Immanency

We don't have to forget how maladaptive daydreaming desensitize dopamine receptors. People who went through high stress at some point experience excessive daydreaming which acts as masturbation.
After we stop daydreaming, the first days boringness will come and your mind will push you towards daydreaming but we have to put resistance.
Of course, having high dopamine levels will make easier for a person to switch to present moment. I noticed B1 helps knowing that increases cognitive function.
During next days I will see how it is with 1.5g of B1 and 150% RDA Magnesium.
hello,what are you refering to when you say "daydreaming"?

Mauritio

that’s some great finds Mauritio. What dosages have you found beneficial with phenylpiracetam?
I found 50-100mg the most beneficial.
I wouldn't use it daily though. Not sure if that's safe, although I saw some russian data that says it is, but I certainly felt weird after stopping it after taking it for 4 weeks.

hello,what are you refering to when you say "daydreaming"?
Imagining and creating scenarios in your head of great moments, accomplishments that are not real. For example: imagining scoring the last goal in the world cup and everybody cheering like crazy, or thinking about scenarios where everything you say make people from your group laugh, or getting that girl that you want, etc.

Motorneuron

Imagining and creating scenarios in your head of great moments, accomplishments that are not real. For example: imagining scoring the last goal in the world cup and everybody cheering like crazy, or thinking about scenarios where everything you say make people from your group laugh, or getting that girl that you want, etc.
What Sounds Like Narcissistic Symptoms?

I don't remember where I read that even people with excess copper (hair test) are the ones who fantasize the most with their eyes open... but this is related to chemistry.

What Sounds Like Narcissistic Symptoms?

I don't remember where I read that even people with excess copper (hair test) are the ones who fantasize the most with their eyes open... but this is related to chemistry.
Probably yes, but in my experience it's also about others, for example making a friend happy by helping him with lots of money or helping a homeless man rebuild his life.
Those daydreaming scenarios I had them in the past, but also not often.
I recognize myself as a high copper individual. When I was eating 500g of mushrooms a day and liver once a week, I was waking up with an afterglow effect. Sometimes I was tripping and euphoric by just looking at the nice weather and old communist buildings.

I don't know to what degree copper levels increase dopamine levels.

jaype

Phenylpiracetam has an anti-endotoxin and anti-inflammatory effects and increases dopamine via DAT inhibition!

Phenylpiracetam was amazing for me, no other nootropic that I've tried compares. Too bad I can't find it in the US anymore.

Mauritio

Phenylpiracetam was amazing for me, no other nootropic that I've tried compares. Too bad I can't find it in the US anymore.
Nootropics depot doesnt carry it anymore ?

Motorneuron

It works, but the tolerance is very fast and it is not always recommended to go up but to take some OFF days.

Jinzo

Probably yes, but in my experience it's also about others, for example making a friend happy by helping him with lots of money or helping a homeless man rebuild his life.
Those daydreaming scenarios I had them in the past, but also not often.
I recognize myself as a high copper individual. When I was eating 500g of mushrooms a day and liver once a week, I was waking up with an afterglow effect. Sometimes I was tripping and euphoric by just looking at the nice weather and old communist buildings.

I don't know to what degree copper levels increase dopamine levels.
So true I have day dreamed way too much throughout my life. Any tips to stave this away?

So true I have day dreamed way too much throughout my life. Any tips to stave this away?
I am against meditation in general but to be honest is what helped me the most. In the long term I felt emotional numbing and a lower ego tho. So instead, try to pay attention to the surroundings (not to your breathing) and if some thoughts come to your head, observe them, don't pay attention and move on. Sometimes with my friend, I play the game "lower your IQ" which means that everything one says doesn't have to be smart, interesting or funny. Interestingly enough, we become funnier and wittier. During this game you can feel free and observing your thoughts is way easier, living the moment is also easy.
The first day is the hardest because daydreaming is your main source of dopamine. Just keep going.

mostlylurking

Perhaps defining daydreaming more clearly could salvage this thread. I'm suggesting taking the time to listen to this lecture by John Taylor Gatto; in it he explains the importance of "daydreaming". People are referred to as "human beings" and not "human doings" for a reason.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D_lCyffe0w

Jinzo

I am against meditation in general but to be honest is what helped me the most. In the long term I felt emotional numbing and a lower ego tho. So instead, try to pay attention to the surroundings (not to your breathing) and if some thoughts come to your head, observe them, don't pay attention and move on. Sometimes with my friend, I play the game "lower your IQ" which means that everything one says doesn't have to be smart, interesting or funny. Interestingly enough, we become funnier and wittier. During this game you can feel free and observing your thoughts is way easier, living the moment is also easy.
The first day is the hardest because daydreaming is your main source of dopamine. Just keep going.
Yes I have been getting better at observing my thoughts and being aware of them. I think it's the first step. Interesting game I will have to give it a go!

CO2

Forum Supporter
Yes I have been getting better at observing my thoughts and being aware of them. I think it's the first step. Interesting game I will have to give it a go!
Any progress with this? I have always been a daydreamer especially when listening to music. However I also noticed that I do this when I am already in a state of low dopamine/ low androgen, whereas when I am feeling androgenic I will be much more in the moment, observing etc... and listening to music will only enhance that state. So my running theory is that it is more of a coping mechanism than the cause of low dopamine, but it will exacerbate things if you rely on it just like masturbation or short-form content online. Increasing dopamine will reduce your daydreaming without much direct intervention on your part. But the advice about trying to be more observant and whatnot is definitely helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom