Bad GI Inflammation --stool only a few centimeters thick, anxiety, uninterested in everything

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking if you don't mind me asking, do you also take other B vitamins with Thiamine hcl?
as I've heard high dose thiamine can deplete other b vitamins (I want to say it's B2...but I'm not sure at the top of my head).

And why is Thiamine hcl favored,as I've heard it has a poor absorption, compared to other forms like Benfotiamine for instance?
Yes, I take other b vitamins; B2 (riboflavin), biotin, niacinamide. I had some liquid low dose b6, but I ran out. I also take magnesium glycinate, pregnenolone, progesterone, K2, D3, selenium and ground eggshell for the calcium. I also take prescription thyroid medication, NP Thyroid by Acella; optimized dose, found with the help of a great endocrinologist.

I found thiamine hcl to be the best for me. It works and it resolved my glutathione deficiency. My mercury toxicity had depleted my glutathione. Because of that, I could not tolerate TTFD thiamine. I haven't ever taken Benfotiamine so I have no opinion. I did try the sublingual mononitrate thiamine and it did work, but I went back to the thiamine hcl because I know what my optimum dose for it is (1 gram, 2Xday, based on my weight). I'm following Dr. Costantini's protocol.

Thiamine hcl does have a poor absorption rate, so the dose is higher, but the cost for the pure bulk powder is very reasonable. According to Dr. Costantini, thiamine hcl gets through the blood/brain/barrier just fine if the system is flooded with it. I've gotten well by taking it, including my brain symptoms. I probably could tolerate the TTFD thiamine now, but I'm OK with the thiamine hcl so I'm in no hurry to switch. I got used to the taste. My husband takes TTFD capsules because he thinks thiamine hcl tastes awful. He is doing well on the TTFD.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Great thanks, sounds like I should at least try it for a few months. Were you eating a lot of white sugar? I notice that orange juice bumps up the daily B1 numbers by a lot, whereas other fruit juices and white sugar don't. Another factor to add to orange juices' myriad of benefits.
I was not eating a lot of white sugar. I was drinking a lot of milk (lactose=milk sugar) and I was drinking about a quart of OJ daily. I also put about 1 tablespoon of sugar in my 18 oz of milk. That doesn't seem to me to be a LOT of sugar.

The problem in today's world is the amount of toxins and other inflammatory things we are exposed to constantly (including PUFA). These things increase the need for thiamine. I have mercury poisoning; it causes lots of body stress and makes me need more thiamine to deal with what it does. I've found major improvement since taking high dose thiamine hcl.

Here's a great video about thiamine that you may find helpful. Dr. Marrs prefers TTFD to thiamine hcl. If you can tolerate it, great! But I couldn't tolerate it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1SSKBZp8D8

Dutchie

Yes, I take other b vitamins; B2 (riboflavin), biotin, niacinamide. I had some liquid low dose b6, but I ran out. I also take magnesium glycinate, pregnenolone, progesterone, K2, D3, selenium and ground eggshell for the calcium. I also take prescription thyroid medication, NP Thyroid by Acella; optimized dose, found with the help of a great endocrinologist.

I found thiamine hcl to be the best for me. It works and it resolved my glutathione deficiency. My mercury toxicity had depleted my glutathione. Because of that, I could not tolerate TTFD thiamine. I haven't ever taken Benfotiamine so I have no opinion. I did try the sublingual mononitrate thiamine and it did work, but I went back to the thiamine hcl because I know what my optimum dose for it is (1 gram, 2Xday, based on my weight). I'm following Dr. Costantini's protocol.

Thiamine hcl does have a poor absorption rate, so the dose is higher, but the cost for the pure bulk powder is very reasonable. According to Dr. Costantini, thiamine hcl gets through the blood/brain/barrier just fine if the system is flooded with it. I've gotten well by taking it, including my brain symptoms. I probably could tolerate the TTFD thiamine now, but I'm OK with the thiamine hcl so I'm in no hurry to switch. I got used to the taste. My husband takes TTFD capsules because he thinks thiamine hcl tastes awful. He is doing well on the TTFD.
Thanks for your detailed reply👍

OP
S

Seb

Forum Supporter
I was not eating a lot of white sugar. I was drinking a lot of milk (lactose=milk sugar) and I was drinking about a quart of OJ daily. I also put about 1 tablespoon of sugar in my 18 oz of milk. That doesn't seem to me to be a LOT of sugar.

The problem in today's world is the amount of toxins and other inflammatory things we are exposed to constantly (including PUFA). These things increase the need for thiamine. I have mercury poisoning; it causes lots of body stress and makes me need more thiamine to deal with what it does. I've found major improvement since taking high dose thiamine hcl.

Here's a great video about thiamine that you may find helpful. Dr. Marrs prefers TTFD to thiamine hcl. If you can tolerate it, great! But I couldn't tolerate it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1SSKBZp8D8

Thank you.

sixers

@Seb How are you doing these days? Also, curious if you have tried vitamin E. I am currently trying it based on the experience I had (similar to yours) with iodine. The idea is that it is an important antioxidant for protecting the thyroid which could be depleted by the reactive oxygen species from iodine. I haven't gotten any conclusive results yet though.

I have been feeling that the iodine sensitivty piece should really be the giveaway for what the specific problem is.

OP
S

Seb

Forum Supporter
@Seb How are you doing these days? Also, curious if you have tried vitamin E. I am currently trying it based on the experience I had (similar to yours) with iodine. The idea is that it is an important antioxidant for protecting the thyroid which could be depleted by the reactive oxygen species from iodine. I haven't gotten any conclusive results yet though.

I have been feeling that the iodine sensitivty piece should really be the giveaway for what the specific problem is.
Hey sixers thanks for checking in. I’m still not doing good but I think I am moving in the right direction. I am trying another round of antibiotics and flowers of sulfur. I was immobile the whole weekend felt like I had a flu I believe it is a herx reaction. Vitamin E didn’t do anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals