How I Have Practically Cured My Case Of Brain Fog

Hey whats up - recently have had huge breakthroughs with brain fog which I have dealt with for the last three years!!! lol, but what I am looking to do is share my experience and my theories as to why I believe I got brain fog and what I have done to cure mine. I don't want to say that I have 100% eradicated it however, I believe it to be 85-90% gone now.

Backstory & Theory

Okay so first things first - my brain fog slowly crept up in the beginning and then got extremely heavy and then cooled off and plateaued at a certain level and it was always there and annoying to have while functioning in day to day life, it would retard my mental function and I was always a second or two behind in conversation which I value extremely - being able to be charismatic, fun and connecting.

During the time the brain fog began I searched for answers and found Peats work - it helped me to feel the best I ever felt however the brain fog was still there. I took the everything but the kitchen sink approach and took all kinds of supplements - thyroid, glycine, dhea, pregnenolone, lisuride, ritanserin, pansterone, lol the list goes on.

The one thing I never really focused on however was my gut, or more so looking more deeply into if the brain fog was correlated here, and I wish I would of sooner because this is where my answer lies. The moment I realized this is when I first took penicilin and it blunted my brain fog, didn't completely get rid of it but it took a lot of it away and it was so ******* liberating to finally have some clarity. I didn't connect two and two until later - (which is recent), so I have some amoxicillin and some sulfa laying around from a time I had a lymph inflamation a year or two earlier (huge hint here i feel like lol, but of course i disregarded it lol). And I take the amoxicillian and the next day I woke up my brain fog took a huge hit , much deeper than the penicillin. Viola I have found the problem. So from here I go buy Black Walnut extract tincture + Pao D'Arco tincture. I am currently at the combination of black walnut + pau d arco + an antibiotic and am feeling decently well.

My theory is that the whole reason that I have been sick this entire time is due to some type of bacteria that resided in my system, where exactly I have no idea, but I believe this to be the root issue of my sickness and it was the one place I never looked. I believe that my gut was disorientated pretty bad and I will have a confirmation of this soon as I recently sent in a stool sample to have a GI map conducted. For those interested in this it is called a GI map from: GI-MAP™ - GI Microbial Assay Plus

So here we are now feeling decently well in terms of brain fog below I am going to list all the things I have taken and felt in effectiveness to remove brain fog. I feel like the most critical in my case is antibiotics and cleaning out my gut with the tinctures.

Supplements / Solutions That Helped Remove Brain Fog

Antibiotics - Penecillin, Amoxicillian 875mg , Sulfa/Trimeth 800mg/160mg
Methelyene Blue - 1MG
NAC 750mg x 2 Daily until effect wore off - take with food to avoid weird feeling
Thyroid - NDT & Tyromix
Aspirin 2 Tablets 3x Daily - (I regret doing my experiment with aspirin, I believe I messed my kidneys up taking 7g daily for about a week)
Kidney Supplements - Renafood and KDIR
Vitamin K2 - 5MG
Lisuride
Quality Sleep - Ritanserin or Progesterone + Pansterone 1 drop each before bed
Hyperbaric Oxygen
Coffee Enemas
Infared Sauna
Red Light
Removing Coffee from diet at times - after drinking coffee I would experience some clarity but then a crash and then an increase in brain fog and slower mental function
Not taking Nicianmide - Niacinmide would make my brain fog worse sometimes - taking 500mg would cause a huge flare up for me

Anyways I want to write this to help others maybe expedite the process if they are lingering where I did. Lol it sucked and I feel like I wasted a solid 2.5 years of my life dealing with this. If you have brain fog hang in there I know it sucks and its not fun and people will tell you its all a mental thing and in your head lol. But I wish you well on your journey and hope you find a resolution soon.

DaveFoster

My theory is that the whole reason that I have been sick this entire time is due to some type of bacteria that resided in my system, where exactly I have no idea, but I believe this to be the root issue of my sickness and it was the one place I never looked. I believe that my gut was disorientated pretty bad and I will have a confirmation of this soon as I recently sent in a stool sample to have a GI map conducted. For those interested in this it is called a GI map from: GI-MAP™ - GI Microbial Assay Plus
Many people struggle with brain fog, and hopefully they will find some insight in your post. It's good to hear that you've found something outside of pharmaceuticals, lisuride withstanding that works for you. Hippocrates said that "all disease begins in the gut."

Aspirin 2 Tablets 3x Daily - (I regret doing my experiment with aspirin, I believe I messed my kidneys up taking 7g daily for about a week)
Regarding your excessive intake of aspirin, there's a study by Wahul et al. where researchers tracked the tracked recovery of 15 patients with acute kidney injured induced by NSAIDs (naproxen or ibuprofen). All but one patient recovered fully in under three and a half months (105 days), and most recovered within two months. The most severe case involved a patient with nephrotic syndrome (damage to the kidney's blood vessels), who fully recovered without the use of steroids after five months, and he remained in remission for at least four years thereafter. One of the patients required steroid therapy, so lab tests and possibly a kidney biopsy all under a doctor's supervision could identify any serious damage.

"In the United States non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) are freely available over-the-counter. Because of the adverse effects on the kidneys and the popularity of these drugs, unregulated use of NSAIDs is an under recognized and potentially dangerous problem. Fifteen inpatients, mean age of 15.2 ± 2.3 years (five males, 10 females), were referred to nephrology for acute kidney injury. All patients admitted to taking ibuprofen and six also consumed naproxen. None of the patients had underlying renal diseases at the time of admission. Nine patients had proteinuria and 12 had hematuria (including one with gross hematuria). One patient had nephrotic syndrome but the condition resolved spontaneously without steroids and has remained in remission for four years. Two patients required dialysis. Only one of the dialyzed patients required steroid therapy for recovery of renal function. The mean duration of hospitalization was 7.4 ± 5.5 days. The serum creatinine peaked at 4.09 ± 4.24 (range 1.2-15.3) mg/dL. All patients recovered renal function with normalization of serum creatinine to 0.71 ± 0.15 mg/dL. The estimated GFR (glomerular filtration rate) at peak of renal failure was 38.2 ± 20.5 mL/min but did improve to a baseline of 134 ± 26.2 mL/min (range 89-177, p < 0.01). However, the duration from onset to normalization of serum creatinine was 37 ± 42 days indicating that majority of patients had abnormal renal function for a prolonged period. In conclusion, NSAIDs pose a significant risk of renal failure for significant duration and as an entity may be under recognized."

PubMed Link: Significant Acute Kidney Injury Due to Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs: Inpatient Setting

Last edited:

danielbb

Many people struggle with brain fog, and hopefully they will find some insight in your post. It's good to hear that you've found something outside of pharmaceuticals, lisuride withstanding that works for you. Hippocrates said that "all disease begins in the gut."

Regarding your excessive intake of aspirin, there's a study by Wahul et al. where researchers tracked the tracked recovery of 15 patients with acute kidney injured induced by NSAIDs (naproxen or ibuprofen). All but one patient recovered fully in under three and a half months (105 days), and most recovered within two months. The most severe case involved a patient with nephrotic syndrome (damage to the kidney's blood vessels), who fully recovered without the use of steroids after five months, and he remained in remission for at least four years thereafter. One of the patients required steroid therapy, so lab tests and possibly a kidney biopsy all under a doctor's supervision could identify any serious damage.

"In the United States non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) are freely available over-the-counter. Because of the adverse effects on the kidneys and the popularity of these drugs, unregulated use of NSAIDs is an under recognized and potentially dangerous problem. Fifteen inpatients, mean age of 15.2 ± 2.3 years (five males, 10 females), were referred to nephrology for acute kidney injury. All patients admitted to taking ibuprofen and six also consumed naproxen. None of the patients had underlying renal diseases at the time of admission. Nine patients had proteinuria and 12 had hematuria (including one with gross hematuria). One patient had nephrotic syndrome but the condition resolved spontaneously without steroids and has remained in remission for four years. Two patients required dialysis. Only one of the dialyzed patients required steroid therapy for recovery of renal function. The mean duration of hospitalization was 7.4 ± 5.5 days. The serum creatinine peaked at 4.09 ± 4.24 (range 1.2-15.3) mg/dL. All patients recovered renal function with normalization of serum creatinine to 0.71 ± 0.15 mg/dL. The estimated GFR (glomerular filtration rate) at peak of renal failure was 38.2 ± 20.5 mL/min but did improve to a baseline of 134 ± 26.2 mL/min (range 89-177, p < 0.01). However, the duration from onset to normalization of serum creatinine was 37 ± 42 days indicating that majority of patients had abnormal renal function for a prolonged period. In conclusion, NSAIDs pose a significant risk of renal failure for significant duration and as an entity may be under recognized."

