1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

How Do You Get Enough Sugar On Dairy-free Diet?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Lenny, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Lenny

Lenny Member

Having a bit of a hard time adding sugars in my diet (non-dairy).

Currently im adding white sugar to my orrangejuice and coffee. Besides this I eat fruit sometimes. Are there any other good ways to get more sugar in the diet?

With 1.5l of o.j each day i'd add about 150 grams of sugars to o.j and coffee but sometimes i still crave sugar..

Any secrets you guys have?

Have tried limonade but it is full with additives and it doesnt feel good.

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

For concentrated sugar sources, I like medjool dates, dried figs and dried mangos. I eat the dates straight from the freezer — they remind me of a chewy caramel when frozen.

3. Cameron

Cameron Member

Making sauce for shrimp and meat with a couple table spoons of honey and siracha. You could also add a little white sugar and it’s a delish homemade sweet spicy sauce.

4. OP
    Lenny

Lenny Member

I believe ray is against eating dried fruits.

5. OP
    Lenny

Lenny Member

Oh that sounds good I might try it.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Do you experience digestive distress with dried fruit? Ray told me dates may cause gas, but I'm not sure about the other two. None of them give me gas or any other digestive issues so I figure they're fine for me to have. Another option similar to what Cameron suggested is fruit molasses. I used to put it on meat. I purchased it off of Amazon.

7. postman

postman Member

Why not just eat more high calorie fruits like oranges and melons? If you tolerate them well

3-5 oranges and some protein and fat, that's a meal. Or just eat as many as you need to satisfy your sugar craving. Coca cola is an easy way to add some white sugar.

8. Cameron

Cameron Member

Juicing a few fresh oranges with each meal is always a great way to make sure your liver stores are always in top shape. By the end of the day just go by craving if needed add a little white sugar the the oj or protein as a supplement “if needed.”

9. OP
    Lenny

Lenny Member

No I dont but I think dried fuits contain starch, but im not sure about it. I heard ray talk about dried fruits on youtube and he didn't recommend eating them.

Yes adding fruits does a lot. I was looking more for something that can be added to sugar. For example; milk tastes great when sugars are added. You can also make icecream with it. Right now I eat and juice fruits and might add some white sugar to them. I was hoping to find some easy ways to add more sugar in the diet.