15 Foods To Increase DHT

Kunstruct

This study is circulating on the internet ever since it was done and it is the main reason Creatine is quoted as causing hairloss ever since.

Not that I am claiming that, just saying what a massive impact it had. Also I am not sure if there is any other study to claim that or to intend to study the effects of creatine on DHT.

minimul

but I'd prefer it the way Peat eats it; as a tortilla, where the anti-nutrients have been removed as well as the PUFAs.

@Hans

Attached is a corn tortilla brand I have available.

– Is it a "proper" tortilla?

– Say I have the ground beef with a proper tortilla – will I adequately absorb the beef's zinc?

- The tortilla itself is high in some hard-to-get micro nutrients such as magnesium. Would they be as bioavailable as with an animal-based food?

Attachments

• corn-tortillas.jpg
    corn-tortillas.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 7

Hans

@Hans

Attached is a corn tortilla brand I have available.

– Is it a "proper" tortilla?

– Say I have the ground beef with a proper tortilla – will I adequately absorb the beef's zinc?

- The tortilla itself is high in some hard-to-get micro nutrients such as magnesium. Would they be as bioavailable as with an animal-based food?
If it's Nixtamalized, then it's proper tortillas.
Yes you'll still absorb the zinc. Corn tortillas does have phytic acid which inhibits zinc absorption, but Nixtamalized tortillas have reduced phytic acid.
Same for magnesium.

sun-maid

sun-maid

To a degree yes, as the processing doesn't completely get rid of all the phytic acid.
I see. Would you be comfortable giving a number of hour before/after ingesting oyster till I can eat corn tortilla without inhibiting the zinc ?

Hans

I see. Would you be comfortable giving a number of hour before/after ingesting oyster till I can eat corn tortilla without inhibiting the zinc ?
I'd say eating the tortilla about 60min before should be fine, and then afterwards, 2-4 hours depending on how many oysters you've eaten.

minimul

FYI: Food For Life's Sprouted Corn Tortilla are indeed nixtamalized.

Currently I'm experimenting with a sprouted wheat bagel from Alvarado Street Bakery brand.
In the bagel ingredient list are "Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid". Are these bad?

One big bonus of the sprouted corn over the sprouted wheat is the phosphorus to calcium ratio is much better in the corn (or at least with these two products I'm comparing).
Food For Life Sprouted Corn Tortilla (2 tortillas): Calcium 68m / Phosphorus 91m
Food For Life Sprouted Wheat English Muffin (1 muffin): Calcium 20mg / Phosphorus 164mg

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hgreen56 Hot Foods Or Drinks Makes Me Tired, Hot Temperature Increase Serotonin? Diet 0
Hans Best Foods To Increase Dopamine Articles 25
lvysaur Bitter Foods Increase Thyroid Function, Stomach Acid Scientific Studies 26
J How To Increase Breast Size Naturally Through Foods? Health 10
T Now Foods Vitamin E 400 mixed tocopherols experiences and reviews Ask For Help or Advice 2
R Can you "feel" how different foods affect you? Diet, Recipes 8
Sam321 Silica found in many Whole Foods milk brands Ask For Help or Advice 118
M Best trace minerals foods? (Boron, molybdenum etc) Diet 7
M Zinc and copper average foods that are always and everywhere to get Ask For Help or Advice 20
miquelangeles How to avoid depressive symptoms when eating choline rich foods? Ask For Help or Advice 19
R Suppliers Thread - Supplements, heatlth foods, pharmaceuticals, other products Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
J Am I good to eat red meat with H63D gene as long as i donate blood, eat iron rich foods with calcium Minerals 1
Hans Top 6 Anti-Constipation Foods (#1 is a must eat) Articles & Scientific Studies 30
Velve921 New OJ at Whole Foods Is Sweeter Fruits & Fruit Juice 23
PeatBull Foods that rhyme Recipes 2
D Anti Estrogenic Foods and Supplements Diet 3
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 36
RealNeat Safety of animal foods compromised by vaccination? Animals 2
Geronimo Foods I Like That Like Me Diet 3
Adrienlcrx Sprouted Foods Diet 2
Hans Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury Articles & Scientific Studies 52
R J Manganese Foods For Dog Diet, Recipes 9
B Backpacking Foods Ask For Help or Advice 6
Hgreen56 There Is Plastic In Every Honey That Exists (and Other Foods) Diet, Recipes 16
Hgreen56 Foods With High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) Contains More Kcal Than Mentioned On Label? Diet, Recipes 8
D Now That Whole Foods Doesn't Offer Bulk Herbs Where Are You Getting Yours ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
J Should One Avoid High Vit A Foods If They Have Taken Accutane In Their Life? A 12
Twohandsondeck Anti-Peat Liver And Oysters Aren't Health Foods? Debate - Anti-Peat 38
wealthofwisdom What Specific PUFA Foods Did You Remove From Your Diet? Diet 49
K Foods/supplements To Avoid And Add For P450 Regulation? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Foods That Can Help To Heal The Liver Articles & Scientific Studies 24
V Foods With A Good Glycine / Methionine Ratio Diet 1
Hans The Peat Ratio Of Foods (Glycine Vs Methionine, Cysteine And Tryptophan) Discussing Dietary Models 33
K Foraging Wild Foods Fruits 7
A Night Terrors/Sleep Disturbances/Irritability After Eating Starch/other Foods (Ex Carnivore) Digestion 10
N Phytic Acid & Interactions With Other Foods Miscellaneous Health Discussions 18
S Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice Ask For Help or Advice 15
Digital Samurai Safe Foods? Can't Find Many. How Do I Get Out Of This? Digestion 2
Max. (Preppers Topic) Stockpiling For Coronavirus, Best Foods, Meds, Etc? Ask For Help or Advice 48
C Acidic Foods Trigger Seb Derm? Skin 2
Hans List Of Aromatase Inhibiting Foods Articles 21
A.D. Foods For Family Member With Type 2 Diabetes Diet 2
J Blending Foods/fruits Is It Okay? Digestion 1
Such_Umami Peat Friendly Indian Takeaway Foods Ask For Help or Advice 3
Hans Top 12 Foods To Boost Testosterone Articles 54
haidut Emulsifiers Found In Most Commercial Foods Cause Brain Tumors, Hemorrhage, And Stroke Scientific Studies 2
M Copper And Zinc Foods? Diet 43
Lenny Opinions On "mainstream" Health Boosting Foods? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hans How To Protect Yourself Against The Damages Of EMF/wifi With Foods And Supplements Articles 19
postman What Foods Are The Lowest In Iron? Diet 0