Androsterone {write-up}

TubZy

Hey,

So I finally finished the androsterone post. I think one of the most important parts of the post if you decide to read is the first chart, specifically highlighting how the "backdoor" pathway that androsterone and 5a-DHP can function. I was actually confused at first by how androsterone functioned but the chart really helped.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

The chart is great. Good work , TubZy. I can't do androsterone, but hopefully 5a-DHP will have some positive results on mood.

Tarmander

Hey,

So I finally finished the androsterone post. I think one of the most important parts of the post if you decide to read is the first chart, specifically highlighting how the "backdoor" pathway that androsterone and 5a-DHP can function. I was actually confused by how androsterone functioned but the chart really helped.

Androsterone - Aromatase Inhibitor, Backstage Dht, & Thyroid Surrogate

Nice primer man. Thanks for sharing and contributing. The pollen is intriguing as a natural source of androsterone. Which did you like better, the pollen or the dmso androsterone? Which do you think would be better long term ?

Tarmander

The chart is great. Good work , TubZy. I can't do androsterone, but hopefully 5a-DHP will have some positive results on mood.

Do you think you eventually had a bad reaction to it because you ran out of cholesterol? I meant to ask you that in your thread. Androsterone is quite potent at lowering cholesterol if I remember right.

DaveFoster

Do you think you eventually had a bad reaction to it because you ran out of cholesterol? I meant to ask you that in your thread. Androsterone is quite potent at lowering cholesterol if I remember right.
Interesting hypothesis; I have no idea honestly. I'm skeptical that 30 mcg of androsterone would powerfully impact cholesterol.

Orion

I think it lowers cortisol and not cholesterol?

EDIT: I read TubZy's review, I see how it can lower cholesterol now, similar to T3.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Interesting hypothesis; I have no idea honestly. I'm skeptical that 30 mcg of androsterone would powerfully impact cholesterol.

I remember you felt good at first and then eventually started to feel bad. It seems androsterone is very powerful at stimulating the metabolism and using up cholesterol. Maybe it's a case of too much too often too fast or whatever. I wonder if taking it every other day or something would work better. Niacinamide feels great to me in high doses, I get like two days of God like feeling before I run out of whatever I run out of. This happens a lot with these metabolism supplements.

What if you did like 3mcg a couple/few times a day?

DaveFoster

I remember you felt good at first and then eventually started to feel bad. It seems androsterone is very powerful at stimulating the metabolism and using up cholesterol. Maybe it's a case of too much too often too fast or whatever. I wonder if taking it every other day or something would work better. Niacinamide feels great to me in high doses, I get like two days of God like feeling before I run out of whatever I run out of. This happens a lot with these metabolism supplements.

What if you did like 3mcg a couple/few times a day?
Could be. I might try 30 mcg once a week. It just made me feel flat; not really bad, but not good either.

Jsaute21

Well done @TubZy. Reading that article makes it a very tempting purchase. How long have you been supplementing with androsterone?

Wagner83

@TubZy has the tocopherols version yielded the same negative effects as the dmso one? ("low estrogens/cortisol")

Overall it looks like it has very little place to go besides androstanediol, androstanedione (not sure if both of those are positive) and then maybe dht.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Nice primer man. Thanks for sharing and contributing. The pollen is intriguing as a natural source of androsterone. Which did you like better, the pollen or the dmso androsterone? Which do you think would be better long term ?

Hey man, thanks. I like the pollen only because it helps me get in the vit, protein, and minerals (it's basically a food), but it just more expensive to run it at high doses (9-10 grams a day). They are both good though, although I don't use the DMSO version of androsterone b/c I'm allergic to DMSO. I use the non dmso version of androsterone 1-2x a week before bed.

I was using it daily before I got 5a-dhp. Once I got 5a-dhp, I stopped androsterone for the time being. My estrogen was dropping too low when I combine them on a daily basis. I have been off pine pollen for a while now, but thinking about starting again since writing this article reminded of it. I actually talked about the pollen in this thread too a while back .

Maximise Your Free Testosterone Levels

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Well done @TubZy. Reading that article makes it a very tempting purchase. How long have you been supplementing with androsterone?

Thanks guys.

I was supplementing it for a while 6+ months (pine pollen) before I even knew it contained androsterone. When I discovered haidut's androsterone, I switched to that and use a few times a week before bed. When I started 5a-dhp, I cut down using it androsterone daily because my estrogen would drop too low.

When I decide to drop off 5a-dhp or take a break from it, I will be getting back on androsterone daily.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

@TubZy has the tocopherols version yielded the same negative effects as the dmso one? ("low estrogens/cortisol")

Overall it looks like it has very little place to go besides androstanediol, androstanedione (not sure if both of those are positive) and then maybe dht.

No negative effects from the non DMSO one. If you use it topically though it takes longer to feel it but still works.

I just can't use dmso for some reason, I feel like flu like symptoms for a few days and an allergic type reaction on the skin.

Jsaute21

Ha, i have some Pine Pollen powder left over myself @TubZy. Put 1 big TBSP in my coffee today after reading that article, face instantly looks more chiseled and body feels harder than normal. There is no doubt pine pollen is good ***t. Only problem for me is i am a bit allergic to pollen so i go slow with it. Has anyone experienced any HPTA shutdown from androsterone? I use this type but got it for cheaper than this..

Surthrival: Pine Pollen Powder 48 Gr | eBay

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Ha, i have some Pine Pollen powder left over myself @TubZy. Put 1 big TBSP in my coffee today after reading that article, face instantly looks more chiseled and body feels harder than normal. There is no doubt pine pollen is good ***t. Only problem for me is i am a bit allergic to pollen so i go slow with it. Has anyone experienced any HPTA shutdown from androsterone? I use this type but got it for cheaper than this..

Surthrival: Pine Pollen Powder 48 Gr | eBay

Nice, dude. If you can try to get up to 3 tablespoons 3 times a day, your libido shoots up big time and muscles harden.

Funny you say the allergic issue. I can't use the tincture (which is supposed to be stronger) due to allergic type symptoms but the powder is fine. It was also suggested from superman/lost empire herbs that the powder is less allergenic which is why I decided to try it a long time ago and don't seem to have an issues with it though.

I think suppression is like 200mg+ or so, I have to check again. Even in super higher doses the suppression is still very minimal though even if it does. But I can't say the same thing for the pollen though (it's a food), which probably won't have any suppressive properties.

Gl;itch.e

Hey man, thanks. I like the pollen only because it helps me get in the vit, protein, and minerals (it's basically a food), but it just more expensive to run it at high doses (9-10 grams a day). They are both good though, although I don't use the DMSO version of androsterone b/c I'm allergic to DMSO.
EATS 10 GRAMS OF POLLEN. IS ALLERGIC TO < 1ML OF DMSO! :D

OP
TubZy

TubZy

EATS 10 GRAMS OF POLLEN. IS ALLERGIC TO < 1ML OF DMSO! :D

I guess I'm allergic to DMSO. I posted a pic on here of my skin after using dmso and everyone said it was allergic response.

tomisonbottom

Hey man, thanks. I like the pollen only because it helps me get in the vit, protein, and minerals (it's basically a food), but it just more expensive to run it at high doses (9-10 grams a day). They are both good though, although I don't use the DMSO version of androsterone b/c I'm allergic to DMSO. I use the non dmso version of androsterone 1-2x a week before bed.

I was using it daily before I got 5a-dhp. Once I got 5a-dhp, I stopped androsterone for the time being. My estrogen was dropping too low when I combine them on a daily basis. I have been off pine pollen for a while now, but thinking about starting again since writing this article reminded of it. I actually talked about the pollen in this thread too a while back .

Maximise Your Free Testosterone Levels

What made you think your estrogen was too low?

Do you think taking progesterone, dhea and estroban and androsterone (all normal dose) is too much estrogen/cortisol lowering for someone with low testosterone?

opethfeldt

Do you think taking progesterone, dhea and estroban and androsterone (all normal dose) is too much estrogen/cortisol lowering for someone with low testosterone?

I know that when my estrogen gets low, I have joint pain basically everywhere and I just feel sort of flat emotionally.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

fatigue, joint pain, cracking joints, flat muscles (can't get a good pump), ED, zero motivation

Possibly, but I would add in pregnenolone. That will help keep everything in check. My best gauge is morning wood, if you wake up with it everything is good, if you don't most likely something is out of wack..either too low of E or too high E.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals