I can't tolerate coffee anymore

barefooter

Coffee makes me feel amazing...until it doesn't. After the short lived happy warm moments, I crash hard from even a very small cup of coffee, with milk and sugar, with a meal. I used to be able to tolerate coffee with meals or with lots of sugar and milk, but even a small amount isn't worth the downside for me now. I get really bad low blood sugar symptoms, spacey, depressed, restless, and it will last for hours. My diet hasn't changed much, still pretty peaty although way less dairy and oj, since ultimately those weren't working for me and more starch, with pretty high protein most days, and the other usual things.

I really want to find a way to get my coffee, because it makes me feel so good. I've been drinking red bull a bit, and it doesn't seem to give me the crash. If I drink too much I get jittery, but I still feel mentally great and never the horrible crash that I have with coffee. I'm wondering what it is in the red bull that is allowing me to tolerate the caffeine better.

I'd rather not get too hooked on red bull, since it's expensive and some of the ingredients seem questionable, so I'm wondering what I can do to be able to tolerate either coffee or some caffeine concoction. I've been taking estroban for fat solubles, and some extra liquid k2 since I've heard that can help. Any other ideas for how I can increase coffee tolerance? Has anyone tried making their own energy drink similar to red bull. I'm imagining some kind of isotonic solution with caffeine, sugar, and vitamins.

Peata

Red Bull has Taurine, which can help smooth out the harsh effect of caffeine.

A

Anonymous

You have high stress hormones. Try Cyproheptadine to bring them down. Then you should be able to tolerate it.

Peata

Perhaps you can try having breakfast before your morning exercise and see if that fixes your coffee intolerance by reducing stress hormones.

Peatri Dish

Red bull has taurine. This mitigates the coffee jitters. There are plenty of posts on that. Just use the search engine. Maybe "coffee jitters" or "coffee crash" You'll get plenty of help. Good luck!

OP
B

barefooter

JRMoney15 said:
You have high stress hormones. Try Cyproheptadine to bring them down. Then you should be able to tolerate it.

It's literally on the way, just in customs in NY, so not sure how long until it makes it to the west coast. I'm a little reluctant to try it, as benadryl tends to make me feel spacey, and even gave me really weird vertigo once. I plan to cautiously start at a very tiny dose and see how it goes. I am hopeful that it will be helpful.

OP
B

barefooter

oxidation_is_normal said:
How is your life without caffeine?

It's pretty good, I have enough energy to function and get things done. But caffeine just gives me this spark that I can't seem to find without it. For now, red bull seems to be doing the trick, so I'm just going to keep things simple and stick with what's working.

How long have you gone off of caffeine? I've found when going off of it that I don't feel as alive - but that if I persist for about a week I feel at least as good without it. Most importantly, I feel my body produces extra energy when I need it and not when I don't (versus when using caffeine the body producing extra energy within the first minutes and hours within ingestion). Then somewhere along the way I get the idea to start drinking it again, feel great for the first 1-12 uses, and then the cycle repeats. I see others do this and I think that if we're honest we can see a similar pattern with other recreational drugs.

tara

How long have you gone off of caffeine? I've found when going off of it that I don't feel as alive - but that if I persist for about a week I feel at least as good without it. Most importantly, I feel my body produces extra energy when I need it and not when I don't (versus when using caffeine the body producing extra energy within the first minutes and hours within ingestion). Then somewhere along the way I get the idea to start drinking it again, feel great for the first 1-12 uses, and then the cycle repeats. I see others do this and I think that if we're honest we can see a similar pattern with other recreational drugs.
Yes, I think I was doing this pattern too, and have now backed off to just a little decaf.

OP
B

barefooter

gretchen said:
The sun eliminates all stress. How much time do you spend outside?

All stress? This is news to me :P

Yeah, I really wish that were the case. I get several hours of sun exposure every day. It certainly helps a lot but is only part of the puzzle.

tara

gretchen said:

Lucky plantation workers. :lol:

halken

gretchen said:

Gaze at the sun at dawn and 45 minutes after sunrise. Then gaze at the sun for 45 minutes before sunset and into dusk.

Do this in conjunction with grounding (i.e. feet on soil/sand/earth floor etc).

Stress will be but a fading memory.

--

On a different note, does drinking a cup of coffee on its own (without any food in your stomach) for a few hours cause anxiety?

FukushimaOyster

barefooter said:
Coffee makes me feel amazing...until it doesn't. After the short lived happy warm moments, I crash hard from even a very small cup of coffee, with milk and sugar, with a meal. I used to be able to tolerate coffee with meals or with lots of sugar and milk, but even a small amount isn't worth the downside for me now. I get really bad low blood sugar symptoms, spacey, depressed, restless, and it will last for hours. My diet hasn't changed much, still pretty peaty although way less dairy and oj, since ultimately those weren't working for me and more starch, with pretty high protein most days, and the other usual things.

I really want to find a way to get my coffee, because it makes me feel so good. I've been drinking red bull a bit, and it doesn't seem to give me the crash. If I drink too much I get jittery, but I still feel mentally great and never the horrible crash that I have with coffee. I'm wondering what it is in the red bull that is allowing me to tolerate the caffeine better.

I'd rather not get too hooked on red bull, since it's expensive and some of the ingredients seem questionable, so I'm wondering what I can do to be able to tolerate either coffee or some caffeine concoction. I've been taking estroban for fat solubles, and some extra liquid k2 since I've heard that can help. Any other ideas for how I can increase coffee tolerance? Has anyone tried making their own energy drink similar to red bull. I'm imagining some kind of isotonic solution with caffeine, sugar, and vitamins.

Redbull would be great if it did not contain citric acid and, more importantly, was not in a polymer lined can. The estrogenic activity (EA) of an acidic solution sitting in a polymer lined can for months on end is probably sky-high.

Making a Redbull substitute out of caffeine, taurine, niacinamide, fructose powder/sucrose and soda water is what I would do if I could not tolerate coffee.

halken said:
gretchen said:

Gaze at the sun at dawn and 45 minutes after sunrise. Then gaze at the sun for 45 minutes before sunset and into dusk.

Do this in conjunction with grounding (i.e. feet on soil/sand/earth floor etc).

Stress will be but a fading memory.

--

On a different note, does drinking a cup of coffee on its own (without any food in your stomach) for a few hours cause anxiety?

Some pretty diverse advice here. Taking stimulants stressing you out? Well stare at the sun without UV protection! That'll fix you all up!

halken

The light spectrum after sunrise and before sunset is vastly different than the sunlight (especially beyond 11am) heading into midday.

XPlus

barefooter said:

How's your endotoxin load like.
I noticed you've cut down on OJ and increased starch.
If you have digestive issues, it could be that your liver function is little impaired.

OP
B

barefooter

barefooter said:
How's your endotoxin load like.
I noticed you've cut down on OJ and increased starch.
If you have digestive issues, it could be that your liver function is little impaired.

I'm probably swimming in endotoxin, I have a lot of intestinal inflammation. I'm planning to get some labs done to check out my liver pretty soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals