Ideal Estrogen/Progestone Ratio and Levels

Salome

I am a transsexual who takes hormones, and I am wondering what the ideal, peat-iest hormone regimen would look like. For all the estrogen hating that goes on in these forums, it is obviously an essential hormone, and isn't evil in and of itself!!! Too much water can kill a person (drowning), but I don't see many people trying to find ways to lower water levels in the body. That said, I believe that you can have too much of a good thing (estrogen), and my own experiences being poorly dosed by doctors for years are what led me to Ray Peat's work. Adding rectal progesterone dramatically improved my skin, got rid of my acne, increased facial femininity and neoteny, encouraged breast development, and shut down my endogenous LH/FSH production.

I am left wondering what the ideal estrogen/progesterone ratio should be, since I have the opportunity (unlike regular females and males) to customize my own hormonal profile. I currently take 200 mg progesterone rectally each night, and inject 5 to 8 mg of estradiol valerate intramuscularly every 5 days. I was previously doing 8 mg consistently, but (although I was encouraged by my peat readings to lower my E levels) experimenting with lower doses didn't seem to improve anything. In fact I felt it had a negative effect.

Does anyone have any ideas? Can a person have too much progesterone?

5a-DHP

Message Memo Canli from the Ray Peat Facebook Groups (formerly @olive on this forum) - he's an expert on female HRT.