Anyone Tried A Pescatarian(ish) Diet?

Amarsh213

I'm Always experimenting with eating/dieting.

I'm on a full week of Pescatarian Eating. Not dogmatically I'll eat meat at dinner/friends.

Sardines/Clams/Oysters canned in olive oil
Scallop/Shrimp frozen and cooked in butter
Lightly cooked vegetables Medleys
Fruits/Fruit Juices.

It's been awesome. The micros in the seafoods, like selenium/zinc/manganese seem to really help the thyroid/sugar oxidation. Mood is very elevated, and generally body feels much lighter and less bogged down.

Like I am digesting low fat shellfish and fruits rather then big hunks of fat/meat/starches. Seems superior so far.

Will continue with, and report back here. Not to mention enjoyable. Scallops in butter or clams with cocktail sauce is awesome.

upload_2020-11-23_10-46-13.png
upload_2020-11-23_10-46-24.png
Good Proteins, Bad Proteins: The Amino Acids in Health and Disease - 180 Degree Health

ursidae

Fish as my only meat was my diet for years, went back to it again these past few weeks. It helped with gut symptoms and other things, I think due to greater digestibility and lower iron intake (I eat shrimp and sea bream). It just slides through me unlike the heavy red meats.

The drawbacks: loaded with heavy metals, price and availability: not always fresh and I’d rather not eat frozen or canned food, struggling to get enough calories without getting bloated from veggies or mixing fat and sugar, teeth eroding from all the fruits

Last edited:

Bootselectric

Sounds more or less like the Kitavan diet observed by Staffan Lindberg. The diet is very much in line with Ray Peat.
Might be worth a try as I like Scallops/Shrimp more than red meat. But I'd add milk to the diet as well and see how it goes.

You eat sardines? Aren't they higher in PUFA?
And are you getting enough calories/energy with these foods? How much fat, carbs and protein do you consume roughly?

DawN

Ok, so I just red the header and have this to say: Every thing that without salt or spices tastes like sh*t - don’t eat! Period.

jet9

I'm Always experimenting with eating/dieting.

I'm on a full week of Pescatarian Eating. Not dogmatically I'll eat meat at dinner/friends.

Sardines/Clams/Oysters canned in olive oil
Scallop/Shrimp frozen and cooked in butter
Lightly cooked vegetables Medleys
Fruits/Fruit Juices.

It's been awesome. The micros in the seafoods, like selenium/zinc/manganese seem to really help the thyroid/sugar oxidation. Mood is very elevated, and generally body feels much lighter and less bogged down.

Like I am digesting low fat shellfish and fruits rather then big hunks of fat/meat/starches. Seems superior so far.

Will continue with, and report back here. Not to mention enjoyable. Scallops in butter or clams with cocktail sauce is awesome.

View attachment 20388
View attachment 20389
Good Proteins, Bad Proteins: The Amino Acids in Health and Disease - 180 Degree Health
How did your experiment go?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Did anyone already tried astressin B for hair loss when you have high blood cortisol? Ask For Help or Advice 0
MyUsernameHere Topical taurine, anyone tried? Hair & Nails 4
P Has anyone tried pureclinica supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Anyone tried sodium benzoate? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
ddjd Anyone Tried Drostanolone / Masteron ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
J Has Anyone Tried Diffusing Baking Soda? CO2, Bag Breathing 14
K Anyone Tried Real Thyroid Made In Vietnam? Thyroid and Hormones 1
C Anyone Tried Pimpom Ndt ? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 7
Gadreel Has Anyone Here Tried A 99% L Dopa Supplement Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
W Aphro-D -- Anyone Tried? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Tarmander Has Anyone Actually Tried 1 Cup Of AC For 10 Days Per Month? Digestion 24
G Anyone Tried LifeGivingStore's Negative Ion Generator? CO2, Bag Breathing 10
ScurveDream Has Anyone Here Tried NCR (neurocranial Restructuring)? Doesn't Seem To Ask For Help or Advice 10
Trambak The Buteyko Breathing Belt - Anyone Here Tried It? CO2, Bag Breathing 3
ScurveDream Anyone Here Tried Or Considered Gene Testing? It Can Maybe Help With Diet, Health, Etc Diet 6
meatbag Has Anyone Tried Anything From Double Wood Supplements? Suppliers 0
ecstatichamster Anyone Tried Eating More Mead Acid Diet 4
G Have Anyone Tried Washing Scalp By Using Methylene Blue? Hair & Nails 2
SOMO GABA Rice? Anyone Tried It? Diet, Recipes 10
L Has Anyone Tried Raising Testosterone Without Raising Dht? Male Issues 28
R Anyone Tried Some Digestive Herbs Or Anything? Digestion 4
S Anyone Tried Hawthorne Berry Ext? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 5
F Anyone Tried Camu Powder For High Dose Vitamin C? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
lvysaur Has Anyone Here Tried "always Liquid" Coconut Oil? Coconut Oil 30
Makrosky Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?) Experiments 119
G Anyone Have Tried L-carnitin-L-tartrate ? Hair & Nails 1
raypeatclips UK People, Anyone Tried New "protein Milk"? Dairy 4
scarlettsmum Anyone Tried Megasporebiotics? Digestion 52
Elchapchapchapo Anyone Tried Pregnenolone / Progesterone Alongside A Aromatase Inhibitor? Hormones 26
ecstatichamster Anyone Tried Warming Up Their Gut Experiments 15
W Has Anyone Tried Orthokine? Experiments 2
M Has Anyone Here Ever Tried This Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 20
javin Has Anyone Here Tried Rapé (ha-peh)? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 4
gnosisphoenix Coffee With Amino Acid Powders, Anyone Tried This Mix? Coffee 6
J anyone tried this T3 from LA anabolics? T3 2
J anyone tried this eggshell calcium supplement? Calcium 1
Philomath Anyone tried Paleowraps? Diet, Recipes 2
DojaCat Can anyone guide me to the overall best threads to help me understand the gist of ray peat Ask For Help or Advice 18
miles Anyone fancy peaty meet-up in London UK? Meet & Greet 17
D Has anyone ordered Progest-E from Electrical Body? It’s been 4 days and they still haven’t shipped. Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Anyone willing to try RU58841? Hair & Nails 0
P Has anyone here used Nolvadex and Dhea together? Male Issues 1
J Does anyone know a good quality Olive oil brand that is not laced with PUFA-UK accessible? Fats 8
S Anyone got a trusted topical progesterone cream they use?? Progesterone 7
P Anyone take Polyrachis Vicina Roger aka Mountain Ant Extract? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
AbundantLifeCor Can anyone identify these parasites? (NON graphic) Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 4
R Has Anyone Done Bloodwork Before And After Following Peat's Guidelines? Blood Work, Labs 4
youngsinatra Does Anyone Of You Also Have Hyperthyroid-Like BT & Pulse? Ask For Help or Advice 18
Pina Has anyone lowered blood pressure or cholesterol using thyroid? Thyroid and Hormones 13
D Has anyone noticed synchronicity? Ask For Help or Advice 2