SIBO And LARGE Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth

ro.

Hey guys,

I see a lot on the internet about SIBO but can find hardly anything about large intestinal bacterial overgrowth. A recent hydrogen + methane test I did (results attached) suggests "mild small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) with a high level of colonic fermentation". So my question is how does LIBO come about, and is the protocol to fix it the same as SIBO?

Also, could a dysfunctioning ileocecal valve be what caused the SIBO? I ask as the main gastrointestinal symptoms i get are bloating, reflux (which hardly ever burns) and burping. You would think "a high level of colonic fermentation" would result in a lot of flatulation, however i hardly flatulate at all and mainly just burp. Is it possible the gas produced from the fermentation in the large bowel is passing through the ileocecal valve and into the small intestine and being burped out?

Another thought i had to explain my results was the possibility that the chart is only depicting what is going on in the small intestine, not the small AND large intestine. The lab said "The first two hours of a small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) breath test represent small intestinal bacterial fermentation of the lactulose loading dose, any increase in hydrogen or methane in this period suggests significant levels of bacteria in the small intestine. The production of hydrogen and methane from two hours is normally from the large bowel and is frequently higher than found in the small intestines due to significantly greater bacterial activity". Is it possible that I just have sluggish digestion and the results are only showing what's going on in the small intestine? For example recently it took me 7 hours to feel the effects of a pot brownie whereas it took my friends around 1-2 hours. Also I can taste meals up to 6 hours after i finished eating and this would also explain the excess burping.

Sorry for the grossness lol, but I'm really confused and any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Breath_test_results.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 70
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals