Defecating is scorching since I'm drinking coffee

Parsifal

Everything is in the title. 4 days ago before trying to go Peat protocol I was never drinking coffee (haven't drink a single sip of it in like 10 years !). I can tolerate it very well (even if I don't really sleep since I'm drinking it and have almost too much energy like in hypomania) and I am seeing a lot of benefits from it, it is even helping me to cure an impossible to change constipation but every time I go to defecate my poop is really scorching!

Am I drinking too much coffee? Is it a detoxification effect from oestrogens? Caffeic acid?

sele

Are you drinking too much coffee? Are you drinking it with plenty of milk and sugar? Is it drip or instant coffee? Other than coffee, have you added anything new to your diet or supplement? Are you taking any kind of pharma drugs?

brandonk

Coffee increases the production of digestive juices, which are more acidic, and speeds intestinal motility. Ray Peat has mentioned that coffee can even be used in an enema but its systemic effects are greater as a drink.

http://drlwilson.com/articles/COFFEE%20ENEMA.HTM

As Ray Peat is know to say, coffee is much more than caffeine.

Matt1951

Stop drinking coffee then. It is not good for you. You may be allergic to coffee, but no way should you have that kind of pain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:extenquishflame

I have a theory about this. Could it be the magnesium is passing through the bowel, as coffee has a lot of magnesium and it isn't getting absorbed?

Pet Peeve

My first thought is increased bile production from the coffee. The bile irritates the intestines which causes them to empty to get rid of the irritation. Bile is green, so your defecation could have a greenish tint, at least in the beginning. Other than that you could have hemoroids.

mujuro

I had this from about July to November. Can't say what made it stop. I still get it from dosing taurine over 5g within a day. I have a friend who mega doses taurine up to 15g a day and doesn't get any GI side effects, but what this says about his liver compared to mine, I don't know.

I've drank coffee regularly for the last 3 or 4 years, but around July I started adding in things like aspirin, daily OJ, got serious with total PUFA restriction. I know a great number of people who drink coffee and suffer none such side effects, so I can only assume it is a result of beneficial liver changes occurring as a result of the entire Peat-inspired approach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals