My experience overall Peating 6 weeks, I have some questions as usual :D and looking for advice haha

FredSonoma

My diet is generally: Raw milk, cheese, cream, coconut oil (not excessive amounts of fat, just to taste), mangoes, papayas, oranges, orange juice, sparkling apple juice (from Asian Food Market), raw carrot / bamboo shoot salad, oysters, liver, ground beef / pork, shrimp, scallops, eggs, some hot sauce, small amounts of spinach. I have more coke / random sodas than I think I should be - just am out and about a lot and feel a strong craving for sugar and buy it.

I drink something sweet (soda or juice) basically the whole day. Typical breakfast will have some dairy, and sometimes some eggs or fish. Typical lunch will be about the same as breakfast, drinking juice / soda / eating fruit the whole time between breakfast and lunch. Dinner is usually a good size portion of meat, which I always very much crave / look forward to / enjoy, with a good amount of dairy. I eat tons of sugar, probably 600g+ a day. Sometimes take a B1 supplement - not sure if it helps, but it seems to make my bloating and face edema worse. I'm always fairly bloated - bordering on constant food baby, but have been like that for the past 2.5 years. Peating doesn't seem to have reduced it much (while going full fruitatarian has been the only thing that has helped in the past - Edit: holy ***t, just realized maybe I have issues with protein digestion and this is why? Or maybe just thinking of that because of Haidut's recent post on amino acid supps)

My overall feeling of well-being is definitely better when I'm eating bone broth and fish head soup (which I think has both Thyroid and Pregnenolone), HOWEVER, I feel really really weird for a few hours after eating them. Having them at night time seems to help - I find in general, I digest EVERYTHING better at night - anything that causes issues causes more issues when eaten in the morning.

I just realized today, after not having bone broth or fish head soup yesterday for the first time in a while (but I did have shrimp, scallops, AND oysters yesterday, which have glycine right?), that I have this feeling of hopelessness - it hit me all the sudden like "Holy ***t, what the **** am I going to do with my life when am I gonna figure this ***t out, who am I gonna become, how am I gonna deal with being in school another year with no idea what my life is really gonna be like OMG I need to drop out and work instead so my life will be more meaningful... etc" - just realized a few minutes ago it might be the first time since starting Peating a month ago I've felt like that - so it seems that the fish head soup / bone broth really helps to generally make me feel HAPPIER - aside from making me feel anxious, socially awkward, and tired for a few hours directly after eating it (which also sucks, but is probably better overall).

When I first started Peating, at least once a day for an hour, I would feel intensely HAPPY and satisfied with life. That hasn't happened for at least a week now :/ and I'm not sure why. I generally feel at least mildly anxious all the time.

OH YEAH - completely forgot that I've recently (past week or so) really ramped up my coffee intake and realized I am completely addicted... I drink at least 2-3 cups a day and don't feel good without it. I also feel kinda wierd and shaky a few hours after having it. I'd say the time of day I feel the best is... while I'm drinking my coffee LOL.

I am under some stress - just with working / switching jobs / family stuff. I just ordered an 850 nm LED hoping it will bring up my temps / pulse (I'm thinking I'm hypo but not sure).

I also plan to start supplementing Vitamin E this weekend. I am currently LOOKING INTO supplementing thyroid and preg, but still a little wary. Any thoughts? I feel like in some ways I'm getting worse, rather than better, but hard to really compare. Otherwise I definitely like eating this way (taste-wise :D ) and I feel like it's generally doing me good (especially libido-wise LOL).

tara

Hi,

I've been eaing a little chicken neck stock every day for many months now, and I'm sure it makes a difference. I was having some with breakfast and dinner. The last month or so I switched one of these doses out for 1/4 tablet nutrimeds NDT. I'm pleased with the result.
My advice about thyroid supps is to measure your temps for a couple of weeks before you start to check whether it is low. If low, start very cautiously - low dose, keep monitoring, and increment with a little more after 3-4 wekks if necessary till you get up to reasonbable temps.

Violence

A surprisingly high number of people here look to peat for answers to psychological issues. Not saying theres no connection at all, but its reaching. Raw milk and oj wont help you with feelings of unhappiness and desperation. Its good you're eating well Fred, but you have other kinds of issues and this is not a good place to try to solve it.

James_001

A surprisingly high number of people here look to peat for answers to psychological issues. Not saying theres no connection at all, but its reaching. Raw milk and oj wont help you with feelings of unhappiness and desperation. Its good you're eating well Fred, but you have other kinds of issues and this is not a good place to try to solve it.

Peating helps tremendously with psychological issues. I am not sure why you think otherwise....

Most of your neurotransmitters are made in your gut, it's not that strange of a concept.

zooma

In one of his articles Ray says something along the lines of - once the endocrine system is fully understood, the field of psychiatry will be redundant.

Lightbringer

Sometimes take a B1 supplement - not sure if it helps, but it seems to make my bloating and face edema worse. I'm always fairly bloated - bordering on constant food baby, but have been like that for the past 2.5 years. Peating doesn't seem to have reduced it much (while going full fruitatarian has been the only thing that has helped in the past

If a fruitarian diet gets rid of the bloating and edema, I'd start with that - a fruit fast (or feast!) for a day or two and slowly introduce one food at a time. It may just be that raw milk or even broth as you mentioned may cause issues, so its better to eliminate (for a short period), things that don't work. Try alternatives whether its ultra-pasteurized or vat pasteurized. Either ways, you need to start an elimination diet - stick to what works as a base (fruits in your case) and add in one item at a time to figure out which is the problematic food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals