Would it be wise to try a "healing" momentary "extreme" diet?

Parsifal

Would it be worth the try to start a diet with virtually 0 (or almost 0) PUFAs and very low in amino acids arginine/cysteine/tryptophane/histidine/methionine/glutamic acid/aspartic acid/leucine (to not raise insulin too much) with 0 starches and low in fermentable fibers and fibers stimulating the bacterias controlling fermentation by taking protein powders (would be useful to avoid hormones in the meat as well and get less phosphate/iron) and eating only fruits?

The diet would consist of:

- Regarding proteins mainly protein powders low in the amino acids above-mentioned, high in glycine/taurine. 100g/day
- Egg shell powder for calcium
- Salt
- Fruits and carbs low in starch/FODMAP. Hand made orange juice.
- Caffeine
- A bit of thyroid gland extract (just a bit to have the same amount as in chicken neck) and maybe other hormones (progesterone)
- Raw carrot salad/Bamboo shots
- Coconut oil
- Additive-free vitamin B complex, Estroban, topical vitamin D
- Cascara

-> Be sure to get enough potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, chromium, molybdenum and other vitamins.
-> Having enough light, using an infrared lamp especially while sleeping, bright blue light in the morning
-> No or very low EMF/EMR
-> Hanging out with friends, being in a place with a lot of negative ions and grounding a lot, lot of meditation/yoga/walking/breathing exercises, reading/listening to music and expressing myself artistically
-> Eating mainly organic food, enough calories

Would be useful to heal the gut and calm down gut issues, drecrease/heal chronic inflammation, decrease NO, decrease serotonin, decrease endotoxins, decrease oestrogens, etc.

My goal -> Improve dramatically my posture/deformities/stiffness and popping joints. Heal my gut/digestion. Stop psoriasis (or candisiasis). Heal my spider veins/dark circles. Loose some fat.

I would be ready to try that kind of diet during at least 1 month (when I get enough money) and wondered if someone here tried something similar and/or if you think that is worth the try?

:hattip

jyb

Reading your diet, I think many members have tried that including me. All items you listed and many more. Ok, except possibly for total avoidance of dairy of any kind and protein 100% in powder - it's hard to get 100g from gelatin or synthetic powders, but I'm sure some have tried that too. I personally haven't found it useful. And conceptually, I don't see why going "extreme" would be significantly better (is there a magical threshold?), you're also going extreme in a pretty arbitrary direction. But you won't know until you try.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

jyb said:
I personally don't see that as useful, firstly because I don't see why going "extreme" would be significantly better, secondly because you're going extreme in a pretty arbitrary direction.
What is arbitrary here? :think:

ilovewriting

I've been trying something like this for a week or so, in about twelve small portions throughout the day, since reading Ray Peat's latest July newsletter, which talked about Metchnikoff and avoiding putrefaction in the gut.

For protein, I've been using 66 grams (12 tablespoons) of collagen hydrolysate and about 8 ounces of kefir cheese with the whey strained off. For saturated fat, I use 6 tablespoons of MCT, mixed with two tablespoons of hydrogenated coconut oil, and vitamins A and K2. For sugar, 12 tablespoons of honey (from Dr. Budd's experiment with diabetes) and pulp-free orange juice. I use liver and shellfish intermittently, too. I also use urea, T4/T3, niacinamide, thiamine, coffee, magnesium bicarbonate, aspirin and activated charcoal, and Ray Peat's patented Progest-E.

It may seem a little expensive, and time-consuming to do so many small meals, but it seems to be "working" in the sense that the gut is noticeably less putrefactive, and very motile. According to how I read Ray Peat's July newsletter, it's the putrefaction and slow motility of the gut that Metchnikoff theorized is associated with aging and degenerative disease. Ray Peat mentioned Metchnikoff's example of the parrot and raven, which live extremely long lives and have rapid gut motility and almost no putrefaction.

Here's the excerpt from the July newsletter:
The intestine is a source of toxins, and some studies have found considerable life extension by keeping the intestine free of bacteria. At the beginning of the 20th century, Elie Metchnikof (The Nature of Man, 1894, Prolongation of Life; Optimistic Studies, 1907) believed, basing his ideas on comparative biology, that intestinal toxins caused aging by disrupting the immune and endocrine systems' functions in tissue maintenance and renewal. He noticed that the intestine of short-lived herbivores such as rabbits had a strong odor of putrefaction and a great variety of bacterial species, but that the intestines of long-lived birds such as parrots and ravens had no unpleasant smell, even when he had fed the ravens with rotting meat, and contained only a few species of bacteria.

Metchnikoff's ideas about intestinal toxins as a source of sickness and aging were widely attacked in US medical journals. In 1907 he wrote "Even at present there are critics who regard me as incapable of sane and logical reasoning.”

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

That's interesting, keep us updated ;).

Did you suscribe for Peat's newletter? Wish I could get it but I'm not sure that he sends it in France?

Nicholas

ilovewriting said:
post 100469 It may seem a little expensive, and time-consuming to do so many small meals, but it seems to be "working" in the sense that the gut is noticeably less putrefactive, and very motile.

Amen! food frequency is definitely the biggest step anyone can take in healing their gut. it's nice to see this sort of confirmed. and food frequency is just another extension of balancing blood sugar. i think the most deleterious choice i can make is to not eat frequently - not because of hypoglycemia feelings but because when i have gut motility everything else begins to build on itself and get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parsifal said:
post 100459 Would it be worth the try to start a diet with virtually 0 (or almost 0) PUFAs and very low in amino acids arginine/cysteine/tryptophane/histidine/methionine/glutamic acid/aspartic acid/leucine (to not raise insulin too much) with 0 starches and low in fermentable fibers and fibers stimulating the bacterias controlling fermentation by taking protein powders (would be useful to avoid hormones in the meat as well and get less phosphate/iron) and eating only fruits?

The diet would consist of:

- Regarding proteins mainly protein powders low in the amino acids above-mentioned, high in glycine/taurine. 100g/day
- Egg shell powder for calcium
- Salt
- Fruits and carbs low in starch/FODMAP. Hand made orange juice.
- Caffeine
- A bit of thyroid gland extract (just a bit to have the same amount as in chicken neck) and maybe other hormones (progesterone)
- Raw carrot salad/Bamboo shots
- Coconut oil
- Additive-free vitamin B complex, Estroban, topical vitamin D
- Cascara

-> Be sure to get enough potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, chromium, molybdenum and other vitamins.
-> Having enough light, using an infrared lamp especially while sleeping, bright blue light in the morning
-> No or very low EMF/EMR
-> Hanging out with friends, being in a place with a lot of negative ions and grounding a lot, lot of meditation/yoga/walking/breathing exercises, reading/listening to music and expressing myself artistically
-> Eating mainly organic food, enough calories

Would be useful to heal the gut and calm down gut issues, drecrease/heal chronic inflammation, decrease NO, decrease serotonin, decrease endotoxins, decrease oestrogens, etc.

My goal -> Improve dramatically my posture/deformities/stiffness and popping joints. Heal my gut/digestion. Stop psoriasis (or candisiasis). Heal my spider veins/dark circles. Loose some fat.

I would be ready to try that kind of diet during at least 1 month (when I get enough money) and wondered if someone here tried something similar and/or if you think that is worth the try?

:hattip

Yes, this seems like a good idea to jumpstart your healing. I wouldn't try to avoid leucine though, it's needed for muscle anabolism.

PeatThemAll

Good idea, overall, but why the coconut oil?

I'm rather strongly biased against any type of fats, especially the animal-based (saturated) fats, as they are excellent for priming endotoxin responses.

You could say that coconut oil is the lesser of two evils. Are you adding it for calories only?
Or because the total carb intake would be unreasonable (although Kempner's Rice Diet shows how far one can push a carb extra-dominant approach and still be healthier, over time)?

jyb

PeatThemAll said:
I'm rather strongly biased against any type of fats, especially the animal-based (saturated) fats, as they are excellent for priming endotoxin responses.

I'm curious as to where you read that, from what I read it's the opposite.

PeatThemAll

jyb said:
post 103184
PeatThemAll said:

The jury is out with regards to one's metabolic state and the composition of the fatty meal. For example:

Sat Fat is Bad:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/35/2/375.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23305038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCUWNU9wp0

50-50 Stance:

http://suppversity.blogspot.ca/2013/01/ ... xemia.html

Sat Fat is Protective:

http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/01/sa ... -fats.html

ilovewriting

jyb said:
post 103184
PeatThemAll said:

From what I read, too, if only for coconut oil, or certain preparations of coconut oil, which may have unidentified properties not present in animal fats:
“One of the roles of fat in the food is to stimulate the secretion of bile by the gall bladder. Besides that important function, saturated fats have a variety of protective, antiinflammatory effects, including the reduction of endotoxemia and lipid peroxidation (Nanji, et al., 1997). “Coconut oil completely abolished the responses to endotoxin” (Wan and Grimble, 1987).” -Ray Peat, PhD
Source: http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2011/1 ... ated-fats/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals