Why Doesn't Coffee Affect Me Normally?

Luann

@tara wow that's a lot. like working at a restaurant we have to refill people's drinking glasses and something about the ice clinking, and the way the glasses sweat on the outside when no one's drinking them, or just an isolated glass that hasn't been drunk out of, seems SO nasty. water's weird like that

tara

@tara wow that's a lot.
I guess it might be for some people. But this was someone who is currently drinking more than 4l, so experimenting with going under 3l might give a clue without being too radical a change all at once.
I think between 2 and 3 l is probably quite normal for many healthy people - depending on size etc, more if sweating a lot in hot climate or heavy work.
I always drink more than 2l, sometimes as much as 3l. Underdrinking is as likely to get me as over drinking.

tara

@tara water? 4l of water?
I'm not sure if OP meant 4l water on top of other drinks, or including. I meant to try less than 3l of drink, including water and juice and coffee etc.

For me, usually some water and some juice. The more solid starches and sweets I eat, the more water and less juice. With less solid carbs, I drink more juice and less water.
Lately, if I don't drink at least a half litre of water in the evening, I'm more likely to wake up with dark yellow pee and a headache.

DaveFoster

Maybe you have some problems with endorphin production. I don't really feel much from opiates, and I've benefited from naltrexone.

Luann

Oh ok. Interesting.
TBH Peat is all about knowing yourself and what works, and lots of the time you seem to, so, good onya

WestCoaster

Adding to this, I've found in the past if I've drank too much coffee (feeling of it making me more sleepy), stopped for a day or 2 and added in my home-made electrolyte drink, I felt way better. Basically it was probably 2 full handfuls of Himalayan salt that was left in about a litre of water overnight to fully saturate. You know it's fully saturated as there is salt left at the bottom of the bottle). When done it leaves some heavily salted water, so much in fact all it takes is maybe an ounce of it in a glass of water to get a super salty drink.

I often wondered why this made me feel better, but perhaps now I have my answer. I came from the camp of fasting all day, drinking coffee and water and diluting myself to hell and back to suddenly drinking a couple of glasses with about 2 oz of this salt mixture. Hmm I'm thinking now about adding this to my OJ and milk, as it'd be the perfect way to counterbalance the fluid.

Xisca

She also had a stroke before I was born, so I dont know if the hormones from that could have affected me in some way
The shock on the autonomic nervous system -ANS- has, because it is not finished util 6 months of age, and we relye on the support of the system of the mother. This create issues that come from the disregulation of the ANS, that fail to regulate the body the best way. This is a big cause of somatic issues, metabolic problems, and sensitivity to future shocks, less resilience for example.
It creates also a state that gives a nice caracter, very adaptable and even, not reacting much to things, a lot of early wise phylosophy in life... I am one of those, but of course exact signs vary form person to person.
This evenness hides the shock activation, as a protection. Because when it shows out, it can be overwhelming, so better go back to the cocoon inside oneself. But it has to come out and definitely, to not go back in. We all have something like this, showing in recurring reactions we have in life.

I thought this because of the issue to the coffee, let's say a sort of numbness, that is why I read the thread and looked for... and you mention what can have been the root.
My back pain is due to a car accident that happened almost 2 years ago. I don't even know if things like that can heal.
Yes, if you tackle the nervous reaction that is underneath. We have no time to react during an accident, and some reflexes stay stuck, something, a movement for defense, is still running on, and this can show in muscles, spasm, permanent contraction that resist treatment.

I will try to get more protein in
If you were not used to them, AND if they are heavy on digestion, try to see if it helps to get them with betaine HCl, as a vegetarian diet probably induce the body to make less.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals