Made one change to coffee, now no more stress

-Luke-

Did you try it again? If so, how did you get on? Thanks
Yes, tried it every day this week so far. Breakfast at ~ 8 AM, coffee with lunch. No negative reaction at all. That's pretty surprising to me, because even the theanine didn't work for me with coffee.

Ismail

Yes, tried it every day this week so far. Breakfast at ~ 8 AM, coffee with lunch. No negative reaction at all. That's pretty surprising to me, because even the theanine didn't work for me with coffee.

Okay that's actually amazing!

I'm gonna try it too, caffeine just does not go well for me either, but it makes sense as to what you're doing. I guess if the glycogen stores (especially in the liver) are replenished before hand (especially for people with under-active thyroid and a liver which doesn't store glycogen well) then the caffeine can "work" more easily without the negative stress inducing effects (due to lack of glucose).

Will let you know once I get round to trying it too.

Thanks again.

Daft

I have a perhaps relevant finding.

This week I switched to using sugar and cream in my coffee, typical thing for people to do, and have to say I'm noticing a gradual shift in many things very positively.

Concentration in particular is improving. I'm reaching a more absorbed sustained attention more often, or "flow state". I suspect stress hormones which caffeine undoubtedly generally releases are overall being smoothened and controlled by the caloric substrate. This in turn smoothens arousal levels (Arousal), allowing better concentration and less attention jumping and attention deficit; for example: from external noises while working in a café, even listening to music with lyrics, prior to this would grab attention, and now I can even blast that music or not block external noises (via headphones) and remain completely honed in on reading or other activities.

I suspect digestive system adaptations to digesting cream and sucrose, by consistent modest exposure. This likely means more bile and sucrase production, among other things. The reason I avoided both before is I tended to have troubled digesting them, resulting in burping, stalled digestion and fog. I began again in an effort to reduce the acidity of pure coffee I suspected to be causing irritation and indigestion!

I suspect an over time gradual effect on overall inter-day lowering of stress hormones (area under curve) by this small nudging each time away from the enlisting of stress hormones, without even necessarily always supplying the fully demanded amount of calories x amount of caffeine demands at the time.

The paradoxical reaction of tiredness, fatigue, sleepiness from ingesting caffeine was there before often and now seems to have been abolished.

I was considering making a new post but figured I'd mention it here first at least.

Ismail

Okay that's actually amazing!

I'm gonna try it too, caffeine just does not go well for me either, but it makes sense as to what you're doing. I guess if the glycogen stores (especially in the liver) are replenished before hand (especially for people with under-active thyroid and a liver which doesn't store glycogen well) then the caffeine can "work" more easily without the negative stress inducing effects (due to lack of glucose).

Will let you know once I get round to trying it too.

Thanks again.

I tried this two days ago. I'm shocked! HAHA! It worked wow! So this is how it feels to use coffee and feel productive etc.!!!

Wow, I'm shocked, I didn't even take theanine with the coffee and I was okay, no jitters, no stress/cortisol feeling!

I just felt motivated (I hadn't slept well the previous night nevertheless I felt great)!

I had a hot chocolate at around 8.30am with extra honey and syrup. Around 12.30pm I had black coffee with a little semi-skimmed milk and a tea spoon of honey and I felt great. I didn't feel a slump later on either.

Will try it again later today and see how it goes! Excited!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals