Freaking Out about Blood Sugar

OP
J

JDW

Hello Everyone! Sorry, I was out of town for my anniversary and some much needed time away from the kids! :) I managed to lower my stress quite nicely but then upon arrival home I got confirmation from a mold testing place that there is indeed significant mold in our rental home. Not stachybotrys but high levels of Aspergillus niger. Sigh... if it's not one thing its another.

Wow, there is some amazing info here on this thread. I'm going to read through it all more carefully but it sounds like I need to get on thyroid meds ASAP. I actually have some Cytomel pills left over from a few years ago which I could start with but I'll have to do a lot more research on dosage and methods.

peatarian - I will go and get your message and read up!!! THANKS!!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz

peatarian said:
...problems ranging from writer's block...

peatarian--

This maybe could turn into a separate thread,
but I wanted to ask you:
You mention "writer's block."
Have you noticed any correlation between Peatism and Creativity...?

peatarian

Yes. But that would be a different thread.

About Ray Peat:
“That he sometimes completely stops reading and talking for several days because he believes too much verbalisation damages the brain. During those days he paints and does sculpture instead to stimulate the areas of the brain that are responsible for creativity and three dimensional thinking.”

By Ray Peat (from an e-mail):
"While I was (...) a psychology major, I did some surveys (1957) relating to creativity and types of thought and dreaming, following up some ideas I found in Brewster Ghiselin's book The Creative Process. I felt that the current US view of the brain as a computing device with nerves serving as wires and switches was completely inappropriate, even for understanding things such as the perception of odors and musical pitch, and around that time a practical study of creativity was published, in a book called Synectics, and I saw that Pavlov's colleague P.K. Anokhin had been developing a much better understanding of brain function. The fact that sensations and perception of space in dreams can be so convincing led me to feel that biological/metabolic processes in the brain reproduce in fairly direct or literal ways things in the external world, i.e., that our experience of internal colors and smells and sounds are probably a sort of electrochemical resonance within nerves---with a nerve and its surroundings, spatial parts of the brain, taking on energetic states with the frequencies that are closely analogous to the frequencies produced by the external objects, colors, chemical odors, sound vibrations, as well as other kinds of patterned relationships. If "photons" or electromagnetic interactions within the organism are the substance of consciousness, then the electronic properties of nutrients, hormones, and drugs are important, rather than their geometric form, as interpreted by the "lock-and-key" "receptor and ligand" doctrine. I think the active chemical in St. John's wort is hypericin, an anthroquine (very similar to emodin, in cascara, and to vitamin K and tetracycline), which is a large system of conjugated electrons, that interacts powerfully with our cellular regulatory systems.
(...)
I suspect that growing up with creativity involves opportunities that cause the brain to develop various sensitivities and resonances, and that the brain functioning in these ways calls up the energetic and hormonal resources that it needs, and ideally that includes an array of chemicals that enrich and intensify consciousness, allowing very complex internal experiences to be generated."

narouz

peatarian said:
Yes. But that would be a different thread.

About Ray Peat:
“That he sometimes completely stops reading and talking for several days because he believes too much verbalisation damages the brain. During those days he paints and does sculpture instead to stimulate the areas of the brain that are responsible for creativity and three dimensional thinking.”

By Ray Peat (from an e-mail):
"While I was (...) a psychology major, I did some surveys (1957) relating to creativity and types of thought and dreaming, following up some ideas I found in Brewster Ghiselin's book The Creative Process. I felt that the current US view of the brain as a computing device with nerves serving as wires and switches was completely inappropriate, even for understanding things such as the perception of odors and musical pitch, and around that time a practical study of creativity was published, in a book called Synectics, and I saw that Pavlov's colleague P.K. Anokhin had been developing a much better understanding of brain function. The fact that sensations and perception of space in dreams can be so convincing led me to feel that biological/metabolic processes in the brain reproduce in fairly direct or literal ways things in the external world, i.e., that our experience of internal colors and smells and sounds are probably a sort of electrochemical resonance within nerves---with a nerve and its surroundings, spatial parts of the brain, taking on energetic states with the frequencies that are closely analogous to the frequencies produced by the external objects, colors, chemical odors, sound vibrations, as well as other kinds of patterned relationships. If "photons" or electromagnetic interactions within the organism are the substance of consciousness, then the electronic properties of nutrients, hormones, and drugs are important, rather than their geometric form, as interpreted by the "lock-and-key" "receptor and ligand" doctrine. I think the active chemical in St. John's wort is hypericin, an anthroquine (very similar to emodin, in cascara, and to vitamin K and tetracycline), which is a large system of conjugated electrons, that interacts powerfully with our cellular regulatory systems.
(...)
I suspect that growing up with creativity involves opportunities that cause the brain to develop various sensitivities and resonances, and that the brain functioning in these ways calls up the energetic and hormonal resources that it needs, and ideally that includes an array of chemicals that enrich and intensify consciousness, allowing very complex internal experiences to be generated."

I started a new thread in General Discussion
called "Peat, Peating, and Creativity."
I put the last couple of posts over there for starters.

inatic

peatarian said:

* female hair loss: Usually stops as soon as you use enough thyroid and progesterone. As long as you don't use estrogen and alcohol or smoke.

I realize this is old but just wanted to bring it back up. WIll lost hair and patches really recover?

why no estrogen? Our youthful bodies have way more than this 51yo lean body.

my hair took a rapid exit when i switched from my compounded progesterone capsules (200mg) and tried to use progest e.. Ray recently told me that .5 teaspoon was equal to the amt i was taking. no wonder my body was shocked!

part of me kept wondering if also it was the stoppage of 6g grams of Fish oils a day thinking my body thought it was in 'shock' and suddenly efa deficient thought i know the believe is really b deficientcy.

leo

I know this thread began last year...but in my spare time I am reading old posts so as not to have to ask so many questions that have been covered before.

I am curious to know if this poster JDW's sugar finally came down while continuing to Peat or if she had to abandon ship.

Does anyone know? I think it is useful to know when people were having problems, what if anything eventually sorted out.

Roosty

I would aswell like to know the JDW's progress after a year of peating.

Has anyone been in touch with her ?