Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Did I Diabetes Myself? HYEEEELP!

Discussion in 'Blood Sugar' started by explosionlord, Jul 16, 2016.

1. OP
    explosionlord

explosionlord Member

Funny you mentioned gnocchi, as it's probably my favorite food and I really like making it a lot during holidays and for special occasions. With homemade alfredo, I think it's the perfect food.

Yeah, I know the thing with the sieving is a bit out there, but even *it* doesn't seem to be helping; potato juice pretty much instantly gives me silent reflux, dunno why. I stopped drinking it and have been doing okay with potatoes I microwave the hell out of. I've seen all the starch potatoes have from sieving, not sure why with it all in a highly nuked potato I'd be fine and not so with the juice, but typical annoying things I guess.

I have managed to get my pulse up a bit eating more often, but temps are still a struggle. (Which seems to be the opposite of most peoples' results on here)

I'm unsure where I read or heard Dr. Peat's view, just that he spoke of young red potatoes being the best as far as low starch content/higher sugar. That forum you linked me to also tied that together with the higher protein content of baby varieties, as apparently most protein in a potato is located directly under the skin; something to consider- I'll probably test baby reds and maybe that Clearwater variety if it can be found.

How many calories do you typically eat? I know we have different bodily profiles and all, but you did say you ate a lot to keep things in good shape. I've increased my meals to 6 a day, and was doing about 400 kcal per. Figure that way I at least get up over 2000. Still having trouble sometimes keeping up, with my workload and all, but I've done pretty solidly in the past week in preparing stuff and bringing it to class. Just worried the overall calories might be too low, as my weight isn't increasing consistently.

2. Dave M

Dave M New Member

Are you still having these issues explosionlord? I had very similar symptoms a year or two ago. I also got pain on the front of my abdomen right under my front two ribs after large meals. I found that rich foods, particularly things like chicken wings with bread sticks, or pizza, would really exacerbate the issue. And also smoking pot definitely made things worse, possible just by stimulating appetite. In a few bad episodes, I got really bad bloating in my abdomen, terrible water retention. I resolved all of this by stopping large rich meals, stopping smoking pot, and ironically taking on a more leangains like eating model. I mostly eat salads with chicken or beef, cook up steak eggs and bacon, avoid flour and starches, and only eat things like rice or other carbs after heavy workouts. Just my 2 cents, worked great for me. Hope you're feeling better, let me know me know if you've made any progress.

3. Dave M

Dave M New Member

I read up a little on leangains and realized I misspoke, my diet really wasn't leangains like at all. I eat lots of greens, don't really fast, have lots of skim milk. But I do time higher energy dense meals and more carbs with workouts. I really don't eat all that much fat outside of meat and eggs or the occasional avacado once a day or so. But I definitely saw a rapid turnaround eating tons of salad and avoiding pizza, wings, breadsticks and other american restaurant style food.

4. OP
    explosionlord

explosionlord Member

Hi Dave, thanks for the concern.

Symptoms have mostly subsided, especially the brain fog. I don't really do much different from those days, except keeping fat relatively low and not eating after 5 pm (though I'll usually have milk a bit before bed).

I've had lots of blood tests over the past 2 years, some by lame practitioners, some by pretty good ones; numbers are always tiptop, despite some symptoms here and there. For a while, I was having high basophils/eosinophils and tried to figure that out; came to find I was producing more IGA anti-gliadin antibodies. In stopping wheat completely and dealing with gingivitis with flossing and limiting serotonin sources, those inflammation numbers went down.

I still am perplexed as to what caused those specific symptoms back then, as again I really haven't changed too much. Interesting you mention Leangains, as I still do Berkhan's workout style, but shed the diet a while back.