I Think Coffee Can Produce Other Kind Of Stimulating Effects

Bogdar

Hey, I think I discovered something today

Recently someone posted a thread about quotes on coffee from Honore de Balzac “The Pleasures And Pains Of Coffee” By Honore De Balzac

What's interesting is this quote:

"Finally, I have discovered a horrible, rather brutal method that I recommend only to men of excessive vigor, men with thick black hair and skin covered with liver spots, men with big square hands and legs shaped like bowling pins. It is a question of using finely pulverized, dense coffee, cold and anhydrous, consumed on an empty stomach. This coffee falls into your stomach, a sack whose velvety interior is lined with tapestries of suckers and papillae. The coffee finds nothing else in the sack, and so it attacks these delicate and voluptuous linings; it acts like a food and demands digestive juices; it wrings and twists the stomach for these juices, appealing as a pythoness appeals to her god; it brutalizes these beautiful stomach linings as a wagon master abuses ponies; the plexus becomes inflamed; sparks shoot all the way up to the brain. From that moment on, everything becomes agitated. Ideas quick-march into motion like battalions of a grand army to its legendary fighting ground, and the battle rages. Memories charge in, bright flags on high; the cavalry of metaphor deploys with a magnificent gallop; the artillery of logic rushes up with clattering wagons and cartridges; on imagination's orders, sharpshooters sight and fire; forms and shapes and characters rear up; the paper is spread with ink - for the nightly labor begins and ends with torrents of this black water, as a battle opens and concludes with black powder. "

Well, since I started coffee I always thought I was really sensitive to cafeine (I might be) because I after a SINGLE SIP and after 2 to 5mins I could felt coffee energy flowing through me, kind of as Balzac describes.

I feel the same crashes as he describes too. I thought caffeine was quick acting but today I did it again, coffee on empty stomach. A single sip and 2min after (not even time to reach bloodstream, or did it?) BAM coffee energy, alertness, lack of stress etc.
I even felt my tendinitis which hurt every time I'm on high coffee effects for some reasons.
That isn't placebo.

What do you think?

My point is that it could act as a hormesis, maybe a stress adrenaline reaction effects which brings lots of energy from the inside (and not from cafeine or any compound). However that's why it's quickly deteriorating. I know some people can drink 4x as much coffee as I do and don't experience crashes, maybe this is where it plays

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hgreen56 How much caffeine from coffee powder goes through a coffee filter? Coffee 7
I EGCG a D2 antagonist ? Cancels coffee effect. Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
C Cronometer has removed Coffee? Coffee 3
P Cool coffee video Coffee 2
Indicator Coffee Alternative Coffee 4
M Coffee Makes Me Tired Coffee 9
T Does coffee interfere with vitamin E oral absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Twohandsondeck Anti-Peat Coffee causes joint stiffness or collagen lapse(?) Debate - Anti-Peat 20
R Habitual coffee drinkers display a distinct pattern of brain functional connectivity Scientific Studies 3
bzmazu I like this German article on coffee... Caffeine 3
A Is it worth to avoid from coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 19
L Suddenly unable to tolerate coffee Digestion 11
cupofcoffee Post-diagnostic coffee and tea consumption and breast cancer survival Coffee 0
cupofcoffee Coffee polyphenols ameliorate cognitive decline via maintenance of blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity in senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8 (SAMP8) Coffee 4
Lokzo Teacrine Benefits: An Alternative To Caffeine/Coffee Supplements 0
E McDonalds coffee Coffee 6
G Coffee enema vs normal enema for constipation Ask For Help or Advice 20
P Made one change to coffee, now no more stress Coffee 23
Stifler Extreme Stress Reaction from Coffee and Orange juice taken too close? Coffee 3
T I can barely smell anything after drinking coffee. Is this normal? Diet 3
bookshelf Blender Coffee with Egg, including variations Coffee 0
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Mr.Cacciatore Carrots salad with Coffee Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
IVILA Coffee Causing Bloating, Burping, Gas Coffee 18
jamies33 My Experience With Coffee After 3 Years Of Daily (ab)use Coffee 5
A Coffee Completely Reversing Flu Symptoms In A Matter Of Minutes? Coffee 5
metabolizm Coffee & Constipation Ask For Help or Advice 8
J Hot Tea > Hot Coffee As Thermogenic Hydration Stimulus Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 0
D Sugar In Morning Coffee Difficulty Breathing? Blood Sugar 10
lvysaur Guy Sees His RBCs Under Microscope After Coffee Coffee 6
R J Coffee Reliably Raises Temp And Makes Me Feel Great Ask For Help or Advice 1
D Coffee,Milk Plus Aspirin And MB Male Issues 2
E Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious? Miscellaneous 12
A Would Drinking Coffee Along With Turmeric Inhibit Iron Absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 5
E Coffee Associated With Improved Survival In Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients Scientific Studies 0
M Personal Anecdotal Evidence Re: Coffee Consumption And Height Miscellaneous Health Discussions 45
J Quiting Coffee - Decreased Appetite / Mobilizing FFA / Urinary Catecholamine Excretion Diet, Recipes 8
A Coffee Causes Diarrhea Ask For Help or Advice 9
Twohandsondeck Panera Bread Offers 32 Ounces Of Coffee Every 2 Hours For 90 Days For Free Society 1
J Coffee Sourcing Brands & Location Diet, Recipes 3
F Can Coffee Raise TSH? Coffee 1
Light Ice Coffee Slushy - Easy! Recipes 3
A Stinky Farts After Coffee Ask For Help or Advice 1
I High Adrenaline? Wake Up Pretty Warm But Cold Hands And Feet Right After Coffee Or Bf Metabolism 7
Twohandsondeck Making Coffee Even More Pro-thyroid With Seaweed (tasteless) Coffee 7
M Coffee And Cortisol Caffeine 1
Pieter Stress, Coffee, Wellbutrin, Sleep And Gelatin Blood Sugar 2
E Coffee Linked To Lower Body Fat In Women Scientific Studies 1
T Self-experiment: Feeling Great After 2 Weeks Of No Coffee Or White Sugar Coffee 75
metabolizm Love For Instant Coffee Diet, Recipes 6