Lost Trying Improving My Health

OP
T

Trunks00

You have impaired methylation and maybe PFS too (stop taking fin).
High b12 and high homocysteine on your tests means functional b12 deficiency.
This is most likely from problems with glutathione recycling since you already take the cofactors for b12 (b2, folate).
Low methylation results in impaired breathing drive since you don't make enough adrenaline and acetylcholine.
This means you don't exhale CO2 so it builds up and leads to respiratory acidosis, panic, anxiety and slow metabolism.
Because of this estrogen crashes (yours is almost 0) and now you are becoming toxic in copper.

I don't know what is the root cause of this. Maybe PFS, maybe copper toxicity or infections killing your glutathione.
Freddd methylation protocol (high dose methylb12) might be able to fix you. (google it)
It will restore your methylation and help your breathing, chelate copper, restote glutathione, fix receptors screwed by PFS.

Btw low estrogen leads to low choline production so you can take choline instead of TMG or eat egg yolks.
Calcium might be problematic for you.
Wow. Thank you very much for your answer. It was so helpful. If you dont mind I would like to ask you some things.

— I use topical fin with a low concentration. And I had these issues before use it. Would you leave it anyway?...I am a little worried about my hair
—How to you know i am toxic in copper? Would it not be necessary a mineralogram?
—How can it be that I have high b12 and I need b12? Would not be dangerous?What do you think about holo tc in blood tests to determinate effective b12?

— Why dont you like TMG? I have read is good for methylation....

— How do you know calcium is problematic for me? Ray Peat says is so good...

— Do you think the only think I need is methylb12 to solve the problem....what do you think about my current regimen?

Thank you so much. If I bother you, just let me know.

Regards fron Spain

OP
T

Trunks00

Hi Elize,

Thank you very much for your opinion. I was taking these suplements because my cortisol is high. I never had a blood test with low cortisol.... even taking these supplements. What would you do in.my case? Leave all the suplements? I think they keep me not do nervous but how knows...I am really lost..

I hope to find the right way. I am glad you are better

Regards

OP
T

Trunks00

Finasteride is a terribly damaging drug. Even if you have had issues before finasteride that isn't the point. Even if you are taking it topically some will be absorbed. If you aren't willing to stop finasteride you're on the wrong forum.

You are also taking a huge amount of different supplements. I have no idea how you can establish which substances are doing what, when you take 10 different things per meal, that seems insane.
Hi,

That is why I am asking for help....and give all the information about my case.then you leave finas...and then what? What would you do? Leave all the supplements? Try some? Which ones?...

Regards

OP
T

Trunks00

Do you still have anxiety issues? If yes, why are you still taking any of them?
Because I think am better than when I am not take them. Maybe it is placebo, maybe not....the case is what do you do in my case? More tests? Which supps to stop?...etc

Regards

Dhair

Because I think am better than when I am not take them. Maybe it is placebo, maybe not....the case is what do you do in my case? More tests? Which supps to stop?...etc

Regards
The Lexapro and finasteride are enough to be causing high cortisol problems, and high cortisol causes anxiety and depression. This is why you should probably stop taking them.

Jez

@Trunks00
Hi mate, what everyone is saying prior and like so many of us here we had to take it all back to basics @theLaw advice is spot on its how I fixed myself. I stopped all supplements ate a pro metabolic diet to reduce stress, fixed my liver, depleted pufa, addressed my thyroid issues and got better. it does take time but there is a wealth of information here. Ray is more into using diet over supplements in general but they can be a piece of the puzzle, I feel use of them cautiously is better when your generally in a better health state. having supps when your body isn't in a healthy state can cause havoc.

I'd say stop training for now do nothing and just walk at a relaxed pace a few KMs a day, take magnesium baths daily if possible or at least a few times a week.

do some bag breathing and the next time you have anxious feelings have a glass of sugared/salted orange juice and this will help with adrenaline. naturally you need to be off all supps to really ascertain what is causing and can stop each symptom.

drop supplements and replace with a good diet. Maybe let us all know your height weight etc and how many cals you eat daily, what macros etc.

The daily carrot salad is a great place to start.

Gluten free bread is sometimes worse than wheat bread, heavily processed and with seed oils etc.

I don't know much about the supps you take but I'd listen to the others on those as many people have years experience with them and their affects.

I found when I improved my liver and my thyroid I was fine drinking milk and it no longer affected me. Thyroid function is a huge piece of the health puzzle.

all the above is what I did mate. Good luck.

OP
T

Trunks00

Hi,
I am a 32 years old man from Spain (by the way, sorry for my english). I really love the forum and I have finally decided post my case because I think there are people here with a lot of knowlegment about overall health and my doctor don´t pay much attention to my case ( I have been with these problems for more than 5 years) and my health is getting worse and worse. I am going to try to summarize my problem (and I will update everything here about my case).

- Symptons: Anxiety, tiredness, nerviosism, panic attacks, social anxiety, bad coordination, agoraphobia, hair loss, dizziness, inestability, lack of breath sometimes and other symptons related with anxiety (I think), chest pain, dark circles, difficulty to sleep and to get up in the morning, little stress resistance, rigidness.

- Tests done until now: Here and in my next post are my latest blood tests they are in spanish but I think they are understandable. What I most worried about is homocistein, prolactin, cortisol, uric acid, acth, oxalic acid (stopped with vitamin c because of that), anti tiroglubulin, 17-hidroxicorticoids and mhpg.

I recently had also a MRI brain, an ecocardiogram, a torax RX with nothing strange. Also a food intolerance test a lot years ago (igG, but I think the good one is igE) with positive in cow, goat and sheep milk and white egg

- Habits: I lift weights 40 minutes/3x per week but not too hard. Walking and stretching. I use red light sometimes. I try to meditate every other day or so...trying to think positive and things like that
I sleep a lot (10 hours or more) but I always get up tired. I have a lot of nightmares.

- Suplements/Diet:

1) Breakfast: 500 mg curcumin, 500 mg ginger, pepzin, digestive enzymes, adrenal health of Gaia herbs, Nettle root, Great Lakes gelatin, glycine, l-theanin, tart cherry

2) Lunch: 10 mg escitalopram, adrenal health of Gaia herbs, digestive enzymes, nettle root, pepzin, garlic, taurine, - theanine, eggshell calcium 1200 mg, artichoke

3) Afternoon snack: b6 100mg (p5p), b1, b5, biotin, digestive enzymes, riboflavin, folic acid- 5 methyltetrahidrofolate- (2 per week 500 ug), TMG, taurine

4) Dinner: nettle root, magnesium chelated, digestive enzymes, taurine

5) Before bed: phosphorylated serine 1 g, proteolytic enzymes, pharmagaba.

Sometimes: activated charcoal, vit e,a,k,a,aspirin, sodium bicarbonate, prebiotics and probiotics.

I also use 0,1% topical finasteride, magnesium, zinc and selenium.

In my diet tend to avoid legumes, complex carbs, milk, gluten, a lot of protein (because of uric acid). I eat fruit, juices, potatoes, some rice, seafood, fish, meat, ham,bread without gluten, carrot salad every now and then.... whatever there is in my home trying to avoid gluten, milk, and things difficult to digest...I think overall a varied diet

- Some questions:

1) How can I know if I am sobre or under methylator? with genetic test?

2) If the igG of milk is positive, can´t I drink milk or better no?

3) What does it mean high blood cortisol and low in urine...? and low 17-hidroxicorticoids and mhpg?

4) Can I disregard gluten intolerance with this blood test?

5: Could you know if I am th1 or th2 dominant with:

Interferon alpha <10 (reference range <30.1)
Interleukin 6 : 2,6 (reference range <7.1)
Interleukin 10: <2 (reference range <10.1)

what should I do more to know it?...

- What I would like to achive: Balance my blood tests, feel calmed, healthy, with a good stress response, adaptative to any situation, relaxed, with confidence, healthy.

- ¿Next tests? I am not sure about what else to do....I thought about more blood tests (what else?...), omega 3-6-9 test, organic acid test, genetic test from 23 and me, food intolerance test (which?...), and mineralogram.

I would really appreciate your expertise help.....it´s like my last opportunity to be in a better health. What would you change or do? what would you do if this were your health? Any additional test?
I will take every opinion into consideration.

Regards from Spain

I have done some new tests (blood tests, hair analysis, omegas). I would love someone with expertise to help me with them

ANALISIS FINAL 2017.pdf
Informe de Analisis OMEGA.pdf
Informe de Analisis TELETEST MINERALOGRAMA.pdf

Thank you very much

Regards from Spain

Jorge

OP
T

Trunks00

@Trunks00
Hi mate, what everyone is saying prior and like so many of us here we had to take it all back to basics @theLaw advice is spot on its how I fixed myself. I stopped all supplements ate a pro metabolic diet to reduce stress, fixed my liver, depleted pufa, addressed my thyroid issues and got better. it does take time but there is a wealth of information here. Ray is more into using diet over supplements in general but they can be a piece of the puzzle, I feel use of them cautiously is better when your generally in a better health state. having supps when your body isn't in a healthy state can cause havoc.

I'd say stop training for now do nothing and just walk at a relaxed pace a few KMs a day, take magnesium baths daily if possible or at least a few times a week.

do some bag breathing and the next time you have anxious feelings have a glass of sugared/salted orange juice and this will help with adrenaline. naturally you need to be off all supps to really ascertain what is causing and can stop each symptom.

drop supplements and replace with a good diet. Maybe let us all know your height weight etc and how many cals you eat daily, what macros etc.

The daily carrot salad is a great place to start.

Gluten free bread is sometimes worse than wheat bread, heavily processed and with seed oils etc.

I don't know much about the supps you take but I'd listen to the others on those as many people have years experience with them and their affects.

I found when I improved my liver and my thyroid I was fine drinking milk and it no longer affected me. Thyroid function is a huge piece of the health puzzle.

all the above is what I did mate. Good luck.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer. I take into account what you told me. I am a little afraid to stop taking my sups because of the anxiety....I thought about cyproheptadone instead of escitalopram but I dont know if it would be good, if cypro is safe for my case...I am 1,80 meters tall and 74 kgs. What would you do in my case to improve liver and thiroid? I have hashimoto as you can see in my blood test. And my EPA is quite low. By the way, could you take a look to my latest tests results please?... just below your latest answer here... I think you have expertise to help me....

Regards

bornamachine

OP, have you had an iron panel test done? How long can you comfortably go without eating? What happens to you if you go past that point?

OP
T

Trunks00

OP, have you had an iron panel test done? How long can you comfortably go without eating? What happens to you if you go past that point?
Hi,

When I got my previous blood tests my iron and ferritin levels were within the lab ranges. I will do a complete panel next time. However my hair test show too much iron as you can see in my mineralogram....I dont know why...

After eating I feel more relaxed....I can go without eating several hours but I dont feel so well. My digestion is not good either...I feel calmer at home...

What would you suggest for my case?

Regards

bornamachine

How often do you eat everyday? Every couple hours? If you eat breakfast and then around next big meal you skip it, what happens to you physiologically and mentally? Any confusion? Can you quote your ferretin number you got?

tara

Hi Trunk,

Have you spelled out somewhere how much you are eating? Roughly how many calories, how much protein etc?

Have you had a go at putting a few typical days eating into cronometer.com or similarto see roughly what micronutrients you are getting from your food, and what you might be missing? (Ignore their restrictive/low calories recommendations - they are not for recovery and healing, or even maintaining a healthy metabolism for most people.)

Reducing the PUFA load in your system could have had the effect of making some parts of your metabolism run more effectively in some ways. This can increase the need for nutrition, including some vitamins as well as calories.
If you are short of B-vits, or minerals, then speeding up metabolism can make these deficiencies worse.
If you happen also to be short of calories, then that would be an added stress.
This could potentially explain skin issues and anxiety.
I don't know that's what's going on with you, but worth looking at your nutritional intake to see whether you are covering it generously as the first step.