1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Androsterone {write-up}

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by TubZy, Feb 12, 2017.

1. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

This is interesting to me because Ray's work makes it seem like low estrogen is such a good thing. I never really thought about watching for estrogen that's TOO LOW.

I'm curious, do you think there is a time in the future when your metabolism is higher where low estrogen wouldn't cause those issues? As in....as you're improving thyroid you still have to rely estrogen/cortisol at times, but eventually not?

2. OP
    TubZy

TubZy Member

Yup, I think if thyroid or some other underlying issue is not estrogen can drop TOO low very easily. Hence why if someone who is in a hypothyroid state takes something that can powerfully lower cortisol they can feel significantly worse.

I can handle much more estrogen/cortisol lowering supplements when I take caffeine+aspirin (thyroid surrogate).

3. Dante

Dante Member

I don't think the morning wood thing is as simple as low E or high E. It's more to do with norepinephrine-Testosterone action in REM sleep, wiki says that there are evidences that even full bladder can support an erection. :tearsofjoy:. I think there are more factors at play.

4. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

!

5. OP
    TubZy

TubZy Member

I agree, but E/DHT is involved majority of the time if T is fine. Ask any PFS suffer, even having a full bladder won't give you erection in the morning. DHT facilitates the release of nitric oxide in and out the penis.

6. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student

Hmmmm. That just seems counterintuitive to me. Would not the caffiene+aspirin combo lower cortisol even further?

Or you are positing that thyroid hormone itself may have a mood enhancing effect that can substitute the mental effect of cortisol? The important difference being that thyroid isn't degenerative. I suppose that could help.

Though when I was taking caffiene and aspirin with 10mg topical dhea every morning I was still getting irritable and feeling mentally fogged up. I still did it because of the energy boost for class. I ran into similar problems when I added in androsterone.

7. OP
    TubZy

TubZy Member

I'm talking in terms of caffeine+aspirin acting like T3 in the body.

Caffeine also increases preg and progesterone which can also keep everything in check as a master catalyst. Caffeine can also increase cortisol as well. Right, aspirin can lower it, but for some reason when I pair them together I get a much better effect when taken alone (if I take aspirin alone I really don't notice anything). Even caffeine + niacinamide works way better than compared to taking them separately.

8. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

@TubZy do you still take androsterone? Also wondering how your "thyroid surrogate is coming along"

9. OP
    TubZy

TubZy Member

Very good, actually, I'm topped out at 600mg caffeine at the moment.

From 200mg to 600mg I noticed a big difference all around. Only side effect is my gums have been killing me. I think the combo of aspirin and niacinamide with the much higher dose caffeine is really thinning my blood. The K2 hasn't helped though so I have no idea right now. Maybe progesterone is too high?

10. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student
    You take doses of 600mg caffiene? Are you actually taking hta multiple times daily?

I feel my blood thinning after 3 cups of coffee, and aspirin of course makes it more intense. I never feel pain in my gums though.