PubMed Link: Significant Acute Kidney Injury Due to Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs: Inpatient Setting
Good post @DaveFoster. At my physical a few weeks ago, my Doctor noticed my creatinine levels had increased since my last blood test a year ago to the far end of the healthy range. He asked me if I was taking aspirin and I told him I was and he told me to stop doing that for the exact reasons you have posted. I was taking 2 to 4 325 mg aspirins per day and one thing I noticed I was urinating all the time at that dosage. My doctor said 81 mg was safe and that is what I am doing now. The frequent urinations have also stopped.

danielbb

Good post @Elchapchapchapo. I agree with your theory 100% that brain issues like brain fog and other diseases like depression are inflammatory reactions caused in the gut. This is based off of anecdotal evidence of one - my own personal experience. Ray Peat mentioned in one of his video clips that runny nose is caused by an inflammatory reaction in your bowels. It never occurred to me that things happening in your head could be caused by what was going on in your gut. So I started trouble-shooting my diet. I found that when I removed starch, as in flour, that my runny nose went away. A couple of weeks after my runny nose went away, I noticed depression had left me and I have suffered from my whole life. Even negative thoughts have left me. My diet consists mostly of milk, OJ, fruit, some red meat, gelatin, and well-cooked mashed potatoes. Over time, brain fog has left me as well and I have no doubts it is related to improved gut health because I always had it in the past like you did. I have since experimented with non-enriched flours and European flours and they seem to be relatively safe although I do not eat much flour anymore.

As far as supplements - I am now at 1 mg K2 per day, 81 mg aspirin, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 500 mg niacinamide powder spaced throughout the day. None of those supplements however cured my brain fog and other mental/mood issues. I believe it was simply restoring gut health with the simple/basic natural foods I mentioned. I now use Red Light as well but again, it was long after the brain issues went away.

Jackrabbit

Hey whats up - recently have had huge breakthroughs with brain fog which I have dealt with for the last three years!!! lol, but what I am looking to do is share my experience and my theories as to why I believe I got brain fog and what I have done to cure mine. I don't want to say that I have 100% eradicated it however, I believe it to be 85-90% gone now.

Backstory & Theory

Okay so first things first - my brain fog slowly crept up in the beginning and then got extremely heavy and then cooled off and plateaued at a certain level and it was always there and annoying to have while functioning in day to day life, it would retard my mental function and I was always a second or two behind in conversation which I value extremely - being able to be charismatic, fun and connecting.

During the time the brain fog began I searched for answers and found Peats work - it helped me to feel the best I ever felt however the brain fog was still there. I took the everything but the kitchen sink approach and took all kinds of supplements - thyroid, glycine, dhea, pregnenolone, lisuride, ritanserin, pansterone, lol the list goes on.

The one thing I never really focused on however was my gut, or more so looking more deeply into if the brain fog was correlated here, and I wish I would of sooner because this is where my answer lies. The moment I realized this is when I first took penicilin and it blunted my brain fog, didn't completely get rid of it but it took a lot of it away and it was so ******* liberating to finally have some clarity. I didn't connect two and two until later - (which is recent), so I have some amoxicillin and some sulfa laying around from a time I had a lymph inflamation a year or two earlier (huge hint here i feel like lol, but of course i disregarded it lol). And I take the amoxicillian and the next day I woke up my brain fog took a huge hit , much deeper than the penicillin. Viola I have found the problem. So from here I go buy Black Walnut extract tincture + Pao D'Arco tincture. I am currently at the combination of black walnut + pau d arco + an antibiotic and am feeling decently well.

So here we are now feeling decently well in terms of brain fog below I am going to list all the things I have taken and felt in effectiveness to remove brain fog. I feel like the most critical in my case is antibiotics and cleaning out my gut with the tinctures.

Methelyene Blue - 1MG
NAC 750mg x 2 Daily until effect wore off - take with food to avoid weird feeling
Thyroid - NDT & Tyromix
Vitamin K2 - 5MG
Lisuride
Hyperbaric Oxygen
Coffee Enemas
Infared Sauna
Red Light
Removing Coffee from diet at times - after drinking coffee I would experience some clarity but then a crash and then an increase in brain fog and slower mental function
Not taking Nicianmide - Niacinmide would make my brain fog worse sometimes - taking 500mg would cause a huge flare up for me

Anyways I want to write this to help others maybe expedite the process if they are lingering where I did. Lol it sucked and I feel like I wasted a solid 2.5 years of my life dealing with this. If you have brain fog hang in there I know it sucks and its not fun and people will tell you its all a mental thing and in your head lol. But I wish you well on your journey and hope you find a resolution soon.
You don’t say what dosage of black walnut and pay d’arc you’re taking

OP
Elchapchapchapo

Haha and I know I've heard you say this on call but I have a hard time believing it :D haha I'm just stubborn I guess, I have blood work coming tomorrow so It'll be interesting to see if anything shows up there.

I have been using 1/8 tsp baking soda quite often to assist my kidneys lately , I've seen 81mg of aspirin can help too but I'm not ready to add that.

What pharmaceuticals do most people use to cure their brain fog?

Good post @Elchapchapchapo. I agree with your theory 100% that brain issues like brain fog and other diseases like depression are inflammatory reactions caused in the gut. This is based off of anecdotal evidence of one - my own personal experience. Ray Peat mentioned in one of his video clips that runny nose is caused by an inflammatory reaction in your bowels. It never occurred to me that things happening in your head could be caused by what was going on in your gut. So I started trouble-shooting my diet. I found that when I removed starch, as in flour, that my runny nose went away. A couple of weeks after my runny nose went away, I noticed depression had left me and I have suffered from my whole life. Even negative thoughts have left me. My diet consists mostly of milk, OJ, fruit, some red meat, gelatin, and well-cooked mashed potatoes. Over time, brain fog has left me as well and I have no doubts it is related to improved gut health because I always had it in the past like you did. I have since experimented with non-enriched flours and European flours and they seem to be relatively safe although I do not eat much flour anymore.

As far as supplements - I am now at 1 mg K2 per day, 81 mg aspirin, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 500 mg niacinamide powder spaced throughout the day. None of those supplements however cured my brain fog and other mental/mood issues. I believe it was simply restoring gut health with the simple/basic natural foods I mentioned. I now use Red Light as well but again, it was long after the brain issues went away.

Thats interesting and correlates with my experience as well - the part where negative thoughts leave me. When brian fog disappears so do my negative thoughts. I have a huge inner critic and it flares up during brain fog and travels at 1000 thoughts a minute lol.

You don’t say what dosage of black walnut and pay d’arc you’re taking

Hey I take 1 dose per tincuture bottle 3x daily currently which these are the two I take - https://www.amazon.com/Wormwood-Sup...450&sr=8-4&keywords=black+walnut+extract+gaia

https://www.amazon.com/Herb-Pharm-E...&sr=8-4&keywords=pau+darco+extract+herb+pharm

I found both of these at my local natch

ddjd

I was taking 2 to 4 325 mg aspirins per day and one thing I noticed I was urinating all the time at that dosage
In my experience frequent urination is due to high Serotonin. I wonder if aspirin agonises one of the Serotonin receptors

Runenight201

I have also noticed that my health is very closely correlated to the sensations that my gut feels.

I haven’t gotten to producing language surrounding these different sensations my gut feels, and correlating it with the different physiological/psychological states that are associated with the gut sensations, but I have found that keeping it happy through the consumption of the correct foods always leads to better health.

Before I consume any food I run an imaginative scenario about how a given meal will affect my stomach, based on prior experiences I have undergone in conjunction with my current physiological state. My appetite is always the first to initiate suggestions as to what I should eat, and then I run it by my imaginative session, and if everything checks out I then proceed to consume that meal. When I get it right, my stomach remains non-bloated, no gas is produced, I receive energy from the food, and my mental state is kept away from feelings of confusion, fatigue, and anxiety.

Getting it wrong usually results in negative effects, whether it be physiological or psychological. By paying closer attention to my gut, and my physiological states in general, I have found combinations of foods that work in producing more optimal health for me, and have ditched the food combos that lead towards inflammation, bloat, fatigue, and psychological issues.

I stay true to using minimal supps, as I do believe that most non-extreme cases of people can improve solely through dietary intervention, and I think we can tend to oversupplement and then get lost in being able to determine what supps are producing what effects and whether they are even being useful, however there’s no doubt that certain supplements are useful for certain contexts.

Vinero

I have also noticed that my health is very closely correlated to the sensations that my gut feels.

I haven’t gotten to producing language surrounding these different sensations my gut feels, and correlating it with the different physiological/psychological states that are associated with the gut sensations, but I have found that keeping it happy through the consumption of the correct foods always leads to better health.

Before I consume any food I run an imaginative scenario about how a given meal will affect my stomach, based on prior experiences I have undergone in conjunction with my current physiological state. My appetite is always the first to initiate suggestions as to what I should eat, and then I run it by my imaginative session, and if everything checks out I then proceed to consume that meal. When I get it right, my stomach remains non-bloated, no gas is produced, I receive energy from the food, and my mental state is kept away from feelings of confusion, fatigue, and anxiety.

Getting it wrong usually results in negative effects, whether it be physiological or psychological. By paying closer attention to my gut, and my physiological states in general, I have found combinations of foods that work in producing more optimal health for me, and have ditched the food combos that lead towards inflammation, bloat, fatigue, and psychological issues.

I stay true to using minimal supps, as I do believe that most non-extreme cases of people can improve solely through dietary intervention, and I think we can tend to oversupplement and then get lost in being able to determine what supps are producing what effects and whether they are even being useful, however there’s no doubt that certain supplements are useful for certain contexts.
Sometimes I go overboard on the supplements. I read all these studies posted by forum users about benefits of glycine, niacinamide, magnesium etc and end up using 10 different supplements at the same time. It's hard to tell what works that way. Recently I try to only experiment with one supplement at a time to really feel what it's doing. Only adding new stuff when your 100% sure the first supplement benefits you.

DaveFoster

What pharmaceuticals do most people use to cure their brain fog?
Psychiatrists prescribe antidepressants for brain fog; mirtazapine would be one of the safest ones. Coffee often helps but can cause anxiety, whereas aspirin has been showed to improve cognition and has more of a relaxing effect.

Good post @DaveFoster. At my physical a few weeks ago, my Doctor noticed my creatinine levels had increased since my last blood test a year ago to the far end of the healthy range. He asked me if I was taking aspirin and I told him I was and he told me to stop doing that for the exact reasons you have posted. I was taking 2 to 4 325 mg aspirins per day and one thing I noticed I was urinating all the time at that dosage. My doctor said 81 mg was safe and that is what I am doing now. The frequent urinations have also stopped.
That's good to hear. Two to four regular strength aspirin (650 mg to 1300 mg aspirin daily) could be problematic in the long-term, but some can take several grams daily without any problems. A smaller dosage between 81 mg and 650 mg of aspirin stresses the kidneys less and retains the analgesic (pain-killing) effects, but aspirin can deplete both vitamin K2 and glycine.

JustAGuy

I concluded a similar thing after noticing my brain fog disappeared when fasting.

After every time that I do a 72 hour fast, my health improves. I do not want to do this too frequently though since I barely have any body fat. But I personally think fasting has similar effects to antibiotic usage if not better in restoring the gut.

Also improving digestion by eating slower, smaller meals, simple food combinations seems to help a lot.

For me gorging on a huge breakfast in a rush is guaranteed to cause brain fog for the whole day.

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Just want to update, I've noticed further upgrades here in the last two days / day.

So I received test results back from stool sample I sent in (file included)

It showed high in Streptococcus spp. 1.80e3 High <1.00e3 which from a little reading around seems like it is tied to chronic fatigue syndrome, which could explain my fatigue I dealt with.

Also I was high in zonulin Zonulin 149.1 High - Zonulin is the test they use to determine gut permeability / leaky gut.

So in wake of this I have basically gone onto a fast of bone broth, and oxtail soup, while taking colostrum 4x a day at 1 tsp as well as taking 10g of glutamine.

I am experiencing a much better feeling in my gut already as well as further knocking off in brain fog, I am still a bit weird but it is dwindling.

I plan to further the bone broth marathon and am going to make an oxtail soup tomorrow night with kale to get some added minerals. Oxtail soup is so good when cooked long enough haha!

One other thing I've also focused on recently is keeping my mouth extremely clean. I've seen Gundry mention gut dibosyis being caused by bacterias in the mouth making it into the stomach.

Attachments

• GIMAP.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
Elchapchapchapo
Update:

Brain fog was still lingering as well as fatigue, have been on activated charcoal 3 x 1 TBSP a day for a couple days as well as doing coffee enemas and this is furthering the disappearance of both brain fog and fatigue

Astolfo

So you say that you couldn’t solve the issue by dietary changes or supplements.

It’s too bad. I was afraid of dysbiosis but it seems that I have already mild dysbiosis and the only thing that can help significantly is an antibiotic.

lexis

Spending time with compassionate people alleviates lot of illnesses. Where to find such people? Perhaps,one must travel and search for them

accelerator

Backstory & Theory

Methelyene Blue - 1MG
Thyroid - NDT & Tyromix
Vitamin K2 - 5MG
Lisuride
Hyperbaric Oxygen
Coffee Enemas
Infared Sauna
Red Light

Did you keep taking the antibiotics?
How are you doing now?

jimisonthenet

Thank you for the thread! I was taking too many aspirins (about 6-8 per day due to pain from back surgery). I noticed an immediate brain fog almost to the point of being sick from a cascara pill I'd taken in the hope of reducing gut inflammation after a PUFA rich meal. I used the methylene blue with an immediate benefit, and have just tried a couple drops of something called propolis, which is the natural anti-bacterial agent that bees produce to keep the beehive the most naturally sterile place that I know of. I can't tell if I've benefitted from it due to the already beneficial effects of taking the 1mg Methylene blue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals