Coffee Causing Bloating, Burping, Gas

Vileplume

2 tbsp of grounds is too strong for me and causes the same problem. Coffee passes undigested and upsets my gut. Accompanied by a jittery/stressed feeling.

But: It only happens when I do it french style or through a filter. Espresso does not cause this problem. If you want to try it, go to a good(!) coffee shop and order a Cappucino or Latte Macchiato and see if there is a difference for you. For me it‘s night and day, I can drink it as strong as I like.

What I do now to handle home made coffee is: Only one tbsp of grounds through a filter (I avoid french press because of the nickel sieve). The final drink is 30%coffee 10%cream 60%whole milk. Works like a charm. No indigestion, no jitters, and just enough of the good stuff to help my thyroid.
Hey boris, do you still notice espresso being easier on the gut? I've been getting really bloated from coffee and tried chemex, french press, and cold brew. Might try espresso next.

docall18

I find that taking coffee in the evening, after having plenty to eat earlier, stopped my stomach issues.

Vileplume

I find that taking coffee in the evening, after having plenty to eat earlier, stopped my stomach issues.
That's really interesting. I've also noticed that I tolerate coffee better later in the day. Are you still drinking coffee in the evening?

Veritas IV

With me it's still the same old, i simply need to space it well after a meal, filtered coffee.

Soon after a starchy/carb meal i get a little bloaty and sleepy, but never any gas though. One hour after that same meal, i may get a little bloat. 90 minutes to two hours after the meal, am in the clear. I've read that some need longer than that.

I can easily fight off any symptoms with just a short walk btw. And i can drink coffee shortly before any meal at any time of the day.

Those who get the bizarre morning experiences tend to be coffee noobs in my experience. A new habit that can take a while to get used to.

Vileplume

With me it's still the same old, i simply need to space it well after a meal, filtered coffee.

Soon after a starchy/carb meal i get a little bloaty and sleepy, but never any gas though. One hour after that same meal, i may get a little bloat. 90 minutes to two hours after the meal, am in the clear. I've read that some need longer than that.

I can easily fight off any symptoms with just a short walk btw. And i can drink coffee shortly before any meal at any time of the day.

Those who get the bizarre morning experiences tend to be coffee noobs in my experience. A new habit that can take a while to get used to.
Do you notice a difference filtered v unfiltered?

I've tried coffee on its own (or with plenty of milk) early in the day, then a long break before my first solid meal, and it still causes me problems like bloating and constipation. I've been drinking coffee for years, and sometimes I tolerate sometimes I don't.

Veritas IV

Do you notice a difference filtered v unfiltered?
I almost always have filtered, but i treat instant the same way out of habit. I did have a small/medium sized cup of strong unfiltered at a friend's home about two weeks ago, black & 1 sugar. It was soon after a small mixed meal, starches/carbs, proteins, fat. I did feel fine but distraction will cause me to ignore minor feelings, he did have a bunch of people over.

Maybe i should experiment with instant, smaller cup, stronger, 15-20 minutes after a meal.

In your case i'd say experiment with different preparations first, and if nothing works then abstain for a while. You may be able to reset yourself.

japanesedude

when i started taking 2g calcium a day,these stomach problem that I used to get from coffee has stopped.

LadyRae

All of the conversations regarding coffee on this forum are quite amusing in my opinion. Everyone posturing- coffee makes you burn fat! If you can't tolerate coffee you have a s***** liver! Take this with coffee, take that with coffee. Coffee will kill you! Coffee is relaxing! (Me)

The dairy conversations are also like this. There's just no way to tell exactly what's going on in a human body that makes coffee tolerable or not, ideal, or detrimental.

It's interesting to read everyone's method for drinking it, or rationale for not drinking it. But I don't really think that somebody else's experience will ever exactly be your own.

This all reminds me of children laying in a field looking at the clouds, I see a duck! No, I see a horse!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals