Coffee Sensitivity

Jasjeet

Hello,

I have been Peating since June, and I have noticed over the past month or so that I just cannot tolerate coffee. I am in my mid thirties now, and have been drinking coffee since early twenties. At that age I was drinking 3-4 cups a day, with no problems with sleep or anxiety. Over the past two-three years I have had various health issues that have made me more stressed out, which has led me to reduce the amount of coffee I drink, I even had periods where I abstained completely. I then got into Peat’s work whilst trying to get to the bottom of my health problems and thought I could try the coffee again – this time with more milk and sugar, and combined with food – however, I am now noticing that just one latte every morning is making me feel terribly anxious and sending me into negative thought patterns, as well as having poor sleep. Otherwise, Peating has helped me so far with my health, though I have put on weight (which I suppose was to be expected).

Has anyone had the same experience? I was thinking that, as my stomach is getting cleaner, I am absorbing food better, therefore the caffeine is more powerful than it had been previously?

I have also seen in some keto forums that people experience the same caffeine sensitivity once they have cleaned up their diet.

I really love coffee and the morning ritual, but it looks like it’s going to have to be a no-go for now ☹ (and I don’t really want to add tablespoons of sugar to it either…)

Jasjeet

ebs

Take it with ample sugar & milk and taurine, b vitamins, and perhaps some mucuna pruriens, progesterone and some thyroid. Works for me. Also glycine on a daily basis. You basically want to create a more gaba friendly environment.

If all else fails, coffee works amazing with phenibut, but I'd stay away from it as the cons outweigh its benefits fast.

K

Kratos

some people just can't handle caffeine no matter what. a few times when i was 3 and 4 where i believe my liver was 99.9% clean i tried coffee a lot in small amounts and got wired and felt weird and right now at 30 i can only handle a bit of coca cola and can't handle coffee and tea.

ebs

I'm only sensitive in the way that it affects my sleep.

I think I'm one of these people who's bodies have a problem (missing an enzyme or something) breaking down caffeine/coffee. If there was a specific caffeine receptor, mine is possibly very upregulated as I don't need more than a cup or two for its potency to last throughout the day. I definitely still feel some of its effects 12 hours after consuming.

Back in the days when I was younger and in worse metabolic health and in a higher stress state I always had a bad crash about 15-30 min after consuming coffee. Since I've implemented some of the RP community guidelines and using the supplements mentioned I no longer get these crashes. Coffee now gives a short dopamine/euphoria boost before returning close to baseline mental state (with the energy boost remaining) but no longer feeling worse after which I did back then.

To add, black tea enchanges coffee's effect so for years now whenever possible I'm always drinking a cup of coffee with a cup of black tea.

Last edited:
I have had that. I can drink coffee and sleep. But coffee gives me a stress reaction very easily now. I take my oral temps and they are 2.5F. Lower. I can’t drink huge amounts of coffee I used to. I have puzzled as to why.

OP
J

Jasjeet

Hi all...just to update this thread...

After some trial and error, I've managed to find a way to make coffee tolerable for myself again. The first part of this is improving my metabolism more generally by adding way more salt in my food. Though I was eating peatish foods, I had completely forgotten about the salt element. I am feeling calmer and more energised, but still have a way to go before I'm 100%. Secondly, I worked out I needed to add a lot more fats and protein to the coffee, and I have the following coffee recipe:

- boil a cup of goats milk (I used semi-skimmed; I find goat's milk easier on the system than cow's)
- then add to 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee, along with:
- 2 heaped teaspoons gelatin
- 2 heaped teaspoons white sugar
- a pinch of salt

Thirdly, I drink this with my breakfast, never before or after eating - always with food. I usually have two slices of sourdough toast with marmalade.

So far no negative effects, fingers crossed it stays this way!

JamesGatz

I find it extremely helpful taking coffee with watermelon - I only tend to tolerate coffee with watermelon it seems to counteract any negative effect I would feel from coffee - it's interesting as I don't tend to crave any other fruit with coffee except for that - but am unsure how they would work synergistically. Watermelon isn't exactly nutrient rich and I suspect maybe it does something about the vasoconstriction or stomach issues - I would highly recommend it

Apple

Coffee insreases starch persorption (3 times). Don't drink coffee after starchy foods

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals