Greatings from Abu Dhabi

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Wow! Your grandfather and Ray Peat are just a grand blessing. I ca imagine how hard it must’ve been to reject your mother’s food. How are you years later?
Thanks for asking. I think I am in a much better place health-wise than when I started but I gained weight. I am warm most of the time which is a good sign. I am blessed with a baby boy and soon baby girl (God's will) with my partner. She learned to despise PUFA from me :)

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Amazing story.

Could you tell us about dates which are available in UAE compared to the ones in the us (or western world)? I love dates but I am not sure how their quality is compared to the "real" stuff. Do you always eat them dried or also ground to make sweets? (Maybe you could share some recipes?)

Did your grandfather (or you) participate in fasting?

Was this really his whole diet? Ray mentioned a few times how such simplistic diets often lead to longevity.
What about other starches or honey?
We have fresh dates (summer time is their season) we even hold festivals dedicated for dates in the summer (Liwa Date Festival). We also import high quality dates from neighboring countries like Saudi Arabia. You can also buy dried dates and sweetened dates that are tightly packed and easy to stock.

My grandfather and I participate in fasting. We drink copious amounts of milk, coffee milk drinks, sugars and meat along with some starch in the evening.

He really eats a simple diet. He never consumes a lot of starch. If he eats them, he only eats white bread and rice and in small quantities along with lamb. He likes sweet stuff so honey is one of his tools.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals