I get no kick from caffeine...

seeyeff

♫ ... mere coffee drinks never fuel me at all. ♫ (Sung to the tune of "I Get a Kick Out of You" as featured in one of my favorite movie scenes.)

But seriously, caffeine seems to have little to no effect on me. I've never felt any stimulant effect from a coffee beverage of any kind. As an experiment, I once took 200mg of pure caffeine pills (which should have been like chugging two cups of coffee) and felt no stimulant effect at all, only a little bit of nausea.

I've done some research on it and there's a pretty good amount of information out there (for example this) that suggests that some people are just genetically insensitive to caffeine because they are "rapid caffeine metabolizers".

So my question is this: From a Peat pro-coffee, pro-caffeine perspective is this a good thing or a bad thing, or does it not matter? Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this genetic insensitivity / rapid-metabolizing would lessen or increase or have no effect on the Peat-described benefits of caffeine?

Daimyo

You might not get neurological stimulation from caffeine, though physiologically you get the benefits. If you want more stimulation from caffeine try taking aspirin with it.