Need Help : Is A Taurine Withdrawal Possible ? Or Everything Come From Bad Digestion ? How To Deal ?

LoLo

Hello everybody,

I posted two months ago about my sudden panic attacks. I wrote it when I was very bad so I will try to be more precise now that I have a bit of distance.

So I try to follow Peat's advices since this year. I read a lot this forum, too. It's the only forum I read because I love the people's ideas here.

I'm a young male, 25 years old, university student.

2 1/2 months ago I began to have a lot of gut problems, as I was trying to incorporate a lot of milk. I was always bloated: after eating but also on wake up. I read the benefic effects of taurine and began to take a lot as I was having very good results with it. I took 15 grams everyday and some days even 30. This created I think more digestive problems.

2 months ago I decided to stop taurine and to concentrate on a gut-friendly diet. On the same day, around 3 o clock, I was studying at home and I had my first panic attack (the very first was actually when I woke up from surgery in february this year, but after a few days I was fine). I went to the ER as I believe I was dying.

during 2 weeks, I was very bad thinking I was very ill and that I would dying. I was totally depressed crying all time without apparent reasons.

1 month ago I went to the ER for my very bloated stomach. They found that I was very very very constipated and they made me an enema. I was very fine for the evening and the morning after. They gave me laxatives and after the first diarrhea, very acidic and painful, I was very bad one more time.

Until this time, I have anxiety problems. Lot of constant chest pain, extreme fatigue but difficulty sleeping. Lot of pain in legs. Lots of muscle weakness. I had to stop sport and it's very difficult to work (every afternoons on a construction site). It's impossible to concentrate, so I can't study and if I can't resume my studies within 10 days, I can say bye bye to university for this year. It's my last year, I had to finish Master in July but I can't if I don't find a solution. It's really strange but I assure you that after 1 hour study I feel like dying. If I drink a coffee, oh my god my heart will begin to speed up and I will feel very bad.

I think everything is from gut problems but laxatives doesn't work. I am always bloated and with lower abdominal pain. I did a lot of medical exams and they say me everything is ok.

Things I tried :

- Taurine (from another brand) : up to 5 grams a day. Good initial results but then like a depressed feeling.
- Glycine : bad bloating and nausea.
- Lysine : up to 6 grams a day. Three grams a day for a week was very good for my non-existant libido, but nothing else. On the higher side, diarrhea and stomach pains.
- Niacinamide : very bad headache and nausea. Feeling very depressed after a few hours.
- Thiamine : very good for energy but only at higher dosages. And with higher dosages come bloating.
- Theanine : very good for sleeping, but if I take it during the day, it's like if I'm drunk.
- Aspirin : sometimes nothing sometimes very good, but I'm afraid that it will cause more harm to my intestines.

What could I do now ? Do you think this dizziness and extreme fatigue come from my gut? Is it possible that it's a taurine withdrawal ? I don't think so but: as taurine is a gaba agonist I don't know if I'm experiencing Gaba downregulation ?

If you read all of that thank you a lot.

I will be very happy to hear your suggestions. I'm not afraid for my health but I really don't undestand, neither doctors do. And I don't know what to do.

Thanks everybody at this point your help is precious!

javacody

I don't think I can really help other than to suggest you read about serotonin in the gut and reducing it.

And to say I empathize with what you're going through. I'm experiencing a lot of brain fog and extreme fatigue myself.

Vinero

My advice you is to stop all supplements. Especially the taurine, that stuff gave me some similar problems you are describing. Something is irritating your intestines, causing elevated serotonin. having panic attacks when you are 25 is not normal. I read in another thread that almost all commercial taurine supplments contain silicon dioxide even if it states 100% pure taurine powder. Most taurine and magnesium supplements give me anxiety and stomach cramps. That's with pure taurine powder and pure magnesium glycinate powder, hence why I totally avoid them lately and my mood is much calmer since dropping them. Even though they are supposed to help mood ironically. Megadosing vitamins and minerals is totally unnatural and not essential for good health. It might do more harm than good because of the toxic fillers and stomach irritation.

Focus on more on the basics such as food, instead of supplements. Eat more solid food. Don't drink milk or other fluids if you aren't thirsty. Too much fluid is also an irritant to your intestines. Ray said in one of his interviews that even a slight excess of water in the intestines causes serotonin release.

tara

If you want something ongoing to help prevent recurrences of [edit:]CONSTIPATION, Peat sometimes recommends well-aged cascara sagrada. If you take too much it can give diarrhea. If that happens you can try with less. It looks as though you are eating a fairly low-fibre diet. Some people find low-fibre works great. Some people seem to need a bit of help to keep things moving when they reduce the fibre a lot.
Personally, I seldom get severe constipation, but sometimes get it mildly in conjunction with my other issues. Lately I've been boiling the contents of one cascara sagrada capsule to make a cup of tea every second day, and drinking a little a couple of times a day, so it takes me 2 days to drink it. I think it's been helpful. Some people need more, some less.

SQu

There is a thread called something like "20 questions with peat" that peat answered. Early on was a question on panic attacks and he gave a detailed reply. That might help.

Try to put some salt in your coffee. And don't drink milk unless you have a very warm temperature.

Gl;itch.e

Well high doses of an isolated amino acid could be a problem. Peat talks about possible contaminants having an effect. I have managed up to 15g a day of taurine (now foods brand)with no problems. I definitely feel better when "on" taurine than when off but nothing major or depressive.

natedawggh

LoLo said:
Hello everybody,

I posted two months ago about my sudden panic attacks. I wrote it when I was very bad so I will try to be more precise now that I have a bit of distance.

So I try to follow Peat's advices since this year. I read a lot this forum, too. It's the only forum I read because I love the people's ideas here.

I'm a young male, 25 years old, university student.

2 1/2 months ago I began to have a lot of gut problems, as I was trying to incorporate a lot of milk. I was always bloated: after eating but also on wake up. I read the benefic effects of taurine and began to take a lot as I was having very good results with it. I took 15 grams everyday and some days even 30. This created I think more digestive problems.

2 months ago I decided to stop taurine and to concentrate on a gut-friendly diet. On the same day, around 3 o clock, I was studying at home and I had my first panic attack (the very first was actually when I woke up from surgery in february this year, but after a few days I was fine). I went to the ER as I believe I was dying.

during 2 weeks, I was very bad thinking I was very ill and that I would dying. I was totally depressed crying all time without apparent reasons.

1 month ago I went to the ER for my very bloated stomach. They found that I was very very very constipated and they made me an enema. I was very fine for the evening and the morning after. They gave me laxatives and after the first diarrhea, very acidic and painful, I was very bad one more time.

Until this time, I have anxiety problems. Lot of constant chest pain, extreme fatigue but difficulty sleeping. Lot of pain in legs. Lots of muscle weakness. I had to stop sport and it's very difficult to work (every afternoons on a construction site). It's impossible to concentrate, so I can't study and if I can't resume my studies within 10 days, I can say bye bye to university for this year. It's my last year, I had to finish Master in July but I can't if I don't find a solution. It's really strange but I assure you that after 1 hour study I feel like dying. If I drink a coffee, oh my god my heart will begin to speed up and I will feel very bad.

I think everything is from gut problems but laxatives doesn't work. I am always bloated and with lower abdominal pain. I did a lot of medical exams and they say me everything is ok.

Things I tried :

- Taurine (from another brand) : up to 5 grams a day. Good initial results but then like a depressed feeling.
- Glycine : bad bloating and nausea.
- Lysine : up to 6 grams a day. Three grams a day for a week was very good for my non-existant libido, but nothing else. On the higher side, diarrhea and stomach pains.
- Niacinamide : very bad headache and nausea. Feeling very depressed after a few hours.
- Thiamine : very good for energy but only at higher dosages. And with higher dosages come bloating.
- Theanine : very good for sleeping, but if I take it during the day, it's like if I'm drunk.
- Aspirin : sometimes nothing sometimes very good, but I'm afraid that it will cause more harm to my intestines.

What could I do now ? Do you think this dizziness and extreme fatigue come from my gut? Is it possible that it's a taurine withdrawal ? I don't think so but: as taurine is a gaba agonist I don't know if I'm experiencing Gaba downregulation ?

If you read all of that thank you a lot.

I will be very happy to hear your suggestions. I'm not afraid for my health but I really don't undestand, neither doctors do. And I don't know what to do.

Thanks everybody at this point your help is precious!

Hi lolo,

yes that is too much taurine. It is dangerous to over-supplement individual amino acids. That being said, you sound like you are doing the extremes of both options—either huge amounts or none at all. Just take 500mg-1g of taurine a day. Taurine is good for energy but you DO NOT need a lot of it, as it is very strong, and taking too much can offset other important amino acids.

Panic attacks are probably caused by the conditions of high cortisol, low co2, and high serotonin and/or prolactin. The best way to "fix" your panic attacks is to adopt a wholesome, well rounded diet that focuses on an excess of fresh fruit, plenty of protein (especially sources low in tryptophan like cheese, casein, and shellfish. Someone your age and male should bet getting a minimum of 100g of protein a day. It is better to get vitamins and minerals from whole foods, so if you focus on eating well, even if you don't feel like it, you will see an improvement.

The tryptophan in milk was converting immediately to serotonin. That is what causes the bloating (I've suffered that too). I take lysine to help combat this (.5-1.5g a day at most). But you can also minimize this by taking casein, which is low in tryptophan and imroving your metabolic rate. When your body has high temperature/high metaboslim you convert tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin. So taking coffee, carbs, protein, high calcium (1.5-2.5 g from natural sources) and a good general B vitamin (good meaning low in additives like silica) your body will automatically reduce serotonin.

IF YOU ARE DRINKING ALCOHOL OR SMOKING WEED (or other drugs). NONE OF THIS WILL HELP, so keep that in mind.

OP
L

LoLo

Thanks for the suggestions. I couldn't pass my exams and I move them to october 2015 hoping I can concentrate better, as before. I m not angry because I think following some of Peat ideas show to myself the underlying problems I have that were causing some "minor" troubles that became more and more with years, like hay fever, osteoporosis (4 knee surgeries in the 9 last years), libido problems since 1 year and difficulty to build muscles etc. I m just hoping I will be better these following weeks because I need to finish university. So now I m always bloated and constipated. I had a few days where I was full of energy, but I don't know why, perhaps it was from the laxatives I was taken, 2 or 3 in a day. But I don't want to depend on these.

It's literally impossible to drink coffee at the moment. I m Italian and I looove coffee, I used to drink between 3 and 10 espresso cups a day without a problem. Now I can't tolerate even one, my stomach hurts and I became very stressed with large dark circles under eyes.

I always have to find a pharmacy who has cascara sagrada.

Doctor prescribes me a medication called Librax : chlordiazepoxide HCI and clidinium bromide. What do you think about it? He said that everything comes from stress, because everything else seems okay. Personally I think stress comes from gut problems.I feel very hypothyroid but he says thyroid was good.

I took it just for one day and it makes me very sleepy and depressed. I slept a lot that night but woke up heavily depressed. I m normally not a depressed person, but this situation is very special and I don't know what to do.

I stopped all the supplements, I just take 2 or 3 grams of lysine because it keeps a bit of libido and erection quality. If it was not for the lysine I think I could survive without sex these last 2 and a half months. But I have an amazing girlfriend. This is clearly the most awful part of my life, and if I accept it, I think I cannot live like this for one month more without ameliorations. Lot of brain fog and "eye fog" too.

I think, but I m not sure, that salt somewhat help, but only in megadoses, like three tablespoons. Only problem is that the taste is awful so it's difficult to keep eating or drinking it.

Tomorrow I will receive an infrared Led 850nm and I hope this could bring back some good digestion and energy as I find I m going to collapse.Hope is high with this one.

I should go on holidays in 10 days but I have to drive for 10 hours and I think this is not gonna be possible even if normally for me its pure pleasure.

So if you have other ideas thanks to write them.

tara

Stress can come from many things, including malnutrition, environmental conditions, and life stresses.

Do you have the numbers from the thyroid tests? Doctors often interpret these differently than Peat would.
Have you tracked body temp and resting pulse for a week or two? At first waking, an hour or so after breakfast, and sometime in the afternoon can be interesting. How much are you eating?

Peat usually recommends salt to taste, not so much it tastes terrible.

If you have been running on stress hormones a lot, then any tactics that reduce the stress hormones may make you feel tired - letting you know you need sleep and rest to recover and/or letting you know that thyroid function is a bit low.

I guess if you are working in construction you are getting some sunshine daily?

Have you tried the bag-breathing a few times a day to help counter panic attacks?

tomisonbottom

The tryptophan in milk was converting immediately to serotonin. That is what causes the bloating (I've suffered that too). I take lysine to help combat this (.5-1.5g a day at most). But you can also minimize this by taking casein, which is low in tryptophan and imroving your metabolic rate. When your body has high temperature/high metaboslim you convert tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin. So taking coffee, carbs, protein, high calcium (1.5-2.5 g from natural sources) and a good general B vitamin (good meaning low in additives like silica) your body will automatically reduce serotonin..

How did you come up with that Lysine dosage?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals