Top 12 Foods To Boost Testosterone

berk

how much cholesterol is needed?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
how much cholesterol is needed?
Your body quickly regulates how much it absorbs and synthesizes and excretes so there is a limit to the benefit. Research haven't been done yet on various doses of cholesterol and testosterone, but I'd say 2-4 yolks long term is good and maybe bump that up to 12 per day for a few weeks every now and again.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Very cool thanks. Hot peppers are also pretty effective at boosting testosterone and androgen expression in general (via capsaicin): Effects of capsaicin on testis ghrelin expression in mice. - PubMed - NCBI (increased testosterone from 3.76 ng/ml to 9.47 ng/ml in rats).
Thanks man, I'll add that one to the garlic and ginger section.
What brand of cocoa are you using
Nothing specific at the moment, but Lifegivingstore has a good clean product.

Aymen

Opioidus

Increasing testosterone production without increasing T to DHT conversion ratio in comparison to T to Estrogen conversion ratio is just asking for gyno and anxiety. We need more DHT, and more androgen receptors not more T. Read somewhere that Indians have the highest T levels of all races, yet they're one of the least athletic. Blacks on the other hand have higher androgen receptor density and sensitivity.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Increasing testosterone production without increasing T to DHT conversion ratio in comparison to T to Estrogen conversion ratio is just asking for gyno and anxiety. We need more DHT, and more androgen receptors not more T. Read somewhere that Indians have the highest T levels of all races, yet they're one of the least athletic. Blacks on the other hand have higher androgen receptor density and sensitivity.
Indians as in native Americans or from India? Native americans were described as very fierce warriors.

Higher T is inevitable if you improve health. I'll be doing articles on food for increasing DHT and lowering estrogen soon as well.

Dino D

Your body quickly regulates how much it absorbs and synthesizes and excretes so there is a limit to the benefit. Research haven't been done yet on various doses of cholesterol and testosterone, but I'd say 2-4 yolks long term is good and maybe bump that up to 12 per day for a few weeks every now and again.
12 per weak... whitout the whites?

Opioidus

Indians as in native Americans or from India? Native americans were described as very fierce warriors.

Higher T is inevitable if you improve health. I'll be doing articles on food for increasing DHT and lowering estrogen soon as well.
As in India, and I'm sorry it wasn't a study I was remembering it was a post by some race realist blog I had read years ago : Testosterone | Ethnic Muse

He has some references but the overall tone and format of that blog de-legitimizes the whole thing to some degree. So disregard the second part of my first comment.

baccheion

Doesn't DHT lower elastin gene activity/expression among other things? I can understand having enough to oppose estradiol. On the other hand, it seems to lead to degeneration of skin and aorta at least.

Constatine

nice, i didn't eat hot peppers for years but what is the mechanism behind instant itchy hair when eating it?
It could be androgen related but I doubt it. Could also be due to intestinal irritation as some people seem to be sensitive to capsaicin. Research seems to indicate capsaicin is good for hair growth but if it's causing scalp inflammation then I would avoid it.

scoobydoo

Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of these. Looking forward to catching up on some reading tonight

one question I have is it’s been touted for a while that lower blood levels of cholesterol leads to low testosterone production however there have been studies that have found that it only negatively effected production when ldl levels were under 25ng/dL

Constatine

Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of these. Looking forward to catching up on some reading tonight

one question I have is it’s been touted for a while that lower blood levels of cholesterol leads to low testosterone production however there have been studies that have found that it only negatively effected production when ldl levels were under 25ng/dL
Statins and Dietary and Serum Cholesterol Are Associated With Increased Lean Mass Following Resistance Training. It seems to be directly associated with muscle mass increases so I'd guess that at least part of it's mechanism of action is further increasing anabolic steroids. Even if a lowish dietary cholesterol intake doesn't lead to low levels of testosterone (which I think it does) it might still lead to reduced muscle mass.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
12 per weak... whitout the whites?
Yes if raw I'd prefer them without the whites.
Nice article! I look through your website now and again.

Oysters. Supplement-levels of zinc :handfist:
:cheers
Doesn't DHT lower elastin gene activity/expression among other things? I can understand having enough to oppose estradiol. On the other hand, it seems to lead to degeneration of skin and aorta at least.
In summary these in vitro data show that the T and DHT (via their anti-inflammatory effects) preserve endothelial cell function and prevent synthesis of cell adhesion molecules and release of proinflammatory cytokines. These findings could explain some of the previously described clinical observations of the relationship between low T and DHT and peripheral vascular disease and the anti-ischemic effects of acute infusion of T in men with CAD and similar effects by DHT gel treatment (101, 104).
Dihydrotestosterone: Biochemistry, Physiology, and Clinical Implications of Elevated Blood Levels
If anything, DHT should be protective. I also can't find that it lowers elastin. ROS lowers elastin, and DHT lowers ROS which would preserve elastin.

Both HDL and LDL can be used for steroidogenesis.
Hormonal Regulation of Testicular Steroid and Cholesterol Homeostasis
"Enhanced testicular requirements for cholesterol may also be reflected in an increase in enzymes required for the uptake of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol via the selective uptake pathway."

But it comes down to thyroid. Someone can have all the cholesterol in the world, but without thyroid, little androgens will be synthesized and the adrenals might take over and use the cholesterol to produce cortisol.

Zigzag

It could be androgen related but I doubt it. Could also be due to intestinal irritation as some people seem to be sensitive to capsaicin. Research seems to indicate capsaicin is good for hair growth but if it's causing scalp inflammation then I would avoid it.

I was be able to eat habanero peppers and hotter ones pretty often. Currently after eating even some weak jalapenos my next day mornings intestines feel "not the best" to say at least. Do you know what might be the cause?

Constatine

I was be able to eat habanero peppers and hotter ones pretty often. Currently after eating even some weak jalapenos my next day mornings intestines feel "not the best" to say at least. Do you know what might be the cause?
I don't know the mechanism of action but its a very common reaction. People with IBS avoid spicy food like the plague. It seems to positively modulate the microbiome but it can also be an intestinal irritant.