Coffee With Amino Acid Powders, Anyone Tried This Mix?

gnosisphoenix

Hello all! Long time lurker, very first time poster, and I have a flavor question.

Normally I drink my first cup of coffee with some raw milk, sugar, and gelatin powder. I just ordered some Taurine and Lysine in powdered form. I've read that they have some impressive health benefits, and that they may help me on my quest to reduce body fat (which is going pretty well!).

My question is...has anyone put both of those in coffee, and how did it turn out? I can handle a little shifting of flavors, just wondering if this is a good idea in advance.

OP
gnosisphoenix

gnosisphoenix

Lol, I'm gonna. As soon as they get here. Tomorrow, I think. I just wanted an early warning in case they tasted like lemon or something that would ruin my day.

A.R

Lol, I'm gonna. As soon as they get here. Tomorrow, I think. I just wanted an early warning in case they tasted like lemon or something that would ruin my day.
So how was it then? Positive effects?

OP
gnosisphoenix

gnosisphoenix

Importantly, it doesn't taste like @$$. :D The flavor of the drink shifts a little, but it's not unpleasant at all. I've been drinking it every morning, and have noticed that I feel more even tempered and less mentally stressed, so I figure it's improving my physiological stress too. I've been sleeping far better than I have for months, possibly years, so that's reason enough to keep doing it. I do notice that I seem to have a little less energy through the day, but not so much less that I'm prevented from doing my job/working out/working on projects etc. I removed the collagen powder from the recipe though. I was skipping drinking OJ in the morning, and now I have the OJ and the collagen powder at roughly the same time as the coffee. So far, no noticeable effect on body composition, but I've also been eating probably a bit more than I need, and not working out heavily, more focused on healing right now.

A.R

Importantly, it doesn't taste like @$$. :D The flavor of the drink shifts a little, but it's not unpleasant at all. I've been drinking it every morning, and have noticed that I feel more even tempered and less mentally stressed, so I figure it's improving my physiological stress too. I've been sleeping far better than I have for months, possibly years, so that's reason enough to keep doing it. I do notice that I seem to have a little less energy through the day, but not so much less that I'm prevented from doing my job/working out/working on projects etc. I removed the collagen powder from the recipe though. I was skipping drinking OJ in the morning, and now I have the OJ and the collagen powder at roughly the same time as the coffee. So far, no noticeable effect on body composition, but I've also been eating probably a bit more than I need, and not working out heavily, more focused on healing right now.
Excellent, well done!

What are the dosages you've been using?

OP
gnosisphoenix

gnosisphoenix

I've been doing a rounded half of a kitchen teaspoon (not a measuring spoon) of the Taurine, Lysine, and BCAAs. I don't otherwise measure all that specifically.