When my gut function is good i am stable and happy. Eat some industrial oil food or emulsifier and get ibs-d, here comes the dwelling on past mistakes and embarassments, depression. Etc."

I'm trying to come off of the carnivore diet (actually I have been off it for 8-9 months now) and it's going horribly. Never been so depressed eating these foods. Everything bothers my gut...

What foods have you reintroduced since coming off carnivore?

Milk, honey, fresh fruit juices are very gut friendly and will help supply the energy and nutrition needed for repair, cell turnover etc as well as better thyroid function. If you have been chronically undereating (which is very likely on carnivore) then it can take some time for digestive juices and peristalsis to get going again and there may be some initial discomfort

Detox is a very real thing, but to determine if it is detoxing or something else is tricky without labs etc.

Anyone with access to lab can go and detox using this simple formula: Start consuming enough iodine and you will excrete ungodly amounts of bromine for quite some time. It's pretty much impossible to not be full of bromine living in modern western society, unless you have been supplementing iodine since birth.

Liberated bromine probably accounts for a large part of the adverse effects of "overdosing" iodine.

i heard that before,but did you came across anyone who showed labresults,the bromine detox?

animalcule

What foods have you reintroduced since coming off carnivore?

Milk, honey, fresh fruit juices are very gut friendly and will help supply the energy and nutrition needed for repair, cell turnover etc as well as better thyroid function. If you have been chronically undereating (which is very likely on carnivore) then it can take some time for digestive juices and peristalsis to get going again and there may be some initial discomfort

I reintroduced rice, nightshades, dairy (in the form of cheese, off and on), sugar, maple syrup, chocolate, berries, some other fruits, limited vegetables (no leafy greens), roots and tubers, nuts... Pretty much everything but eggs, wheat, gluten containing grains, and legumes.

At my lowest on carnivore, I weighed 124. I have since gained 40 lbs. While I was definitely undereating on carnivore, I certainly am not undereating now. The trouble is finding a diet that gives me energy and vigor that isn't too restrictive but also doesn't cause me to balloon like a whale. Current "all-in" diet isn't working.

Korven

I reintroduced rice, nightshades, dairy (in the form of cheese, off and on), sugar, maple syrup, chocolate, berries, some other fruits, limited vegetables (no leafy greens), roots and tubers, nuts... Pretty much everything but eggs, wheat, gluten containing grains, and legumes.

At my lowest on carnivore, I weighed 124. I have since gained 40 lbs. While I was definitely undereating on carnivore, I certainly am not undereating now. The trouble is finding a diet that gives me energy and vigor that isn't too restrictive but also doesn't cause me to balloon like a whale. Current "all-in" diet isn't working.

Good to hear that you've gained weight back!

IMO when struggling with health issues being too skinny is way worse than being on the chubby side. I've been trying to put weight back on after veganism seriously messed up my digestive abilities and I know it can be a real struggle to eat enough. "Kelj" on here has some very good posts on the detrimental effects of calorie restriction, though she does favour an all-in approach which I'm not completely sure about yet.

Ever experimented with a low/zero fiber diet? Since I completely eliminated starch my health has improved in ways I could never imagine. When I try to reintroduce lots of potatoes, pasta, oatmeal etc, I get bloating and feel horrible.

rei

i heard that before,but did you came across anyone who showed labresults,the bromine detox?
I have not read a published study fidning so. But i have seen more than numerous results posted online. I have personally experienced it in the form of a bromine rash. (unless you want to speculate it was a iodine rash)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals