15 Foods To Increase DHT

Kunstruct

This study is circulating on the internet ever since it was done and it is the main reason Creatine is quoted as causing hairloss ever since.

Not that I am claiming that, just saying what a massive impact it had. Also I am not sure if there is any other study to claim that or to intend to study the effects of creatine on DHT.

76er

but I'd prefer it the way Peat eats it; as a tortilla, where the anti-nutrients have been removed as well as the PUFAs.

@Hans

Attached is a corn tortilla brand I have available.

– Is it a "proper" tortilla?

– Say I have the ground beef with a proper tortilla – will I adequately absorb the beef's zinc?

- The tortilla itself is high in some hard-to-get micro nutrients such as magnesium. Would they be as bioavailable as with an animal-based food?

Attachments

• corn-tortillas.jpg
    corn-tortillas.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

Attached is a corn tortilla brand I have available.

– Is it a "proper" tortilla?

– Say I have the ground beef with a proper tortilla – will I adequately absorb the beef's zinc?

- The tortilla itself is high in some hard-to-get micro nutrients such as magnesium. Would they be as bioavailable as with an animal-based food?
If it's Nixtamalized, then it's proper tortillas.
Yes you'll still absorb the zinc. Corn tortillas does have phytic acid which inhibits zinc absorption, but Nixtamalized tortillas have reduced phytic acid.
Same for magnesium.

sun-maid

sun-maid

To a degree yes, as the processing doesn't completely get rid of all the phytic acid.
I see. Would you be comfortable giving a number of hour before/after ingesting oyster till I can eat corn tortilla without inhibiting the zinc ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I see. Would you be comfortable giving a number of hour before/after ingesting oyster till I can eat corn tortilla without inhibiting the zinc ?
I'd say eating the tortilla about 60min before should be fine, and then afterwards, 2-4 hours depending on how many oysters you've eaten.

76er

FYI: Food For Life's Sprouted Corn Tortilla are indeed nixtamalized.

Currently I'm experimenting with a sprouted wheat bagel from Alvarado Street Bakery brand.
In the bagel ingredient list are "Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid". Are these bad?

One big bonus of the sprouted corn over the sprouted wheat is the phosphorus to calcium ratio is much better in the corn (or at least with these two products I'm comparing).
Food For Life Sprouted Corn Tortilla (2 tortillas): Calcium 68m / Phosphorus 91m
Food For Life Sprouted Wheat English Muffin (1 muffin): Calcium 20mg / Phosphorus 164mg

Last edited:

sun-maid

I'd say eating the tortilla about 60min before should be fine, and then afterwards, 2-4 hours depending on how many oysters you've eaten.

Ray said he ate nixtamalize corn in one of Danny Roddy podcast, so I guess my corn flour is good.

Dutchie

Interesting.....this article is written for men.
I'm not a man,but I get in quite some things mentioned on the list. I also have an unwanted case of hirsutism (facial),so I wonder if my pro-dht diet might be the reason for this...
As in (higher) DHT not being favorable for women?

(I've been checked for PCOS and thankfully don't suffer from it. )

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ray said he ate nixtamalize corn in one of Danny Roddy podcast, so I guess my corn flour is good.
If you tolerate it well. :) It gave me weird stomach feelings. Difficult to describe.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting.....this article is written for men.
I'm not a man,but I get in quite some things mentioned on the list. I also have an unwanted case of hirsutism (facial),so I wonder if my pro-dht diet might be the reason for this...
As in (higher) DHT not being favorable for women?

(I've been checked for PCOS and thankfully don't suffer from it. )
Excess facial hair growth in a woman and body hair growth on arms, shoulders, back, etc, is mainly due to excess activity of the adrenal glands. So a pro-DHT diet shouldn't cause it.

A.D.

@Hans Would you add honey to this list? Or would you say it would only raise testosterone and not DHT since the fructose has a buffering effect on insulin?

Thank you for your time. I've learned so much.

JamesGatz

Any thoughts on Pineapple @Hans - I think it gets a bad rap here because of its serotonergic properties but it stimulates DHT strongly for me but I always have to take it with coffee and honey to combat the serotonergic effects

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans Would you add honey to this list? Or would you say it would only raise testosterone and not DHT since the fructose has a buffering effect on insulin?

Thank you for your time. I've learned so much.
I really have no idea what effect it will have on DHT. Since it increases testosterone, there should be more T to convert to DHT. So perhaps a linear relationship.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts on Pineapple @Hans - I think it gets a bad rap here because of its serotonergic properties but it stimulates DHT strongly for me but I always have to take it with coffee and honey to combat the serotonergic effects
How do you experience both pro-DHT and pro-serotonin effects? Those should be in opposition. IMO pineapple is fine as long as you tolerate it fine. It's a good source of manganese, which helps to lower serotonin. The carb content should also help to improve the dopamine to serotonin ratio.