6 Months Into Peating, I Get Diabetes

KennethKaniff

I actually started showing symptoms after only about 3 months. And I am not resistant to insulin. I am very sensitive to insulin. I think you are confusing the two types of diabetes. Most people do. Of all the diabetics in the country, 90 to 95 percent are Type 2. That is the type that is insulin resistant, and usually overweight. I am Type 1.

Gotcha, I thought you were saying eating carbs/sugar caused you to almost instantly develop type 2 diabetes, so I was incredulous

PUFAsfree2001

When you stop eating a PUFA-rich diet what happens, if you have arachidonic acid in your cells, as is highly likely to be the case, is that arachidonic acid gets removed and replaced with Mead acid. This is a dangerous time, it would seem, and you should be on a very strict diet for at least about 5 months, high quality protein-rich, plenty of diverse antioxidant-rich foods, coconut oil or butter used as fat source (not heated), and avoiding over-eating and anything contrary to it (like soft drinks, too much sugar, or even any food item that has things like "natural flavors" or "spices" in the list of ingredients). I'll also mention that Ray Peat has not, TMK, addressed some new conditions that could play a role, such as Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. If you have that, you should find a protocol that works for you and then go with the Peat diet, if you like (and of course in my opinion).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals