Starch Vs. Sugar With Regard To Hypoglycemia

OP
S

stargazer1111

Thanks for your reply! Do you mind sharing what your current research is in?

Also, because you’re no longer directly working with vit A, will you please share where you and Generaux differ? Or do you have paper/ website describing your theory?

We differ on two points. One, he believes vitamin A is not really a vitamin and that there is no requirement at all for it in the human body. I vehemently disagree with this assertion and the many enzymes that have evolved to recognize the various isomers of vitamin A, especially in the eye, disprove this hypothesis.

Two, he believes beta carotene is also toxic. I do not. The body will only convert beta carotene to retinol when retinol stores are lower than optimal. It will never over-convert beta carotene to retinol and thus beta carotene is unlikely to ever produce vitamin A toxicity. However, some people have trouble converting beta carotene into retinol and those people must consume some retinol to avoid deficiency. I just think the optimal level is about 10 times lower than what the RDA is. 300-600 IU per day maximum is probably a better number than 5,000 IU per day. I think 5,000 is far too high.

Last edited:

Logan-

The same topic:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals