OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Let's put this into perspective,

how much will this raise DHT compared to dhea, androsterone, pregnenolone, zinc , taurine etc ?

That I don't know yet as I have not done blood work yet. As far as I know there are no studies that have measured this directly. However, giving 5a-DHP does seem to raise pregnenolone and progesterone synthesis and thus lower cholesterol.

Mauritio

i dont know if this has been asked before but could it be that 5adhp is not only anti estrogen and anti prolactin, but also a bit anti-androgen in general?
i ask because i it seems to cancel out the benefits that i get from androgen stimulating supplements a little. it also seems to cancel out the increased estrogen and prolactin from the increased androgens! but i just cant fight the feeling that it has some anti-androgen effect too ...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i dont know if this has been asked before but could it be that 5adhp is not only anti estrogen and anti prolactin, but also a bit anti-androgen in general?
i ask because i it seems to cancel out the benefits that i get from androgen stimulating supplements a little. it also seems to cancel out the increased estrogen and prolactin from the increased androgens! but i just cant fight the feeling that it has some anti-androgen effect too ...

Well, it is a progestin and like all progestins in very high doses it can have anti-androgenic effects - in theory. In practice, 5a-DHP gets rapidly metabolized to allopregnanolone and allpregnanolone is part of the so-called "backdoor pathway" for synthesizing androsterone and then DHT. Google it for more info.
So, in doses smaller than 30mg I doubt it stays around long enough to have antiandrogenic effects.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have you found out what this precursor is?

As I mentioned in that post, it seems to be part of the backdoor pathway, which includes 5a-DHP, allopregnanolone, 17-OH-DHP, and 17-OH-allopregnanolone. Any of these supplied in extra amounts would probably raise DHT with less (if any) negative feedback.

Mauritio

Well, it is a progestin and like all progestins in very high doses it can have anti-androgenic effects - in theory. In practice, 5a-DHP gets rapidly metabolized to allopregnanolone and allpregnanolone is part of the so-called "backdoor pathway" for synthesizing androsterone and then DHT. Google it for more info.
So, in doses smaller than 30mg I doubt it stays around long enough to have antiandrogenic effects.
thanks !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals