Anyone Drink Cooked Green's Water Regularly?

raypeatclips

Didn't see much in the way of experiences with drinking the cooked greens, I see a few people recommend them and quote Peat in KMUD talks about them. I was wondering does anyone drink it on any sort of regular basis, and what you have noticed health wise?

tara

I cook leafy greens regularly and eat/drink both the leaves and the cooking water in my soup with gelatinous stock and other things almost every day. I can't say that I notice anything miraculous from it, but I do seem to miss it and feel worse if I skip it for a couple of days.
Usually spinach or chard/silver or other beet or kale.

tara

what do you do with the cooked leaves @tara ? Eat them?
I'm a lazy eater - I blend them. Usually also include in the blend onions and at least one of: ginger root, mushrooms, capsicum, garlic ...

I've been eating kale the last few days as i've been without dairy. I don't like the broth. I just cook the kale in a pan for a good while. I add water to it multiple times than in the end i fry it with coconut oil. Salt and maybe some garlic. Goes well with meat and potatoes.

tara

I'm a lazy eater - I blend them. Usually also include in the blend onions and at least one of: ginger root, mushrooms, capsicum, garlic ...
Either mushrooms or ginger improve the flavour enormously.
Sometimes a dollop of cream to make it taste even better.

And I'm also a somewhat lazy cook, so I cook and blend a batch to last 3-4 days. Probably not as good as doing it fresh everyday, but that's what I can manage with the time I have.

If milk and cheese agreed with me more, I'd be making variants on creamed spinach etc.

nikolabeacon

I can not tell that they are superfood and that they have special effect on metabolism and that they are necessary but looking at those charts it seems that they are pretty nutritious but bioavailability is also questionable. And maybe one problem is that it is almost no appetizing food for many people.

If they are cooked for only couple of minutes as Peat mentioned I suspect that goitrogens will be still present in liquid and very active. Enough cooking and heat will deactivate them.

If you like to spend time in cooking than. For flavour You can first cook finely chopped onions very well to remove acid on low heat in some fat and than add chopped leaves, salt, little water ,add cream(or milk) and cook for 20-25 minutes. It goes with fryed or poached egg or some fish. Or you can use blanched chard leaves and stuff them ( rolls) with some cooked spicy filling from ground meat and cook in cream or milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals