Metabolism Too Fast With Coffee?

Samya

I recently had a dream where I was drinking copious amounts of black coffee, this really stood out as I'd previously only drank coffee a handful of times and it's been years since the last cup. Call me crazy but I feel like this was a sign, I've had a cholesterol issue since HFLC and have come across info it may be due to a sluggish liver, which I understand coffee is very good for.

So I started drinking coffee at work and have enjoyed the extra energy, the only issue is my metabolism goes through the roof! I usually have a large breakfast and then drink freshly ground espressos diluted in honeyed 2% milk and snack on oranges. Whenever I drink, within a few minutes my stomach is grumbling away like clockwork.

I've tried diluting the espressos in more milk but even in small amounts its like revving an engine, any tips on how to keep enjoying coffee without my stomach becoming a bottomless pit?

TheSir

If coffee has unequivocally positive effects on you and any negatives such as anxiety, shakiness or depression are absent, I think you should freely indulge in your increased appetite! Once you do, you may see that over time the hunger will diminish. The body rarely feels hungry for no reason, and usually strong appetite is a better sign than an absent appetite.

OP
Samya

Samya

Thanks for the suggestion, I did think the two main options are drink less coffee or eat more food.

I wish I'd tried coffee earlier but never really paid attention as always thought 'its stimulating, I don't enjoy being stimulated', its ironic as in the right amounts it can actually be calming having so much energy available.

p.s I just came across this youtube channel, I haven't heard of him before but he seems quite Peaty.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXl9s_A16w

Last edited:

Nik665

I recently had a dream where I was drinking copious amounts of black coffee, this really stood out as I'd previously only drank coffee a handful of times and it's been years since the last cup. Call me crazy but I feel like this was a sign, I've had a cholesterol issue since HFLC and have come across info it may be due to a sluggish liver, which I understand coffee is very good for.

So I started drinking coffee at work and have enjoyed the extra energy, the only issue is my metabolism goes through the roof! I usually have a large breakfast and then drink freshly ground espressos diluted in honeyed 2% milk and snack on oranges. Whenever I drink, within a few minutes my stomach is grumbling away like clockwork.

I've tried diluting the espressos in more milk but even in small amounts its like revving an engine, any tips on how to keep enjoying coffee without my stomach becoming a bottomless pit?
How to stop stomach growling: Top 10 natural remedies says why some foods cause stomach to rumble, that being said coffee does increase metabolism but if its happening immediately after eating it could be something else

BlackMolasses

You're lucky, coffee does literally nothing for me, I can drink a triple espresso without it causing the slightest change in mood or energy.
Wouldn't it be the opposite, that you have a too slow caffeine metabolism?

NanMitch

Try drinking tea instead. Works for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals